Wonder Woman/Conan

Moderators: Chaosmob, Isis, DaisyJane
Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Wonder Woman/Conan

Sat May 19, 2018 12:46 pm

This was surprisingly good, and I think it might get people who are fans of one character to try out the other one. It does Wonder Woman's character very well (despite her having amnesia through out most of the story, Diana still usually acts like Diana), and despite having Conan acting slightly less criminally as he's prone to they give a good reason for him to do so. The story also has an awesome squad of recognizable Amazons going on a rescue mission. I'd suggest it for all of the Wonder Woman fans on the forum.
0 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Re: Wonder Woman/Conan

Sat May 19, 2018 2:34 pm

I saw it but I didn't like the premise or the writer to I passed on it but I might check it out after all.
0 x

no avatar
Lurker nomore
Teen Titan

Sun May 20, 2018 2:04 am

Gail is a good writer but you can tell she hates batman for some reason . I see her write other male characters except for batman well whatever her reason is who knows
0 x

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Sun May 20, 2018 11:32 am

I wouldn't rank Gail's run on Wonder woman in the same league as Jimenez or Rucka but it isn't "bad" either her Diana is a little bit too self satisfied IMO and slightly brutish. I just don't like her writing style or tone so I don't think I will like this Book but I will give it a shot. It wont be bad but I just don't like Gail's Wonder woman. Its well known especially around these parts that she isn't a fan of Wonderbat or Bruce in general she is a SM/WW fan which explain why her Wonder woman is so self satisfied and slightly holier than thou especially in relation to in Gail's opinion Batman.
1 x

The_GD_Patman
Titan

Sun May 20, 2018 3:42 pm

ThatOneGuy wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 11:32 am
I wouldn't rank Gail's run on Wonder woman in the same league as Jimenez or Rucka but it isn't "bad" either her Diana is a little bit too self satisfied IMO and slightly brutish. I just don't like her writing style or tone so I don't think I will like this Book but I will give it a shot. It wont be bad but I just don't like Gail's Wonder woman. Its well known especially around these parts that she isn't a fan of Wonderbat or Bruce in general she is a SM/WW fan which explain why her Wonder woman is so self satisfied and slightly holier than thou especially in relation to in Gail's opinion Batman.
She peaked a bit early in her run. After "The Circle" it was kind of all down hill from there, I think.
0 x
“These characters were like twelve-bar blues or other chord progressions. Given the basic parameters of Batman, different creators could play very different music.”
― Grant Morrison

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Sun May 20, 2018 4:11 pm

She just doesn't capture Diana's voice well IMO, She comes of as slightly vengeful and a bit too war ready just overall her wonder woman just sounds conceited not necessary with what she says but you can just tell what the writer wants to convey sometimes and Gail Simone's overall voice as a creator just gives of that tone. She is much better as a Bird Of Prey writer working with Black Canary and Huntress.
1 x

DaisyJane
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Donna Troy

Sun May 20, 2018 4:52 pm

Gail can write a love interest worth shit either. The Tom Tressor romance got cringy real fast and her run became boring and slow.
1 x
FU DC

ISAK
Titan

Sun May 20, 2018 6:24 pm

I hated how she wrote Steve Trevor in that animated movie. Sure, Pre-Crisis Trevor could be a bit old-fashioned and cheeky, but nothing like the sleaze he was in that animated movie.
0 x

Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Tue May 22, 2018 2:30 am

I think Nathan Fillion did the part better than anyone I've yet seen, and I like that movie a lot. If anything I'd say that Diana ended up being more than a little wooden in it, they should have gotten Susan Eisenberg for it.
1 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.