WONDER WOMAN 1984 Trailer

Moderators: Chaosmob, Isis, DaisyJane
Bickerton
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Robin [Damian Wayne]

WONDER WOMAN 1984 Trailer

Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:29 pm

So the leaks were true. not sure how i feel about, but th movie does look good.
0 x
Grant Morrison’s “bat god” is nothing more than the Adam West Batman modernize
LM: Damian(Robin)Wayne

RadicalLogic
Teen Titan

Re: WONDER WOMAN 1984 Trailer

Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:49 pm

Eh, leaks sounded kinda goofy, true, but so did the ones for the first movie and it still ended up being pretty fun despite almost all of them being true.

I do like how they ditched the sword-swinging Diana from the first movie and went with the traditional stuff, like Wonder Woman throwing her tiara. I honestly forget the last time I saw her do that in any adaption.
0 x
"Garlic deodorant. Jason says it wards off vampires up to ten feet away." - Black Canary

"I suspect it can ward off humans up to a hundred." - Batman

MTVCCVC
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Tim Drake [Red Robin]

Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:27 am

I'm going to be cautiously optimistic about this one.

I don't really like them bringing back Steve Trevor and while the fish-out-of-water bit with him might be funny for a bit in a role reversal kind of way, but I hope they don't overuse it.

Gal Gadot is still charisma personified and I like her on screen. That swinging on lightning part is... cool-lame.
0 x

Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:41 pm

I'm curious about someone looking at all the different versions of Cheetah that has existed so far throughout comic book history, and then went, "You know who would be the perfect actress to play Cheetah? Kristen Wiig." You remember back when people were complaining that the MCU had a villain problem? Between Nigel Thornberry Aries and Lex Eisenberg all of the Marvel films villains look awesome, and with this trailer that doesn't seem to be changing any time soon.
1 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:36 pm

0 x
Hail to the King Baby

MTVCCVC
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Tim Drake [Red Robin]

Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:37 pm

I've got mixed feelings about this. The action looks intersting, but some of the comedy is... Weak if not cringe.

I'm hopeful, but somewhat hesitant.
0 x

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:17 pm

I'm in a different boat where this interpretation of Wonder woman is concerned. I'm not a big fan of the first movie and I don't think I'll love this one either. I don't hate it or anything but in my mind's eye all I can see is how much better it could be.

But with all that said the trailer was exactly what I expected and yes the current DC universe does have a villain problem, imagine that the company with the most iconic comic book villain's have a villain problem.
0 x

no avatar
Morgan banefort
Teen Titan

Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:25 pm

ThatOneGuy wrote:
I'm in a different boat where this interpretation of Wonder woman is concerned. I'm not a big fan of the first movie and I don't think I'll love this one either. I don't hate it or anything but in my mind's eye all I can see is how much better it could be.

But with all that said the trailer was exactly what I expected and yes the current DC universe does have a villain problem, imagine that the company with the most iconic comic book villain's have a villain problem.
i think michael shannon was awesome and you could consider arthur fleck a villian
0 x

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:13 pm

Almost got about Zod for a bit, but you're right Zod was great. Idk if the Joker character study count's in the most traditional sense though.
0 x

RadicalLogic
Teen Titan

Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:52 pm

Chris Pine again looks like he's gonna be the best thing about this movie. I have no idea what they are going to do without this guy, he's basically half the reason they can sell some of this so-so dialogue. CGI Cheetah has been described as looking like something out of live-action CATS and yeah, not really working there. Judging by some of the scenes, the leak that got dropped about a year or so back was 100% legit,
Spoiler: Show
Maxwell essentially has a wishing stone MacGuffin that he uses to give everyone what they want while Wonder Woman pulls a Tarzan on lightning bolts
0 x
"Garlic deodorant. Jason says it wards off vampires up to ten feet away." - Black Canary

GreeKnight
Sidekick Trainee

Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:55 am

RadicalLogic wrote:
Chris Pine again looks like he's gonna be the best thing about this movie. I have no idea what they are going to do without this guy, he's basically half the reason they can sell some of this so-so dialogue. CGI Cheetah has been described as looking like something out of live-action CATS and yeah, not really working there. Judging by some of the scenes, the leak that got dropped about a year or so back was 100% legit,
Maxwell essentially has a wishing stone MacGuffin that he uses to give everyone what they want while Wonder Woman pulls a Tarzan on lightning bolts
LOL! I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds the lightning swinging ridiculous. Lightning is obviously not tangible, but they'd probably just pull out their magic card. I guess they were like..."we decided that Wonder Woman will not be able to fly, now how are we supposed to compensate for this?". But this was the best they could come up with?
0 x

Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:56 am

I don't think the casting for Cheetah is right, and was Maxwell Lord not a good enough villain with his actual powers? Also he's only a Wonder Woman villain because she was the one to snap his neck, without that background there actually is very little connecting these two characters.
0 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

GreeKnight
Sidekick Trainee

Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:58 am

ThatOneGuy wrote:

Yeah I didn't really like the first movie either...I thought it was OK. I'm surprised so many people thought it was good, but I always thought that was because expectations were so low to begin with.
0 x

RadicalLogic
Teen Titan

Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:24 pm

GreeKnight wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:55 am
RadicalLogic wrote:
LOL! I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds the lightning swinging ridiculous. Lightning is obviously not tangible, but they'd probably just pull out their magic card. I guess they were like..."we decided that Wonder Woman will not be able to fly, now how are we supposed to compensate for this?". But this was the best they could come up with?
Yeah, if they wanted Wonder Woman to fly and get around so badly, why not bring in her invisible jet? It would be infinitely less sillier than Wonder Woman swinging from lightning strikes with her lasso.
1 x

BatsGeek
Teen Titan

Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:18 am

Swinging around on...WHAT??? This movie is gonna be so dumb!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x

GreeKnight
Sidekick Trainee

Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:01 am

BatsGeek wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:18 am
Swinging around on...WHAT??? This movie is gonna be so dumb!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
That was a clip from the first Wonder Woman movie lol
0 x