What Would a WONDER WOMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES Look Like?

Moderators: Chaosmob, Isis, DaisyJane
Chaosmob
Site Admin
Justice League Membership: Plastic Man

Re: What Would a WONDER WOMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES Look Like?

Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:22 pm

It is pretty popular, the wonderbat fb page I manage has been getting a lot of join messages. 99% of them are actual people and not scammers. So that is a plus. Had a few SMWW shippers a few years back and I had to ban them. (Evil laugh. WAHAHAHA!!!) We also had one BMCW shipper that had to go as well.
3 x
Can I have one more day? Every one I have left. My life is yours.
League membership: Plastic Man

Ghost13
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Captain Marvel (Shazam)

Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:01 am

BatsGeek wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:30 pm
Ghost13 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:15 pm
BatsGeek wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:24 pm

I did. This movie put me in a bad mood and did nothing but remind me of why people leave the Wonderbat ship. And my other suspicion on that Superman shit is correct. UGH. If you like it, that's fine of course, but new 52? I want nothing to do with it. Period! And it's been known that Catwoman is bad for Batman from the jump, anyone with sense would know that. She was never, ever really supposed to be paired up with him that's why the very first Batwoman was created. But DC overruled and this is what brings us to the mess we're in today.
Why did it remind you of that? Are a lot of people leaving the ship?

There was Superman shipping in the film? Damn, that really drags down the quality. Will re-watch it now, too.

You make a good point about Catwoman and Batwoman. Kinda sad how popular she is. If Selina could honestly reform like on Earth 2 she might be an okay woman for Bruce. Heck, she even went to prison for him. I kinda like the original Huntress. But Diana is so much better. And with killing Black Mask and all that she has far removed herself from being a good fit. Or with all that theft in Tom Kings run. She even stole her wedding dress.

I wish Diana and Bruce would just finally get together. Do you think they should have children? I think not. Damian is good enough and all that eugenics stuff really turns me off from SWW. It also turned people off from Damian, alltough there it was deliberate. Damian is not the best bat kid because of his genes but because he made his own choices, arguably in spite of them.

So, sorry for recommending a movie that made you feel bad. But great that you actually watched it and made your own infirmed opinion. And hey, at least you saw some good action.

Now I wanna write some BMWW fanfiction. Maybe about how Damian gets a little sister, but she decides against becoming a superhero and her complicated relationship with Themyscira and the other Bat kids. That might have some potential.
I'm not leaving the ship anytime soon I think, but DC's constant treatment of these characters and just the universe as a whole makes me want to. They know this ship is popular as hell that's why they keep giving them moments. And it's these moments that keep some of us from letting it go entirely. There is a nod to that other "ship", yeah.
Watching it right now and the only thing so far is saying to Steve that she flew with Superman. That's pretty tame. I am not even sure if it refers to their relationship or just generally working together.
0 x
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

― H.P. Lovecraft

Ghost13
Justice League

Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:02 am

Chaosmob wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:22 pm
It is pretty popular, the wonderbat fb page I manage has been getting a lot of join messages. 99% of them are actual people and not scammers. So that is a plus. Had a few SMWW shippers a few years back and I had to ban them. (Evil laugh. WAHAHAHA!!!) We also had one BMCW shipper that had to go as well.
Were they being jerks? xD
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

Chaosmob
Site Admin
Justice League Membership: Plastic Man

Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:48 pm

Yup, they were posting SMWW pics!!! GONE!!! The BMCW Shipper was hating all our posts.
0 x
Can I have one more day? Every one I have left. My life is yours.
League membership: Plastic Man

Ghost13
Justice League

Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:18 pm

Found a good article by the Mary Sue why 2009 WW doesn't hold up.

https://www.themarysue.com/wonder-woman-2009-not-good/

Feminism obviously, but you should still read it if you want to know why I don't want that writer on another WW project, unless of course she changed her ways. There is some good stuff in the old movie, like the fights, but overall it's pretty bad. Rewatching it now I am espacially annoyed by Steve. He hardly ever stops "flirting" with Diana. I wonder what she sees in him...
1 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

Bickerton
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Robin [Damian Wayne]

Fri May 21, 2021 6:55 pm

Am actually surprise they miss the mandatory Batman Beyond crossover And also they should also play with the tension between atlantis and themyscira. Its the onlygood idea form flashpoint in my opinion.
1 x
Grant Morrison’s “bat god” is nothing more than the Adam West Batman modernize
LM: Damian(Robin)Wayne