Wonder Woman and Bisexuality

Moderators: Chaosmob, Isis, DaisyJane
ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:52 am

ARB wrote:QR_BBPOST that needs to be the case so that her reason for leaving Paradise Island is heroic in nature, not just because of Steve, which while I whole heartedly agree with his reasoning
Oh yes I know you would agree with his reasoning lol. but seriously I hear what you are saying about this whole situation. I always saw WW as Bi/Pansexual but now she is going to be forced to prove her gayness to people and some people just want her to be propaganda for there believes and don't care about the story that's where the whole BW/WW thing comes from and the reasoning the authors are giving is prime example of why it never had to be made into a big deal just subtext and nodes for those who actually read the comics but no it had to be screamed from the rooftops to make shallow mind latch on to it and use it to define the character lookout for comment saying she should have a GF and even some say BM/WW should not happen because WW loves women or that her relationships never work out with men so she should just get a GF. This could blow up and start to define the character and the pressure for change will eventually cause damage. What if Rucka does ST/WW for a while and the people hate it(as they will) they will cry for her to be with a woman good forbids this happens with BM/WW I would literally die
1 x

Lotslover
Teen Titan

Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:00 pm

Darkknight wrote:QR_BBPOST
Well i'm not expecting any BMWW pairing in Rucka's WW book sooner or later, i think it's mostly going for ST/WW, maybe it doesn't seem clear yet but i still have feeling that we're going to have some BMWW in the JL comics and if my feeling is in place the BMWW is going to start from there and then some in Trinity comic series...
UGH! So not a Steve fan and not just b/c I'm a Wonderbat fanatic. I've just never liked his character. I always thought that Diana could do better than him and, of course, we all know that the better man is Bruce! Now, we could just get Rucka and everyone else to agree! :wink:
0 x
Image Image

Darkknight
Teen Titan

Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:37 pm

Lotslover wrote:QR_BBPOST
Well i'm not expecting any BMWW pairing in Rucka's WW book sooner or later, i think it's mostly going for ST/WW, maybe it doesn't seem clear yet but i still have feeling that we're going to have some BMWW in the JL comics and if my feeling is in place the BMWW is going to start from there and then some in Trinity comic series...
UGH! So not a Steve fan and not just b/c I'm a Wonderbat fanatic. I've just never liked his character. I always thought that Diana could do better than him and, of course, we all know that the better man is Bruce! Now, we could just get Rucka and everyone else to agree! :wink:
I always wonder if Rucka still considers the story of ww blackest night and the BMWW thing in it, if he really does then i myself still have hope in him in the future to consider pairing them in another comic story, and why not another writer who has the same thoughts it would raise our hopes more, the new52 and the SMWW development in it was the biggest obstacle for our ship, now that it's gone, i'm not seeing any prevention to see the BMWW coming anytime later :)
0 x

Lotslover
Teen Titan

Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:52 pm

I always wonder if Rucka still considers the story of ww blackest night and the BMWW thing in it, if he really does then i myself still have hope in him in the future to consider pairing them in another comic story, and why not another writer who has the same thoughts it would raise our hopes more, the new52 and the SMWW development in it was the biggest obstacle for our ship, now that it's gone, i'm not seeing any prevention to see the BMWW coming anytime later :)
LOVE your positive thinking! I'm hoping the BMWW hype that the BvS movie created further stirs the fires for it to carry over into the comics. :love:
0 x
Image Image

Darkknight
Teen Titan

Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:14 pm

Lotslover wrote:QR_BBPOST
LOVE your positive thinking! I'm hoping the BMWW hype that the BvS movie created further stirs the fires for it to carry over into the comics. :love:
Of course! one shot leads to many, if we ever get one in a one of DC's universe, we would expect another somewhere else, and since we're accustomed to just hints(unfortunately), then let it just be as long as they show that Bruce and Diana have an inner romantic feelings towards each other, i'm not the kind who wants to see them kissing in the 1st or second meeting, but i'd love to see a gradually built true relationship between them even if it takes years, and what's better than getting a slow exciting thing that's correctly made rather than something in rush that ruins all the fun and expectations? ;) The JL tv show was the best example of building a decent healthy BMWW relationship that grows slowly and in place and it hasn't ruinned any of the 2 characters, it just makes you want more(if only they didn't drop it down)
0 x

Ni Castle
Teen Titan

Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:50 pm

"“It’s not in the film,” Gadot told Yahoo Movies (watch above) while visiting our studios with her Keeping Up With the Joneses castmates Jon Hamm, Isla Fisher, and Zach Galifianakis. “In the film she falls in love with a man [Steve Trevor, played by Chris Pine]. But in general — I read this article as well — I think Wonder Woman is all about heart, and she cares for people without paying too much attention to their gender. So that’s an option, but we never experience that in [Wonder Woman].”"

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/wonder-wom ... 32720.html
0 x

ARB
Justice League

Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:10 pm

I completely agree with Gal on this, and she continues to surprise me with how well she understands Diana, so kudos for her. As I said before, people took Rucka's comment completely the wrong way, and the dumb sites that ran the articles, including the very site that conducted the interview, are to blame for the misleading headlines. It's clear no one at DC is even thinking or cares for exploring Diana's supposed queerness. This whole thing was just Rucka speaking for himself and how he writers Diana, and why he think she absolutely needs to have had relationships with women on the Island before leaving. People believe Rucka was speaking on behalf of DC, and is revealing the brand new direction they're taking with WW, which is not the case. Not to mention that the idea of Diana having relationships with women on Paradise Island is not even a new thing, but now that Rucka went and labeled her as "Queer" everything suddenly changed.

I'm pretty sure DC was blindsided by how this situation blew up the way it did. I feel this whole thing will end up being ignored by DC, as it's too big of a commitment for one of DC biggest characters. While I personally have no problem with the idea itself and the way Rucka intended it, I dreaded the reaction that it would get and I was proven right. I mean to think that there are people out there who were seriously expecting the WW movie (that wrapped up shooting months ago, and is known to have Steve in it) would even hint at Diana's queerness, shows how much this whole situation spiraled out of control. The blame ultimately lies with the clickbait headlines and people being dumb, but Rucka should've been smart enough to foresee the repercussions of his reveal.
1 x

Gtafans93
Teen Titan

Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:46 pm

So apparently Gal Gadot is pregnant Again I wonder how this will be when she makes further films as wonder women?
0 x

Chaosmob
Site Admin
Justice League Membership: Plastic Man

Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:56 pm

Thought the same thing, unless they write it into the script. OH GOD PLEASE DO!!! HEHEHEHEHEHEHE
1 x
Can I have one more day? Every one I have left. My life is yours.
League membership: Plastic Man

Ddlo18
Titan

Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:49 pm

Chaosmob wrote:QR_BBPOST Thought the same thing, unless they write it into the script. OH GOD PLEASE DO!!! HEHEHEHEHEHEHE
Mini WonderBat Jrs. Flying around the DCEU? Count me in.
0 x
"You're Strong"

"Really Boy Scout, you call that flirting"

"He's the New 52 Version,Princess, ignore him"

ARB
Justice League

Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:18 pm

Welp, apparently Gal is interested in having Halle Berry as a love interest for Wonder Woman 2 XD It seems she wasn't even joking when she said that. With all the shipping wars that're happening over Diana and Gal, I'm honestly starting to lose interest in seeing BMWW happening now. As much as I hate to admit it, having it happen now not long after the reviled SMWW, and all the people who want WW to have a female love interest, might just add to the stigma that BMWW already has (because of SMWW). Why did I have to like the one ship that has the most obstacles in front of it T__T

http://batman-news.com/2016/11/06/gal-g ... r-woman-2/
0 x

Ddlo18
Titan

Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:36 pm

ARB wrote:Welp, apparently Gal is interested in having Halle Berry as a love interest for Wonder Woman 2 XD It seems she wasn't even joking when she said that. With all the shipping wars that're happening over Diana and Gal, I'm honestly starting to lose interest in seeing BMWW happening now. As much as I hate to admit it, having it happen now not long after the reviled SMWW, and all the people who want WW to have a female love interest, might just add to the stigma that BMWW already has (because of SMWW). Why did I have to like the one ship that has the most obstacles in front of it T__T

http://batman-news.com/2016/11/06/gal-g ... r-woman-2/
I'm sure she was just joking around ARB, a lot of things get mishandled when being translated lol
0 x
"You're Strong"

DaisyJane
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Donna Troy

Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:39 pm

Yeah she was joking about have Isla Fisher as a love interest in the one interview. Never forget that Gal has a great sense of humor. The interview was in not in English so who knows if the guy translating understood the subtleties of if she was possibly joking. It sounds like she is not being serious at all. Just more clickbait.
1 x
FU DC

ARB
Justice League

Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:50 pm

Oh I realize that she's probably joking XD That doesn't change the fact that this will only add more fuel to the fire though. My point was that if BMWW happens now, there will be A LOT of people who'll get pissy over it, no matter how well done it is, simply based on the fact that they support different relationships for either Diana or Bruce. Now add the slashfic scene to the mix, which got semi-legitimized after Rucka's "revelation", who now also want in on the "who gets WW" race. It's just a mess.

I don't want BMWW to happen only to become another hated ship like SMWW, just because of horrendous circumstances. One of the things I really like about BMWW is that its history is pretty good compared to most other ships, and it would break my heart to see that change duo to DC mishandling it. That's why I'm feeling conflicted about it. The thing though is that I'm not even opposed to see Diana with a female love interest, it's just that I like BMWW way more and I've been waiting for it to happen for years now, so if it happens I want it to be done really well and in the perfect circumstances. I will forever feel cheated by how DC didn't do BMWW after the Return of Bruce Wayne event even though it would've been perfect to do it then >_<
0 x

Ddlo18
Titan

Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:02 pm

People will hate or love anything and everything. I don't care if some people hate WonderBat, as long as it's well developed and doesn't hurt the character, give me WonderBat 25/8.

when we get it, people well hate it, tht I have no doubt. But I believe a lot more people well love it. Regardless of situation
0 x
"You're Strong"

ARB
Justice League

Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:47 pm

But BMWW doesn't deserve any hate xc It'd be sad to see BMWW going down as another crappy ship just because of the circumstances surrounding it at the time it happens. Don't forget that a major reason why SMWW was ended (beside being poorly thought out on top of being shitty) is because of the negative backlash that it received. So if BMWW happened and got a similar response that would not only kill any chances of it becoming anything more than a failed experiment, but would also pretty much render all the time and effort people put into supporting it to waste. That just too bleak a prospect for me to accept. It's sad really because BMWW happening the DCEU could be the best thing that could ever happen to it, but there's too much negativity surrounding any relationship involving Diana at the moment, that unless it's done perfectly it could really blow up in our faces. I'm just worried -____-
0 x

Ddlo18
Titan

Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:05 am

ARB wrote:But BMWW doesn't deserve any hate xc It'd be sad to see BMWW going down as another crappy ship just because of the circumstances surrounding it at the time it happens. Don't forget that a major reason why SMWW was ended (beside being poorly thought out on top of being shitty) is because of the negative backlash that it received. So if BMWW happened and got a similar response that would not only kill any chances of it becoming anything more than a failed experiment, but would also pretty much render all the time and effort people put into supporting it to waste. That just too bleak a prospect for me to accept. It's sad really because BMWW happening the DCEU could be the best thing that could ever happen to it, but there's too much negativity surrounding any relationship involving Diana at the moment, that unless it's done perfectly it could really blow up in our faces. I'm just worried -____-
Yea but ARB, the reason why SuperWonderCrap was so negatively backlashed was because of how bad the writing was and how unfit those characters are for each other. It wasn't the timing. If we get a well developed and well written WonderBat relationship I see no negative response deriving from it. If WonderBat gets written like crap then yea we'll lose supporters but that's the same for every relationship.
0 x
"You're Strong"

ARB
Justice League

Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:54 am

I realize SMWW's failure wasn't due to timing, but if BMWW happens one day, SMWW's failure will still hang over it as stupid as that might sound. The thing is many people already equate the two for some reason although logically there is no correlation between the two, but that won't stop the negativity from SMWW form affecting BMWW. Add to that the whole controversy about Diana's sexual orientation, and you have a recipe for disaster. Of course BMWW has to be well written, that goes without saying irregardless of the circumstances. However with all the negativity surrounding BMWW (which is not the fault of BMWW as I stated) DC not only needs to do a decent job with it, but they'll have to knock it completely out of the park if they wanted it to be well received, and considering that this is DC we're talking about I don't have high hopes. Compare that with SMWW, which had the stars aligned for it to work, completely with DC having all the intentions of making it the new "status quo" and yet it failed spectacularly, so there's nothing else to blame other than SMWW itself being crap.

If BMWW was ever to become a thing, I want it to have the same positive environment around it so that it gets a fair chance, because if it failed due to outside circumstances and got labeled as another mistake like SMWW, that would really piss me off. The way I see it, now might be both the best and the worst time to do BMWW. It's terrible because of the all the controversies surrounding WW and the many rival ships that exist for both Diana and Bruce, and the fact that SMWW is still pretty fresh in people's minds, with Diana just barely starting to move on from it. On the other hand due to the DCEU, BMWW happening now could also be a godsend, as if they did it well that would pretty much cement it in the minds of the majority of people, even those who don't read comics (similar to what the DCAU did), and that success would surely translate into the comics. I'm not sure if I'm liking these odds though. BMWW is too big of an idea to fade away, especially with how popular it is with fans and with writers at DC, so it's bound to happen one day. So should we hope for it to happen now when comics are experiencing a turbulent time and risk damaging our chances of ever seeing it handled well, or wait for a quieter time later on ? That's what I've been struggling with, and I still can't come to a decision I'm at peace with -____-
1 x

no avatar
imagnryfroster
Young Justice

Re: Wonder Woman and Bisexuality

Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:04 am

Look at me entering this discussion late. I was reading a CBR article discussing her possible bisexuality, hence me wanting to have a take

On the top though, I can see it either way - moreso gender is not a big factor in her attraction, but I'm not sure her having romantic relations while in Themyscira considering that she did grew up with the Amazons as aunts and sisters. That being said, it would be weird if some Amazons were not LGB+ imo
0 x
Missing the DCAU, already missed DCcU
OTP since the First Date

Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Re: Wonder Woman and Bisexuality

Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:47 pm

Looking back at her character history, and her past love interests, I think no matter what her views on romantic relationships with other women, Wonder Woman obviously enjoys dick. Also remember the only reason they official made her bisexual in the comics was to appease Gail Simone and make it seem like she didn't leave Themyscira because she wanted to have sex. Which is stupid and hilarious. Diana has a great interest in penis and the pursuit of it is one of the many reasons why she left home.
2 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.