Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:39 am

Whats yours opinion on it is it a great film or bad film
0 x

Chaosmob
Site Admin
Justice League Membership: Plastic Man

Re: Batman vs superman dawn of justice

Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:09 am

Mixed, I felt the casting was PERFECT!!! But how Superman was written sucked. I hate how Superman was written as an EMO emotionally baby! Most of what I've read and seen of Superman he doesn't sulk. I wouldn't if I could do what he does. hehehe. I would probably be like Injustice Superman (Minus the killing) than say Earth Prime Superman. hehehe. Ben did an outstanding job as Batman and Bruce Wayne. Gal was fantastic as Wonder Woman. :)
0 x
Can I have one more day? Every one I have left. My life is yours.
League membership: Plastic Man

no avatar
Morgan banefort
Young Justice

Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:17 pm

Chaosmob wrote:
Mixed, I felt the casting was PERFECT!!! But how Superman was written sucked. I hate how Superman was written as an EMO emotionally baby! Most of what I've read and seen of Superman he doesn't sulk. I wouldn't if I could do what he does. hehehe. I would probably be like Injustice Superman (Minus the killing) than say Earth Prime Superman. hehehe. Ben did an outstanding job as Batman and Bruce Wayne. Gal was fantastic as Wonder Woman. :)
zack snyder said superman is going through character development hes still trying to find his place in the world I'm positive that snyder said he will be like the superman we know and love
1 x

RadicalLogic
Teen Titan

Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:37 pm

It was pretty terrible all round. Even ignoring the effed up characterizations, the plot is extremely dumb on every conceivable level. Funnily enough, the only thing I didn't completely hate was what everyone else disliked - Jesse Eisenberg as a slimy, Mark Zuckerberg type. I thought that was actually a neato fresh take on Lex Luthor that nobody had tried before without really compromising the core of the character unlike what happened with the others.
Morgan banefort wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:17 pm
Chaosmob wrote:
zack snyder said superman is going through character development hes still trying to find his place in the world I'm positive that snyder said he will be like the superman we know and love
I don't know where he said that but Snyder was lying. The original concept for the JL two-parter was supposed to be Superman becoming an evil, brainwashed slave of Darkseid that just dies in the end. Snyder just seemed to want to paint Superman as some kind of tragic X-Men figure being screwed by fate from every angle, which is not what Superman is really about. The "character development" he's going for is also a direct repeat of what happened in Man of Steel, where Superman's supposed core struggle was whether to help humanity despite being hated for it and being an outsider, in Batman v. Superman, his supposed core struggle...was whether to help humanity despite being hated for it and being an outsider.
0 x
"Garlic deodorant. Jason says it wards off vampires up to ten feet away." - Black Canary

"I suspect it can ward off humans up to a hundred." - Batman

ISAK
Titan

Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:16 pm

Superman core struggle in Batman v Superman was the guilt he still carried from MoS for all the damage and deaths that happened despite his best intentions and efforts, and his struggle to handle it while Lex took every opportunity to add more onto it and sully his name along the way.

As for the JL-Two Parter the one who'd die in it was going to be Batman. The focus also wasn't going to be on him being a brainwashed villain, but him and the Justice League trying to prevent a bad-end future scenario where they lose and Superman ends up brainwashed. Not that it changes much, but i feel that the it's important to clarify a bit.

The BvS is definitely flawed, but i'm on the minority that actually enjoyed parts of it.
0 x

Ghost13
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Captain Marvel (Shazam)

Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:31 pm

The BvS is definitely flawed, but i'm on the minority that actually enjoyed parts of it.
I´m definately part of that minority, too. Heck, I am not even sure if it is such a small minority. From what I remember the fight between Superman and Batman itself actually kicked ass.
0 x
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

― H.P. Lovecraft