Other than Bruce...

Moderators: Chaosmob, Isis, DaisyJane
Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Other than Bruce...

Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:25 am

Okay you are now the new writer of DC's ONLY Wonder Woman comic. They tell you that you can't have Wonder Woman and Batman in a romantic relationship. They, however, would like you to hook Diana up with another established DC character. Who would it be?
0 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

no avatar
Lurker nomore
Teen Titan

Re: Other than Bruce...

Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:58 am

Captain Atom, Mr Terrific, An older Captain Marvel Billy Baston, Sir Justin Shining Knight Kilowag
0 x

Grendle1853
Justice League

Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:09 pm

It might be on here as a joke, but I can actually see Wonder Woman with Kilowag.
0 x

Dick Grayson(Age 12)
Titan

Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:26 am

Lurker nomore wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:58 am
An older Captain Marvel Billy Baston
Having terrible SM: Distant Fires memories right now.
0 x
GL:So, what's going on between you and Diana?

Bats:Nothing. She's a respected colleague.

GL: Uh-huh.

- BMWW in a nutshell

ISAK
Titan

Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:24 am

Batwoman, Kate Kane.
0 x

ARB
Justice League

Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:40 pm

ISAK wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:24 am
Batwoman, Kate Kane.
Hell yeah, the only REAL WonderBat.
0 x

RadicalLogic
Teen Titan

Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:51 pm

Aquaman, just for the hell of it. I think the characters play well off each other.

That is, of course, assuming they are both single.
0 x
"Garlic deodorant. Jason says it wards off vampires up to ten feet away." - Black Canary

"I suspect it can ward off humans up to a hundred." - Batman

ISAK
Titan

Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:57 pm

Oh, they've attempted the Aquaman thing in the past, and i'm not talking about the Flashpoint alternative universe thing. It has always been bad. Both Aquaman and Wonder Woman become super horny and angry, and tempestuous. I think they figure that they're both warriors or something to that effect, so... you know. Two Kratos-like characters trying to hate-fuck one another.
0 x

ARB
Justice League

Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:32 pm

I don't know about Diana and Arthur. Arthur's relationship with Mera is one of only two in DC that I consider to be untouchable, alongside Clark and Lois. So not only is there no sense in losing Arthur/Mera for the sake of pairing Arthur up with Diana, but I don't think the two have the kind of chemistry suitable for a romantic relationship. However, I do see where the idea comes from, and despite it never having been done well before, I wouldn't be completely averse to the idea in a vacuum. In my head I've always pictured Diana and Arthur being close friends due to how similar their cultures are, and how both of them are representing their nations for humanity. That certainly makes far more sense to me than Diana and Clark being besties because "oh lonely aliens".

Coming up with a character to pair up with Diana is quite the task. Bruce is very easy to ship with other characters because he has such a huge room for character development, in addition to have a very unique personality that clashes and contrasts most other characters very easily, allowing for fun and interesting interactions. Diana on the other hand, is well rounded, polite, expresses herself openly, and aside from her initial naivety doesn't really have much room for personal growth. That's why the question about "what Batman could provide WW in a relationship" always confused me. What could anyone give to Diana in a relationship ? Not much I'd imagine.

That's why I think more than anything else, any character that might be paired up with Diana needs to have a very strong personality and presence. Generically nice characters just won't cut it. That's why characters like Steve or even Clark never have a strong chemistry with Diana. Even Batwoman (Kate Kane) is a terrible match, despite what many would have you believe, as the moment the two met Kate turned into jello and couldn't stop fangirling over how hot Diana is, because female characters butting heads is problematic you see. That's why BMWW works so well. There's a natural equality between Diana and Bruce due to how complimentary their personalities are, while still maintaining strong individual character traits that ensure that neither of the two dominates the other.

After all this deliberation, I honestly think Hawkgirl might be the closest character I could imagine having a relationship with Diana. The two certainly have chemistry as shown in both the DCAU and the little we've seen of their interactions in the current JL run. Otherwise, nothing else jumps to my mind.
0 x

BruceDianaForever
Teen Titan

Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:59 am

Bullshit nowadays these newcomer guys aren't true wonderbat fans, i feel quite not right with these mentioned comments also why does she or anyone need a relationship make a healthy storyline with one sub plot including the villians side or something like that.
0 x

Grendle1853
Justice League

Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:04 pm

BruceDianaForever wrote:
Bullshit nowadays these newcomer guys aren't true wonderbat fans, i feel quite not right with these mentioned comments also why does she or anyone need a relationship make a healthy storyline with one sub plot including the villians side or something like that.
...what?
0 x

BruceDianaForever
Teen Titan

Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:13 pm

Grendle1853 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:04 pm
BruceDianaForever wrote:
...what?
I meant new guys have joined this site and they're not as pure or true wonderbat fans/supporters, captain atom, shazam(that idiot) seriously those are the pairings hell Trevor is fine compared to this and green lanterns they are joke. That's my opinion rest whatever.
0 x

ISAK
Titan

Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:19 pm

It was just a question, a thought exercise. Nothing more.
0 x

ARB
Justice League

Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:04 am

BruceDianaForever wrote:
I meant new guys have joined this site and they're not as pure or true wonderbat fans/supporters, captain atom, shazam(that idiot) seriously those are the pairings hell Trevor is fine compared to this and green lanterns they are joke. That's my opinion rest whatever.
Grendle is a far more senior member of this forum compared to all of us, so I don't think what you said really apply here. We are all DC/BMWW fans here, so there's no need for that "pure fans" nonsense. Being overzealous or fanatical in showing your WonderBat fandom benefits no one. This is not a cult. Keep a level head when discussing entertainment, especially when it's something ultimately as trivial as shipping.
2 x

Grendle1853
Justice League

Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:55 am

ARB wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:04 am
BruceDianaForever wrote:
Grendle is a far more senior member of this forum compared to all of us, so I don't think what you said really apply here. We are all DC/BMWW fans here, so there's no need for that "pure fans" nonsense. Being overzealous or fanatical in showing your WonderBat fandom benefits no one. This is not a cult. Keep a level head when discussing entertainment, especially when it's something ultimately as trivial as shipping.
Yes, we traditionally save that kind of vitriol for topics like Grant Morrison, or Damian Wayne. :)
Seriously though, I agree with ARB, we want this forum to remain open and inviting to new people.
0 x

BruceDianaForever
Teen Titan

Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:38 am

Pfft no wonder this ship isn't canon
Being respectful to other shippers didn't gave us anything so idk...

Also i was particularly saying about lurker nomore's option.

Truthfully DC wont do anything about this pair either all those idiots want is money and sales they don't care for any loyal fanbase, they wouldn't be putting out almost flop movies 😂
also they haven't expanded their market worldwide, except patriotic USA.WB should just kick off DC that should put them in their place.
0 x

ARB
Justice League

Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:23 pm

This has nothing to do with being respectful to other shippers. You're asking us to act toxic to each other. How is that gonna help make WonderBat happen ? This is a an online forum dedicated to BMWW, so it stands to reason that all of us here are big fans of the ship, so what's the point of acting aggressive to other members ? I know how awful and toxic other fandoms can be, but that's no reason to take things out on other BMWW fans on the one website where they're welcomed.

Lurker simply engaged in the hypothetical scenario that Grendle proposed. It's fine if you disagree, and you're welcome to express your opinion respectfully. However, coming over and complaining about how this whole topic is shameful and that this is why WonderBat will never happen is ludicrous and obnoxious. There are better ways to express yourself, and keep in mind that we're ALL WonderBat fans around here.
2 x

BruceDianaForever
Teen Titan

Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:33 pm

ARB wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:23 pm
This has nothing to do with being respectful to other shippers. You're asking us to act toxic to each other. How is that gonna help make WonderBat happen ? This is a an online forum dedicated to BMWW, so it stands to reason that all of us here are big fans of the ship, so what's the point of acting aggressive to other members ? I know how awful and toxic other fandoms can be, but that's no reason to take things out on other BMWW fans on the one website where they're welcomed.

Lurker simply engaged in the hypothetical scenario that Grendle proposed. It's fine if you disagree, and you're welcome to express your opinion respectfully. However, coming over and complaining about how this whole topic is shameful and that this is why WonderBat will never happen is ludicrous and obnoxious. There are better ways to express yourself, and keep in mind that we're ALL WonderBat fans around here.
Sorry to bother you and crush your hopes but I don't think so DC cares about us. Because they don't have the supporting writers or insisting ones who support the pairing. And everything is just boring in DC they're dead literally.
0 x