Moderators: Chaosmob, Isis, DaisyJane
Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

New Wonder Woman movie coming.

Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:26 am

Thoughts?
0 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

no avatar
MrBlue1594
Sidekick Trainee

Re: New Wonder Woman movie coming.

Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:03 am

This is what I imagine taking LSD would be like
0 x
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens- J.R.R. Tolkien

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die- Roy Batty

ISAK
Titan

Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:48 am

I instinctively know it's based on that eagle-headed golden armor from Kingdom Come and HATE IT!
0 x

ARB
Justice League

Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:23 pm

Well, this has been fun ride yall. The DCEU, and Patty at that, is incorporating aspects of Kingdom Come into their stories. So this has been enjoyable while it lasted.
0 x

The_GD_Patman
Titan

Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:44 pm

ISAK wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:48 am
I instinctively know it's based on that eagle-headed golden armor from Kingdom Come and HATE IT!
Wasn't the Golden Eagle Armor (or something very near to it or to this poster) in Perez's run first? More specifically, I believe it's what she wears to disguise herself in the tournament to go to Man's World?
Last edited by The_GD_Patman on Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
“These characters were like twelve-bar blues or other chord progressions. Given the basic parameters of Batman, different creators could play very different music.”
― Grant Morrison

RadicalLogic
Teen Titan

Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:41 am

Grendle1853 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:26 am

Thoughts?
I guess they figured 80's = drugs.

Personally, I don't mind where they draw inspiration from. Kingdom Come ain't a particularly good story, IMO, but it has some OK ideas (though I would've expected a more "Red Son" inspired costume, seeing as Diana will supposedly be interfering in the Soviet Union in this movie). Throwing a fit over a costume seems kind of silly, no offense.

I'm more interested in how they are going to make Cheetah work, because she has always been one of the shittiest of Diana's rogues (despite being her supposed "arch-enemy" and despite hilariously awful attempts to elevate her to the level of The Joker and Lex Luthor).

EDIT: Y'know, I've changed my mind. Taking a second look at that costume, from a purely aesthetic perspective, it looks like pure shit. It makes Gadot's head look way too big on her body and it's just...ugly. The fully-covered look has never really worked for Wonder Woman and even if they did borrow from Kingdom Come, there it was more of a Grecian skirt look.
1 x
"Garlic deodorant. Jason says it wards off vampires up to ten feet away." - Black Canary

"I suspect it can ward off humans up to a hundred." - Batman

Dick Grayson(Age 12)
Titan

Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:17 pm

The 'scales' on her armor makes her look atlantean-ish
0 x
GL:So, what's going on between you and Diana?

Bats:Nothing. She's a respected colleague.

GL: Uh-huh.

- BMWW in a nutshell