WONDER WOMAN 1984 Trailer

Moderators: Chaosmob, Isis, DaisyJane
MTVCCVC
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Tim Drake [Red Robin]

Re: WONDER WOMAN 1984 Trailer

Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:54 pm

Even assuming the movie itself is good, it's just not going to be distributed widely enough for it too make enough profit.

Maybe if they made a deal with other streaming services or something...

There's also the hope that maybe when it ends up being pirated as it most definitely will, that the word of mouth on the internet will be so positive that it gets carried passed the financial failure...

I'm crossing every finger I have for this movie.
0 x

RadicalLogic
Teen Titan

Re: WONDER WOMAN 1984 Trailer

Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:03 am

I don't think the movie will be successful, TBH. I'd like it to be but even disregarding the pandemic and the shut-down and putting it direct-to-HBO-Max (a desperate ploy to save a failing service), there's something just...off about the movie. It seems to be falling all too much into the goofiness aspect and while I don't mind a little bit of goofy (it's a movie based on a superhero comic about a magic princess from a woman-only island fighting evil with the power of love - come on), this movie is giving me all the wrong vibes. 2017's Wonder Woman film managed to juuuust avoid falling into that trap and still ended up going mostly to shit in the third act. WW '84's marketing makes me feel like they are going to faceplant into Failuresville right in the first act. I also wouldn't count on popularity of the original film to save this. WW is unfortunately not as much of a draw as her counterparts even today and a bad movie will sink her promise just as quickly as 2017 raised it.
1 x
"Garlic deodorant. Jason says it wards off vampires up to ten feet away." - Black Canary

"I suspect it can ward off humans up to a hundred." - Batman