The Meeting

Moderators: Chaosmob, Isis, DaisyJane
no avatar
BatsGeek
Sidekick Trainee

The Meeting

Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:29 am

A knock on the door can be heard from the kitchen in which Alfred is sitting in at the time. He opened it and two females in Greek beige dresses with the same crown braided hairstyles walked through.

"Welcome to Wayne Manor," Alfred shouted excitingly and made a call to the one he serves. "Master Bruce, we have guests!"
A young boy wearing dark blue pants and a grey long sleeved shirt is residing in the study room while reading The Art of War by Sun Tzu placed his book on hold for now to go see who's waiting for him. The girl had a look around before moving her eyes to the sound of approaching footsteps then readied herself for the meeting.
"I hope you had no trouble getting here."
"Not at all. We've decided to take our best chariot. It's able to thrive in the worst weather."

As he turned the corner, the children's blue eyes locked for a full minute.
"Sir, I'd like you to meet Hippolyta and her daughter, Diana. I've only met the former last week and invited them to dinner." Bruce eyed the woman and greeted her before walking away to the bathroom to wash his hands. "Set the table. I'll be there in a moment." All three of them were about to have the best beef stew from a very skilled gentleman.
A steaming bowl was placed in front of them when Diana was wondering where Bruce was and smiled when he walked in a minute after, sitting opposite of each other with the adults doing the same. The young girl looked at him a couple times with the first being when she slowly placed the spoon in her mouth. For Bruce, it was once. "Sir, perhaps you should give Diana a tour," Alfred said with a follow-up by Hippolyta. "Stay close to him, my daughter. The size of this mansion is tremendous." Bruce got up and so did Diana to do exactly what she said. "I know, mother."

Bruce took her to the room with his bloodline placed upon the wall. After he was done explaining who each of them are and was starting to move on, Diana made him turn around by just placing a hand on his shoulder while smiling as much as she could. "You're a knight...you have the blood of noble warriors within you." She spread her legs and got into a stance, proudly putting a hand on her chest. "I am a princess."
Bruce raised his right brow. "It's true..." He crossed his arms. "Hm...do you have any proof?" Diana grabbed his hand and placed something on it. "Here. I doubt you've seen this type of gold coin among the others you know of." Bruce flipped it over and tried to hand it back to her, but she put up a hand to stop him. "You may keep it."
Bruce placed the coin in his pocket. "Fine, but where do you come from, Diana? Judging by the clothes you and your mother wear, the look of that chariot and this coin..." Diana laughed a bit. "It's a very special and unique place. An island called Themyscira.

Meanwhile...back in the kitchen, a conversation is taking place between two parents.

"It's wonderful that Bruce is the most famous here just like Diana back home," Hippolyta said. "Indeed. If Gotham had a monarchy he'd be a prince..." He looked down remembering what happened a month ago. "...a king in waiting." The queen smiled. "Bruce certainly lives like royalty." She knew what that look meant and her smile faded. "It's a terrible burden no child should have to carry." Alfred raised his head in a sigh. "He's the one who witnessed it. I'd carry the entirety of that burden just for him. If only..." She squeezed his hand. "Goddess..."

Bruce and Diana walk into the living room and it was the last place to show her. He watched closely moved around and observed.
"I hope you enjoyed it here, princess. This is the final room." She was moving around and back to him. Diana grabbed his hand and moved to the couch. "Bruce if I was ever in danger you'd come to my rescue, right? Just like in those stories." "Why? Are you in danger now? Is there something happening w-" She put a hand on his mouth and giggled. "No. I'm currently being trained." Bruce shifted his head to her. "I see. In what way?" Diana smirked. "All ways. It's going well. But what about you? Do you plan on following in your ancestor's footsteps?"
There was something in Bruce's eyes...something of sheer determination when he turned his head to the largest picture of two people in the room. "Yes. I made a promise to them. I'm going to be training just like you. In all ways." Diana asked him who they are, but Hippolyta called out for her to come before he could answer. Bruce followed her to the door.

"She seems to have taken quite a liking to the boy because her eyes were on him more than the other way around." Alfred laughed hearing this. "So you've noticed the spark. Both of them can relate to one another in how they've been brought up. They're prodigies." The butler and queen stood in front of the door waiting for them to come along.
"Are you going to show me your home the next time we meet?" She grabbed her wrist behind her back. "I'd love to. You live in a beautiful castle, Bruce. I know I'll return one day." Diana stood by her mother and Bruce by Alfred.

"Your highness, I hope master Bruce became the most delightful guide for you." Alfred spoke. "He has. Must we leave now, mother? I wish to stay longer." Diana said with positivity on her face. "You may come back here when you finish your tasks. Thank you for letting us stay here, Bruce." He looked up at her. "It's a pleasure. Especially with people who have such an important position."
Diana stood in front of Bruce as close as she could while Alfred opened the door.
"Thank you for your time, Bruce Wayne." She placed both hands on his shoulders and kissed his left cheek. Bruce's eyes widened and his face red. Their eyes locked once more as her chariot lifted up into the sky. "Well, do you like her? You needed a friend other than myself," Alfred said as he and Bruce stepped back inside. "She's...different. I'll have to pick up a gift for Diana before she comes here again.

"I know how you feel about Bruce, my daughter. Would you like to tell me how much he is to your liking?" She bounced with joy. "Mother! He's marvelous! But Bruce appeared to be harboring something...I saw a man and woman in a picture. Who are they?"
Hippolyta's face became one of sorrow. Being hesitant, she explained, and Diana erupted. "WHAT?! NO! How could you commit something that's so atrocious!? It's unforgivable!! What will happen to Bruce!? There must b-"
"DIANA!" She grabbed her.
"Listen to me...there is nothing to be done for them...the best thing you can do for him is be his friend. There's great evil outside of the island which made me give great thought to whether I should bring you out here or not because there are those who only care for themselves and are not capable of love for another." Diana tightly gripped her favorite dress with both hands and stained it greatly by crying for the rest of the way back.
"Bruce......."
Last edited by BatsGeek on Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:56 am, edited 12 times in total.
1 x

Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Re: The Meeting

Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:51 am

Not a bad little story, I would suggest working on your paragraph structure as it was a little difficult to read in parts.
0 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

no avatar
BatsGeek
Sidekick Trainee

Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:59 am

Grendle1853 wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:51 am
Not a bad little story, I would suggest working on your paragraph structure as it was a little difficult to read in parts.
Thanks!
0 x

no avatar
SuperMaster51
Young Justice

New WonderBat fic writer.

Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:59 pm

Well, I just wanted to say that I am a WonderBat fic writer. I have writen a few fics, and I am continuing with more. So here are links for my fics, if you want to read them. :lol: :D
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13110662/1/Costumes
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13110009/1/DESIRES
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13133422/1 ... APOCALYPSE
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13179999/1 ... ous-island
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13087916/1 ... ice-League
0 x

no avatar
BatsGeek
Sidekick Trainee

Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:23 am

Been writing things here and there for nearly a decade now and maybe I'd like a job in writing. I struggled to finish this story by the end that you guys see above and actually did a follow-up. Another Wonderbat story I wrote is short and separate, but it can easily be combined to these since it's not utterly different.
0 x

no avatar
BatsGeek
Sidekick Trainee

Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:19 am

The Bats

It was eight o'clock on the dot while the sun is touching the insides of a young boy's wealthy ancestral home.
Bruce came downstairs straight from the bathroom having his hair rolled back and was wearing an unwrapped royal blue house coat with white pajamas. His breakfast was a combination of warm pancakes covered in strawberry syrup along with two slices of bacon and a glass of freshly-squeezed orange juice. He smiled at the thought of Alfred doing a remarkable job preparing his meals, never failing to get up early in the morning to attend to his duties. So before Bruce could eat he noticed that something was going on outside...that something seemed to be trying to make its way through the ground.

Curiosity filled his mind and made him get up to head for the window as the spot began to grow more and more. Then it happened: a swarm of bats shot up and out in a swirling group, darkening the kitchen and widening Bruce's eyes.
Alfred walked through the door and was startled at the event going on here in one of his workplaces then he put hands on the shoulders of his master. This went on for a full minute having Bruce's undivided attention and not once did he blink until it was over. Bruce said, "Can you get a flashlight and the ladder? I need to know how deep it is under my home." Alfred complied and came back with the requested equipment for them to set off to discover the substantial cave beneath their feet.
"Careful, sir," his loyal butler said as he decided to stick behind Bruce even though the pathway through was big enough that he could get beside him. "You're keeping an eye on me, Alfred." The boy spoke with a smirk and the raising of his right eyebrow before he got an answer from him, "Since the day you were born, master Bruce."
Somewhere else up in the distance, a beautiful chariot was about to come into contact with a mass of flying creatures so she steered her horses to the left and watched them pass by.
"Hera," the young girl pronounced as she was coming up on Wayne Manor.
She landed and got off in-between the horses so she could gently squeeze both of their ears. She wore a purple Aphrodite dress and her hairstyle was in the form of a Hellenic updo with ringlets and two curled strands hanging by the sides of her forehead. Diana smiled in excitement to see the friend she had made last year so she hurried to the door and knocked, but there was no answer. Another knock, but again, no one came to the door. The girl frowned a bit and went around to see a hole in the ground.

"Bruce, are you down there!? Bruce!?" she shouted, only to hear her own echo.
"Did you hear that?" Bruce said to Alfred, turning his flashlight on him and then to the direction of where it's coming from.
"Someone's here. Let's go back up to see our guest.
"Yeah. We're deep down here in the cave already, but this isn't everything. We'll be back."

Diana had waited long enough and was ready to jump on through, but stepped back when she saw some lights approaching the ladder. Bruce climbed up and turned his head to see a happy-looking girl he hasn't spoken to in person for a while now. "Diana..."
"Bruce!" she grabbed him into a hug as they levitated back and landed. "Greetings. I wondered how well you've been doing."
"I'm alright, princess. School has been very easy for me to get through. I hope your mother and the gods haven't been too hard on you with your training."
"Not at all," she shook her head. "I'm making excellent progress." Someone near them cleared his throat in order to make himself known. "Hello, Alfred." she grabbed his hand in enthusiasm. "It's wonderful to see you again, your highness."
"You as well." She looked back and forth at them while Alfred turned and went back to the manor. "Well, I have yard work to do," he said, hands behind his back. "And I trust the master to not let his food get too cold."

Diana sat near Bruce the entire time he ate and was suddenly wondering if he'd seen the large gathering of bats outside.
"I hope you saw them this morning." She said to him, turning his head to as he finished the last bit of his food before answering.
"The bats. Yes, I have. They came out of that hole out there and I went to go see how big it is," Bruce said, setting the empty glass down. "I think it's more than deep enough down there to get lost."
"I see." Diana said, shifting her body to face him and to make a suggestion. "Perhaps I can accompany you down there the next time you decide to become a detective."
"I'd like that, princess." Bruce agreed without any delay in his reply since he was beginning to enjoy having Diana with him more than before. The feelings that Diana is having are just as warm as his.
0 x

no avatar
BatsGeek
Sidekick Trainee

Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:49 am

I just tweaked some things here and there in the first story. Nothing major.
0 x