WW Continually Mistreated By DC

Moderators: Chaosmob, Isis, DaisyJane
no avatar
Huntsman44
Young Justice

WW Continually Mistreated By DC

Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:52 pm

I hate DC sometimes. These are pretty basic mistakes to fix.

1 x

Chaosmob
Site Admin
Justice League Membership: Plastic Man

Re: WW Continually Mistreated By DC

Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:40 pm

GRRR!!! Why oh why DC why!?!?!?!?!
1 x
Can I have one more day? Every one I have left. My life is yours.
League membership: Plastic Man

no avatar
Niloc
Young Justice

Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:04 pm

Honestly makes me feel so bad for Wonder Woman’s character and the treatment it receives. She is easily one of the greatest female role models out there, yet comments and supposed “jokes” like these sexualizing her character ruin her reputation. That’s one of my biggest issues with comics: instead of focusing on developing characters, most times they’re almost turned into this “TV show” theme of just ‘sex, drugs, and rock and roll’. What’s worse is that this isn’t the first instance that this has happened to Wonder Woman’s character; it’s a repeated process occurring for years. While I personally don’t like her writing, I do have to give Patty Jenkins props on giving us a Wonder Woman who was strong and didn’t take bs from anyone.

It’s like how Batman sadly has a reputation of being one of DC’s most uncaring/cold heroes due to what happened with Jason and how Dick left to become Nightwing, when in reality he’s one of the greatest father figure characters within comics. I’m not saying he’s perfect, but if you look at the people he’s raised, it’s truly amazing at how much he loves those closest to him.
3 x
My heart belongs to Batman - Susan Eisenburg (the true Wonder Woman)

{I’m Epistol btw, I’m just too lazy to use my other account.}

no avatar
Huntsman44
Young Justice

Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:45 am

Niloc wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:04 pm
Honestly makes me feel so bad for Wonder Woman’s character and the treatment it receives. She is easily one of the greatest female role models out there, yet comments and supposed “jokes” like these sexualizing her character ruin her reputation. That’s one of my biggest issues with comics: instead of focusing on developing characters, most times they’re almost turned into this “TV show” theme of just ‘sex, drugs, and rock and roll’. What’s worse is that this isn’t the first instance that this has happened to Wonder Woman’s character; it’s a repeated process occurring for years. While I personally don’t like her writing, I do have to give Patty Jenkins props on giving us a Wonder Woman who was strong and didn’t take bs from anyone.

It’s like how Batman sadly has a reputation of being one of DC’s most uncaring/cold heroes due to what happened with Jason and how Dick left to become Nightwing, when in reality he’s one of the greatest father figure characters within comics. I’m not saying he’s perfect, but if you look at the people he’s raised, it’s truly amazing at how much he loves those closest to him.
'Theme of Sex, Drugs and Rock and roll':
- Yeah, I hate how Selina and Bruce bang on rooftops. It's so out of character and stupid and paints Bruce as someone who can only think with his dick when he's around Selina. He's supposed to have incredible self-control!
- That WW anniversary special by Tom King also had a ridiculous moment where Diana, a small business owner, spontaneously decides to go on a cross-country trip with people she barely knows after gaslighting Clark for some reason. It's completely out-of-character.

Kind of disagree because WW1984 also negatively impacted Diana's character but overall PJ has done an alright job. I agree that it's been occurring for years though.

The issue of Batman appearing as cold and uncaring is not something that really hurts him as a character (imo) because that fits his universe and that's what people want to buy and are willing to spend their money on. Would I like him to be portrayed and perceived as a better parent? Yes but it's not that important. He's also got a lot more appeal than Diana so he can better weather characterisation mistakes and mistreatment by DC.
1 x

Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:00 am

Watch one episode of JLU and you can find so many DC characters, from iconic to the lesser known, that could make interesting series and they make this crap with Peacemaker. Seeing what they did to Vigilante for this also makes me sick.
Back to the point of this thread, DC and Warner Bros. are both deeply stupid, to the point that they can't capitalize on the most well known and popular superheroine of all time. She's been in like 80 years of stories and the most they've given us is one good movie, one shit movie, and crap like this. Let's hope Discovery makes some serious changes if they buy Warner Bros. and DC, otherwise the best Wonder Woman stuff in the near future is gonna come from the fanfic writers on this site.
0 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

Chaosmob
Site Admin

Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:40 pm

Yeah, a Wonder gang series would rock. Hell Donna Troy is the only really good character on Titans and I've only seen clips of the show.

Also Discovery isn't buying Timewarner, it's merging with them. (Discovery is a hell of a lot smaller company than TW!!) The CEO of Discovery is taking the CEO or President job. (Forget which one at the moment.)
0 x

no avatar
Huntsman44
Young Justice

Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:07 am

They’re doing a comic crossover called Trial of the Amazons (or something) soon. I also think the WW game will likely have some of the WW gang.

However, I can’t see a WW TV series coming anytime soon. I mean, they cancelled the Yara Flor one.

If that’s the case, I expect he won’t have that much power to change the course of the DCEU unfortunately.
1 x

Chaosmob
Site Admin

Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:09 am

Huntsman44 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:07 am
They’re doing a comic crossover called Trial of the Amazons (or something) soon. I also think the WW game will likely have some of the WW gang.

However, I can’t see a WW TV series coming anytime soon. I mean, they cancelled the Yara Flor one.

If that’s the case, I expect he won’t have that much power to change the course of the DCEU unfortunately.
Hopefully some of DC's big names show up in that cross over event... *Cough* Batman Clan!!! lol. They will probably have some of them in it.
0 x