Bat-books Talk

Moderators: Chaosmob, Isis, DaisyJane
ARB
Justice League

Re: Bat-books Talk

Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:52 pm

ISAK wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:26 pm
The only claim Catwoman can claim is of being the most enduring AND pushed one.
Speaking of pushing...

I genuinely face palmed when reading this. I think this is it guys. I'm afraid nothing will stop this madness at this point. DC is boldy claiming, with a straight face, that Catwoman "SHAPED" the past 80 years of Batman. This is what it looks like when the entirety of DC's big wigs are pushing for an idea as strongly as they could. No wonder King's trash run is allowed to continue.

The funny part is that the article doesn't even provide any evidence or examples for what the the character had accomplished, only that she existed and people like her. Yet DC is making an outrageous claim about how Catwoman has single handedly shaped the Bat universe on her own, because they know people will be ecstatic to read that.

I think I'm gonna go kick down a tree...or perhaps a wall.
0 x

ISAK
Titan

Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:12 pm

The articles says it is about the "Brilliant Women of Batman", so i hope they don't stop just as Catwoman as feature others in more articles. Preferred with the same kind of bold faced pompous advertisement.
I hope so, but it'll probably not happen.
0 x

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:19 pm

This is funny. The other women throughout Batman's history won't get the same treatment. Their accomplishments will be downplayed and hide especially Talia's, btw I love how all the comments are about how they should and will get married by the end of King's run, very funny.
0 x

The_GD_Patman
Titan

Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:56 pm

Funniest part was Bob Kane saying she wasn't supposed to be a murderer or evil... And yet she was pretty close to killing the Bat family or Batman himself throughout the late 60's up to a 1977 issue of Brave and the Bold that I think only slightly preceded that Earth 2 story.

This revisionist history is downright nauseating.
0 x
“These characters were like twelve-bar blues or other chord progressions. Given the basic parameters of Batman, different creators could play very different music.”
― Grant Morrison

no avatar
Lurker nomore
Teen Titan

Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:50 am

great I do not mind bruce finding happiness but it can not be found in the modern version of selina. They will say the golden age version was to submissive which is why that version worked she actually wanted to become a better person for herself and bruce not push him to the gutter with her. Also what about Julie Madison Silver St. Cloud Zatanna Diana or Dr Kinslovg who fixed bruces legs from banes first attack using her meta powers which cost her sanity or Sasha Bordeaux wow and Talia too.
0 x