Bat-books Talk

Moderators: Chaosmob, Isis, DaisyJane
DaisyJane
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Donna Troy

Re: Bat-books Talk

Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:19 am

It may not be shipping but so far it is a good story featuring our favorite pair(and I will take what I can get). Ever notice how naturally funny Bruce and Diana are with each other. Neither character alone is that funny but together they have the best banter which Snyder showcases very well. And yes there seems to be a lot of subtext and Diana seems to be carrying some kind of secret knowledge regarding Bruce. I hope the next issue is as good as these last two have been.
0 x
FU DC

no avatar
Lurker nomore
Teen Titan

Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:08 am

One book I wish to get. Also I agree for some reason bruce and diana when they talk to each other give each othersense of fun. Maybe because they both never experienced what would be considered a normal childhood one raised to be a warrior because of her tribe. The other forced to grow up because of the murder of his parents and skipped the idea of childhood all together because of that tragedy. Maybe we and the characters subconciously get that because of the situations they grew up in. I think kid stuff one of my favorite jlu episodes explained that and you can get the idea of that a bit from dianas prospective as well. With bruce and clark their relationship is a lot like narutos and sasuke maybe that is why I liked that show besides having bad ass ninjas though my favorite characters are rock lee and hinata the most. Bruce is snarky towards clark and understands that and is okay with it though he tries to bring in some cheer in it . When they are written correctely that is I think. Why I am not a fan of bat cat I always seen selinas teasing of bruce as her mocking his mission than more than a lovers way of giving him a smile. Ironcially enough when bruce and diana banter is if they are good friends with hidden emotions and that seems more how lovers banter to each other I think. Or a relationship that has not only good romance but the partners respect each other. I never got that with selina and bruces banter though. I think she is always talking down to him in that regard but that is just how I see it
0 x

ARB
Justice League

Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:10 am

DaisyJane wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:19 am
It may not be shipping but so far it is a good story featuring our favorite pair(and I will take what I can get). Ever notice how naturally funny Bruce and Diana are with each other. Neither character alone is that funny but together they have the best banter which Snyder showcases very well. And yes there seems to be a lot of subtext and Diana seems to be carrying some kind of secret knowledge regarding Bruce. I hope the next issue is as good as these last two have been.
I know, right ? There is just something so light and fun about the banter Diana and Bruce share together. It's just such an entertaining dynamic that you don't find anywhere else. THIS is what I call chemistry, where both characters feel the most like themselves, or even their best selves, when they're together. This is not even something unique to how Snyder writes them, this has been pretty consistent in any decently written BM/WW story. The two simply jell together effortlessly. You don't see that for either in any of their other relationships. I still can't believe that there are clowns out there who claim that BMWW is "out of character" with a straight face. I guess it's out of character if all you're used to is garbage stories by King and his likes.

Anyway, I agree Diana is definitely hiding a secret about Bruce, and so far she seems to know a lot of stuff about Bruce that he himself doesn't know. It's certainly something terrible, as that would explain why she insisted on him not continuing on his journey and coming with her instead. I'm hoping that there is some BMWW somewhere in there. If there is it's guaranteed to be tragic, as I have a very strong feeling Diana ain't surviving this book. I'm a sucker for tragic BMWW, so fingers crossed Snyder throw us a bone here, if only for the s**t show that would result on twitter XD
1 x

The_GD_Patman
Titan

Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:21 pm

ISAK wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:16 pm
Sorry, is that i had put in my head that SMWW mostly happens whenever the worlds heads to the shitter, which i guess is only fitting. You've got: Kingdom Come, Distant Fire, Created Equal, The Dark Knight Strikes Again, Act of God, The New 52 (heh), Justice League Beyond 2.0 (God, i still hate this story).
Injustice was a similar continuity as well. And funny you bring up the more stable continuity as a prerequisite for BMWW, as Tom Taylor said that Clark's fever dream with Bruce and Diana married was an example of a "good timeline".
0 x
“These characters were like twelve-bar blues or other chord progressions. Given the basic parameters of Batman, different creators could play very different music.”
― Grant Morrison

ARB
Justice League

Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:13 am

I guess I just had a couple of stories on my mind when I wrote my post. Yeah I admit that the majority of any BMWW that we've gotten were in pretty stable environments. It's just been so long since we've seen any real BMWW in the comics, with the most recent being the Merciless, which is probably why I had that weird impression about BMWW being tied to post apocalyptic stories. Still I'd take BMWW in any shape or form, post apocalyptic or not.
0 x

Dick Grayson(Age 12)
Titan

Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:18 am

Batman 77
Spoiler: Show
0 x
GL:So, what's going on between you and Diana?

Bats:Nothing. She's a respected colleague.

GL: Uh-huh.

- BMWW in a nutshell

The_GD_Patman
Titan

Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:49 am

Dick Grayson(Age 12) wrote:
Batman 77
Oh joy! Another fucking publicity stunt! :roll:
0 x
“These characters were like twelve-bar blues or other chord progressions. Given the basic parameters of Batman, different creators could play very different music.”
― Grant Morrison

Dick Grayson(Age 12)
Titan

Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:02 pm

The_GD_Patman wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:49 am
Dick Grayson(Age 12) wrote:
Batman 77
Oh joy! Another fucking publicity stunt! :roll:
Honestly, nothing surprises me anymore. I mean his entire run has been about putting Batman in endless emotional torture with zero resolutions.
1 x
GL:So, what's going on between you and Diana?

Bats:Nothing. She's a respected colleague.

GL: Uh-huh.

- BMWW in a nutshell

Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:30 am

Tom King sucks, so I'm not expecting anything worthwhile to come from it. From a competent writer I would expect that Bane is about to wish that Batman killed people. Like that poor bastard would end up permanently paralyzed from the neck down, strapped to a chair, with his eye permanently forced open looking up at a picture of Alfred's smiling face for the rest of his god forsaken life. Batman is fully capable of being sadistic, just ask Lord Death Man.
0 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.