Story Challenge/Plot Bunny

Moderators: Chaosmob, Isis, DaisyJane
DaisyJane
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Donna Troy

Story Challenge/Plot Bunny

Thu May 10, 2018 8:25 pm

Saw this video on YouTube and thought it might be a great starting point for a BMWW fic especially with the BatCat wedding coming up. It could be done as an AU or within the continuity of DCU. Selina wouldn't have to have cheated on Bruce, maybe just have done a terrible crime or something and Bruce exposes her then takes of to some part of the world to get away from all the drama. May do this myself but that might take awhile so I though I would share. Good writing my dear friends. :D
1 x
FU DC

The_GD_Patman
Teen Titan

Re: Story Challenge/Plot Bunny

Fri May 11, 2018 7:49 am

DaisyJane wrote:

Saw this video on YouTube and thought it might be a great starting point for a BMWW fic especially with the BatCat wedding coming up. It could be done as an AU or within the continuity of DCU. Selina wouldn't have to have cheated on Bruce, maybe just have done a terrible crime or something and Bruce exposes her then takes of to some part of the world to get away from all the drama. May do this myself but that might take awhile so I though I would share. Good writing my dear friends. :D
Like where your story was headed. I did something like this a little while ago actually. It ended up as a web comic.
0 x
“These characters were like twelve-bar blues or other chord progressions. Given the basic parameters of Batman, different creators could play very different music.”
― Grant Morrison

Adelaine
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Oracle

Mon May 14, 2018 11:13 pm

Personally, I would just let that story run its course.

Insert all necessary disclaimers here. Opinion only. I don't have anything against batcat (nor smww) (but that's because I try not to have anything against anything, as principle). I find it more realistic to believe that these characters can and will have healthy relationships with other people.

I've always felt that if wonderbat happens, when it happens, it would be at the end of it all, after they've figuratively run across however many worlds thrice over only to finally concede that it should have been them.
Last edited by Adelaine on Tue May 15, 2018 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit. — Ronald Reagan

Adelaine
Justice League

Mon May 14, 2018 11:26 pm

The_GD_Patman wrote:
DaisyJane wrote:

Like where your story was headed. I did something like this a little while ago actually. It ended up as a web comic.
"Something like"? When I first read DJ's post, the webcomic was the first thing I thought of :D

The tears of the Cat
1 x
There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit. — Ronald Reagan

ISAK
Titan

Tue May 15, 2018 1:32 am

I don't think necessarily wants to bash Batcat, but rather that she seems dissatisfied with the way DC has been portraying the couple. I've done a lot of thinking about it. Because while i hate the current run i like to dwell on the reasons i think a certain way, and the thing is, and i've to ask you guys opinion on this: do you guys feel that the way the Batcat relationship is portrayed in the BATMAN solo book is healthy in any way?
Because i feel my biggest problem with it is that the way it is written it is really weird and comes off as toxic. They don't seem to see eye to eye on things, although Bruce think they're totally in sync on everything, and they don't even talk things out. Selina shows no respect for Bruce, specially his desire to be Batman, and actually seems to like the fact he's a broken man. I actually don't understand King's take.

So for this particular story i think the beginning could work with Bruce merely doing a bit of soul-searching regarding everything. I mean, in the comic Selina stole her wedding dress behind Bruce's back for no good reason at all. Just for the heck of it. That there is already a big sign of communications problem.
1 x

Adelaine
Justice League

Tue May 15, 2018 2:20 am

Yeah, but imo that's something Bruce and Selina would have to work out between themselves, without the interference of outside forces, unless their relationship turns into blatant abuse or something. =/ My opinion on whether their relationship is healthy or not doesn't matter.
0 x

The_GD_Patman
Teen Titan

Tue May 15, 2018 12:05 pm

Adelaine wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 11:13 pm
Personally, I would just let that story run its course.

Insert all necessary disclaimers here. Opinion only. I don't have anything against batcat (nor smww) (but that's because I try not to have anything against anything, as principle). I find it more realistic to believe that these characters can and will have healthy relationships with other people.

I've always felt that if wonderbat happens, when it happens, it would be at the end of it all, after they've figuratively run across however many worlds thrice over only to finally concede that it should have been them.
Agreed. WonderBat is an endgame ship.
0 x
“These characters were like twelve-bar blues or other chord progressions. Given the basic parameters of Batman, different creators could play very different music.”
― Grant Morrison

The_GD_Patman
Teen Titan

Tue May 15, 2018 12:05 pm

Adelaine wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 11:26 pm
The_GD_Patman wrote:
DaisyJane wrote:

"Something like"? When I first read DJ's post, the webcomic was the first thing I thought of :D

The tears of the Cat
Thank you so much :D
0 x
― Grant Morrison

Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:42 am

I had the idea for this one hit me out of the blue:

Diana and Bruce are planning to get married, but Hippolyta doesn't approve. To try and throw a wrench into the works, the Queen digs up a very ancient and obscure Amazon tradition that forces the groom to be to undergo a series of impossible trials in order to prove him worthy of the Amazon princess.
0 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

no avatar
MrBlue1594
Innocent Bystander

Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:28 pm

There’s a pretty good story called Bridezillas & Kryptoninte that covers something similar to this. I highly recommend it.
0 x
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens- J.R.R. Tolkien

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die- Roy Batty

Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:45 am

MrBlue1594 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:28 pm
There’s a pretty good story called Bridezillas & Kryptoninte that covers something similar to this. I highly recommend it.
Sounds like a SM/WW fic...
0 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

DaisyJane
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Donna Troy

Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:30 am

No Grendle it is absolutely a BMWW fic, I haven't had time to finish reading it but it is pretty good and funny too.
1 x
FU DC

no avatar
Lurker nomore
Teen Titan

Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:56 pm

Wonder woman and the amazons vs Happosai would be the greatest battle of them all if you know both. Wish I was a writer that can craft an epic story like that. Heck Bruces life is similar to Ranma's just more serious
0 x