WW in superman red son

Moderators: Chaosmob, Isis, DaisyJane
Bickerton
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Robin [Damian Wayne]

WW in superman red son

Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:38 pm

Wow bruce Timm will find ways to avoid sm/ww in his animated movies. even if he is adapting a story that has it.

And they also give here a very Badass Wonder Woman moment at the end

0 x
Grant Morrison’s “bat god” is nothing more than the Adam West Batman modernize
LM: Damian(Robin)Wayne

DaisyJane
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Donna Troy

Re: WW in superman red son

Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:00 pm

That last scene was excellent. Bruce Timm knows WW better than most writers at DC. That was so completely and quintessentially Diana, I am speechless. So nice to have her as his ally (though naively believing he has done good for the world) and not some starstruck girl pinning for superdick.
0 x
FU DC

DaisyJane
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Donna Troy

Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:01 pm

The SMWW faction must be losing their minds over this. I can see why that are so afraid of him making Kingdom Come. LOL.
0 x
FU DC

ISAK
Titan

Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:56 pm

Yeah, i have seen a lot of people complaining about the staff going "woke" because of it or saying that her characterization became nonsensical without the one-sided romantic aspect of their dynamic.
0 x

RadicalLogic
Teen Titan

Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:27 pm

On one hand, I can appreciate removing the "WW is madly in love with Supes aspect" to try and elevate Wonder Woman's character, on the other hand, they completely fucked the plot by cutting out or modifying a bunch of stuff like this without understanding how they impact the plot. Like how the ending having the time-loop stuff on the comic removed completely screws the message that the original had about Lex Luthor being a huge hypocrite whose ideal world was doomed and instead just goes "nope, everything was totally fine and everyone lived happily ever after while Superman just fucked off" or how Wonder Woman's entire involvement in the Superman vs. Batman fight makes no sense when the movie has her hating Superman's totalitarian ideology from the get-go and wanting both of them to quit their bullshit instead of her growing horror at Superman's fall and personal reasons from the comics. They either should've kept it as it was or rewrote it more to fix up those inconsistencies.
0 x
"Garlic deodorant. Jason says it wards off vampires up to ten feet away." - Black Canary

"I suspect it can ward off humans up to a hundred." - Batman

Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:01 am

DaisyJane wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:01 pm
The SMWW faction must be losing their minds over this. I can see why that are so afraid of him making Kingdom Come. LOL.
Bruce Timm cuts the SMWW from Kingdom Come, SMWW fans loose their minds, everyone else points out that it makes the story better. Seriously, Superman spent that entire book pining for Lois and barely had time for Diana in it.
Also in just about every time that they hook the two of them up, they make Wonder Woman insanely in to Clark. So much so that it eclipses everything else about her character. I think thats because people who write SMWW are just Superman fans who think it would be AWESOME for Superman to have SUPER SEX with the most powerful woman! Because if they cared to write Wonder Woman in character they would quickly find that it doesn't work.
1 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.