Wonder Woman 1984 One-Shot Comic

Moderators: Chaosmob, Isis, DaisyJane
Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Wonder Woman 1984 One-Shot Comic

Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:12 pm

Alternate cover:

What is it with women being drawn as overweight and flat-chested simultaneously in comics recently? They do know that is uncommon, don't they?
0 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

Chaosmob
Site Admin
Justice League Membership: Plastic Man

Re: Wonder Woman 1984 One-Shot Comic

Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:10 pm

Maybe it's just the cover Grendle. Giving it that 80's vibe. :)
0 x
Can I have one more day? Every one I have left. My life is yours.
League membership: Plastic Man

GreeKnight
Sidekick Trainee

Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:27 am

Grendle1853 wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:12 pm
What is it with women being drawn as overweight and flat-chested simultaneously in comics recently? They do know that is uncommon, don't they?
This should've probably been posted in the politics thread, because I'm sure it has to do with weight now being party of people's "social identity". Apparently it has nothing to do with the fact that you have no self-control...

Nevermind the fact that it's completely impractical for superheroes to be out of shape. But then again feminists would probably say that WW's powers come from magic, so she doesn't need to stay in shape.
0 x

no avatar
imagnryfroster
Teen Titan

Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:39 am

Yeah, but what's with the high-waist jeans? It's so weird
0 x
Missing the DCAU, already missed DCcU
OTP since the First Date

MTVCCVC
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Tim Drake [Red Robin]

Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:31 pm

I don't know what you are on about. The artist herself said it was inspired by a more realistic bodytype that people can see themselves in. And if she said so, it must be true.

The more important question should be, assuming (or granting for the sake of argument) that she isn't full of shit: who the fuck wants to see themselves in comicbook covers?

If I wanted to see myself reflected in something, I'd stand in front of a mirror.

If you need to see yourself in media you consume in order to enjoy it or really get any gratification from it, you either have crippling self-esteem issues or you are a narcissist of the highest caliber. Either way, you need professional help.
1 x

GreeKnight
Sidekick Trainee

Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:26 pm

MTVCCVC wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:31 pm
I don't know what you are on about. The artist herself said it was inspired by a more realistic bodytype that people can see themselves in. And if she said so, it must be true.

The more important question should be, assuming (or granting for the sake of argument) that she isn't full of shit: who the fuck wants to see themselves in comicbook covers?

If I wanted to see myself reflected in something, I'd stand in front of a mirror.

If you need to see yourself in media you consume in order to enjoy it or really get any gratification from it, you either have crippling self-esteem issues or you are a narcissist of the highest caliber. Either way, you need professional help.
LOL! Spot on.

This is the problem these days, people try too hard to be inclusive to everyone because they don't want to be viewed as "intolerant". It's a complete hoax and it's sickening
0 x