What could have been.
0 x
Grant Morrison’s “bat god” is nothing more than the Adam West Batman modernize
LM: Damian(Robin)Wayne

BruceDianaForever
Teen Titan

Re: So we almost had a continuation of JLU in comic book form

Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:09 am

Yup saw that. Even asked rhe guy if it would have some hot scenes he said only PG
What PG nowadays it ain't pg kids are so spoiled nowadays hell with pg, besides kids are into marvel and disney 😅
0 x

BatsGeek
Teen Titan

Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:25 am

Oh my gawwwwwwd I just saw this and came straight here
0 x

BatsGeek
Teen Titan

Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:33 am

Image :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:
0 x

no avatar
eurongreyo
Teen Titan

Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:25 am

Holy shit I feel the depression creeping in, this would have been so cool.
0 x

no avatar
MrBlue1594
Sidekick Trainee

Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:01 am

Son of a bitch
0 x
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens- J.R.R. Tolkien

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die- Roy Batty

ISAK
Titan

Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:22 pm

Instead of that we had the travesty of Justice League Beyond 2.0 at the height of the 52.
0 x

RadicalLogic
Teen Titan

Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:47 pm

Oof, that looked awesome. His Darkwing Duck is pretty cool, so I'd have loved to read this.

Only issue is that Wonder Woman's character seems a bit regressed, why is she still learning about the customs of Man's world? If this takes place after the ending of JLU, then she should be past that by now.

Other than that, goddamn it DC!
0 x
"Garlic deodorant. Jason says it wards off vampires up to ten feet away." - Black Canary

"I suspect it can ward off humans up to a hundred." - Batman

BruceDianaForever
Teen Titan

Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:26 am

RadicalLogic wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:47 pm
Oof, that looked awesome. His Darkwing Duck is pretty cool, so I'd have loved to read this.

Only issue is that Wonder Woman's character seems a bit regressed, why is she still learning about the customs of Man's world? If this takes place after the ending of JLU, then she should be past that by now.

Other than that, goddamn it DC!
Nope in the end of jlu she still had lot to learn, i mean we only saw her once hanging out to get familiar with things in the hawk and dove episode. That too end up being a failure due to that bank robbery. Then also she just talked about dating with bruce on rooftops. I don't know. It was never shown on screen.
0 x

BatsGeek
Teen Titan

Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:44 pm

Dude said he pitched this multiple times over the years....If I go to jail over this ship are you guys gonna bail me out? LMFAO. Anyway. Been wanting to say that's it's great that you guys are still coming to this site...just despite everything! Batman and Wonder Woman as a romance for us comes in food.
We usually get crumbs, and sometimes there's a meal like the versions from New Super-Man while it doesn't taste as good as the usual, it's still yummy. Same goes for Owlman and Superwoman with the flavor being bumped up to having them naked on a pile of cash.

These pages really boosted my spirits because BOY have they been low and I hope they did the same for all of you. These are ACTUAL pages of them on a date. A DATE. They look legit and look like something that's coming out in the future. Bruce is blushing. Diana is teasing him. This is part of their relationship! It's so right! They're in character! Goddamn it's refreshing to see something like this.

Bruce tried to end the date and leave Diana behind but flipped him upside down and reminded him that he doesn't need to do things alone. That whole thing is just....MAN. I wonder how that issue ends. I wonder how Sparrow would end this whole series because he's just someone else who really gets Bruce and Diana.
0 x

Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:16 pm

Looks beautiful, to bad we can't have it. Apparently.
0 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

ARB
Justice League

Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:14 am

Man reading these pages really brings me back. Such a nostalgic feeling. They're not perfect of course, as I don't like Bruce's attitude towards Diana, he should be past his "no dating" thing by this point. However, according to the writer exploring the relationship between Diana and Bruce was one of his main goals for this book, which probably didn't help his chances of getting his pitch approved. Not to mention sending DC five pages of Diana and Bruce going on a date pretty much sealed his chances of getting any work with them. The guy's lucky DC didn't send a hit squad after him.

At this point, the DCAU remains the last hope for WonderBat. If that JL reunion doesn't happen, I'm not sure what other chance it could get. I'm feeling hopeful it will happen eventually. Maybe then the guy could try to pitch his JLU book to DC again.
0 x

no avatar
Lurker nomore
Teen Titan

Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:39 am

Probably this a based when they barely knew each other maybe just after Kaznia incident in the orgiinal justice league cartoon run before jlu where he finally admitted in code he had feeling for diana
0 x

BatsGeek
Teen Titan

Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:05 am

ARB wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:14 am
Man reading these pages really brings me back. Such a nostalgic feeling. They're not perfect of course, as I don't like Bruce's attitude towards Diana, he should be past his "no dating" thing by this point.
Yeah, the part in particular where he jumped up and was going to leave her alone was pretty weird as it gave me an unpleasant feeling in my gut after going over it more than once. He spoke to her like she was a random girl he just met and had to show up with to a gala and then ditch to go do Batman duties when that's really not the case since he's well aware of her being aware of his other identity. :huh:
0 x

ISAK
Titan

Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:04 pm

Honestly, there was a hope before the JUSTICE LEAGUE movie disaster, since everyone associated with that movie were using the DCAU cartoons as a basis. Warner Bros was even betting on the pairing, somewhat. But after everything that happened with the divisive reception for BATMAN V SUPERMAN, the scared and rushed production of JUSTICE LEAGUE, the controversies with director's changes and plot changes, and the absolutely awful reception that was bad it turned the movie into a meme and scared Warner Bros from ever doing a cross-over movie again, not to mention the whole Ben Affleck and Henry Carvill situation... i don't see the Wonderbat pairing ever really taking off. Not soon.

DC higher ups never really supported the pairing, wishing instead for SMWW and Batcat. And the higher ups remain the same. Warner Bros animation and Warner Bros in general were the ones somewhat into it, mainly due to the DCAU cartoons popularity. The animation department eventually fell for the New 52. So that left the movie department bigwigs. After the JL movie disaster, though? Who knows.
0 x

ARB
Justice League

Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:21 am

That's why I'm saying the only chance remaining for WonderBat currently is the DCAU, the JL reunion specifically. That's the last place that's very likely to have any WonderBat in it, with the DCEU and the Comics going the way they are right now. A JL reunion movie or series remain the only likely scenario where we get anything resembling WonderBat, and even then I wouldn't be 100% it could happen there, seeing how apathetic most of the people involved seem to be towards the idea. Make no mistake, even in the DCAU, only Susan Eisenberg truly champions the ship, with Kevin Conroy support every now and then.

Neither Bruce Timm nor Paul Dini seem passionate about the idea, as it was mostly Dwayne McDuffie's idea in the first place from what I understand, and he's no longer with us. So even future DCAU projects are not a guarantee of any more WonderBat. I'm banking on the JL reunion thing because of the huge expectations that people have for it to celebrate everything about the DCAU, chief among them being the WonderBat relationship that many felt never got the development it deserved.
1 x

RadicalLogic
Teen Titan

Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:10 pm

Honestly, I doubt a DCAU reunion would get us any WonderBat, ARB. As you mentioned, aside from McDuffie, few people on the show seemed to care about the pairing, which is why WonderBat was kind of sparse and never fully explored. With McDuffie gone, even less chance of it happening now. Maybe if Susan Eisenberg REALLY pushed the idea, it might show but...

There is also the issue that DC seems to be hard-on with traditional pairings right now in the mainstream. Batman/Catwoman, Superman/Lois Lane, Wonder Woman/Steve Trevor, The Flash/Iris West, etc. SM/WW seems to get some love in Elseworlds occasionally but they have high-profile creators blatantly pushing it. With BM/WW, any high-profile writers just won't give us any Elseworlds with explicit BM/WW and I highly doubt it's because DC are stopping them. It's always slow-burn stuff which, while nice, never ends up going anywhere which is annoying. SM/WW writers frequently forego the foreplay and leap forth into the fornicating, which is why they get more "explicit" stuff.

The cinematic universe was one place for it but again, it seemed like mostly Snyder pushing it, nobody else seemed to give a crap.

At this point, I'm kind of hoping the rumors of AT&T closing down DC are true, because it means more creators might get a shot to pitch stuff using these characters, whether its books, video games, movies, cartoons or TV series instead of the tight clique at DC. It'd be a win for everyone, except for Geoff Johns, Dan Didio, Jim Lee and company, but who cares?
0 x
"Garlic deodorant. Jason says it wards off vampires up to ten feet away." - Black Canary

"I suspect it can ward off humans up to a hundred." - Batman

ARB
Justice League

Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:43 am

I'm still optimistic about our DCAU prospects, if only because it's the last remaining one. While I did say that Timm and Dini are most likely apathetic towards the the ship. I still think they like it fine considering they approved it. I think the voice of the WonderBat fandom, alongside people like Susan Eisenberg who just wouldn't stop talking about it, is a bit to big too brush aside. Not that DC/WB is not capable of doing that mind you, but I'd still say the chances we'll get some BMWW are on the better side of things. After all, a JL reunion would be something purely made for the fans of that universe, so why would they opt to piss off the majority of their fanbase by not following up on one of the most popular threads of that show ? It would be pure insanity........which means it's totally something DC/WB could do, but I remain optimistic (against my better judgement...)
0 x

BatsGeek
Teen Titan

Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:41 pm

Nobody is gonna come along and destroy the DCAU unless they got a damn time machine. Things have been established for the better and the Reunion film should provide more like our Knight and Princess kissing in suit. One could really cry when looking back at the respect these characters got then seeing what's been going on lately.

Oh, boy do I still look forward to sitting here in my gray and black Bat housecoat, Bat house shoes and a cup of hot cocoa in a Bat mug or a bowl of cereal marathoning Bats/Supes/JL. WB has been pretty incompetent/not caring when adapting these characters to live action. Mask of the Phantasm suffered under them when it really, really shouldn't have since it was based off a show that was getting very hot at the time. Not to mention the bothersome blank DVD disk and no extras.
0 x

ARB
Justice League

Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:43 pm

I looked at this twitter thread again to see if I missed any replies from the author, and I happened to found something neat in there.

Fairly sure there was another tweet in there where the guy specifically mentioned pitching this book on 2018 and 2019, but I couldn't find it. In any case, when I first saw this I thought this was from back in the days when the DCAU was still relatively fresh. I thought this must've been rejected because of the N52 BS. However, the fact that this idea was pitched as recently as this year makes somewhat hopeful for the future of the DCAU. I'm glad to know that there are writers out there still interested in continuing the DCAU universe and exploring the threads it left hanging. The guy says that the second time he received no reply, which he speculates was because of the AT&T merger, but who knows if the JL reunion deal pans out, perhaps his pitch could get green lit.
1 x