Cohabitation

Moderators: Chaosmob, Isis, DaisyJane
Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Cohabitation

Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:39 am

Bruce Wayne lay on his bed and looked down at his broken leg in its comfortable space age carbine fiber cast with annoyance. Most people would be happy that they survived a building explosion with only a broken leg. For Batman though all he saw was something that would keep him grounded for a few weeks. He briefly considered sawing the limb off and replacing it with a high tech synthetic leg as that would get him back out in the field again much quicker. Only briefly because not only was that idea insane, but he was sure to catch hell from Alfred about it when he got back. He had promised the old man not to do anything stupid while his faithful butler visited family back in England. Sighing in defeat, the Dark Knight simply grabbed his crutches and got out of bed, with his kitchen as his destination.
Leaving his room and entering the hallway he sees a vaguely familiar orange and red form that catches his eye and then immediately makes him turn away. "Koriand'r, are you floating through my house naked?" he asks, his head comically turned the other direction.
"Oh, B...Bruce. Well...um...Dick and I didn't expect you to be...leaving the...your room during...you know, the day time..." the alien princess stammers out.
"Koriand'r. Don't float through my house naked," he tells her in his well used BatDad voice.
"Yes, of course, I'm sorry," the Tamaranian apologizes before zipping off at super speed back to Dick and her's room.
Shaking his head and the antics of his adoptive ward and his girlfriend, the injured superhero continues his journey to sustenance. Right before he passes the manor's front door, the bell sounds, so he diverges his course to answer it. After a quick look through the peephole later, he opens it up to find and civilian dressed Wonder Woman on the other side.
"Oh, Bruce," she greets him in mild surprise.
"Diana," he answers.
"Its just that I usually expect Alfred to answer your door," she tells him, seeming unusually awkward.
Noticing the two large suitcases near her and the large pair of sunglasses she's wearing to obscure her face, Bruce decides to try and ease her into the conversation. "He's visiting England at the moment, but if you need to speak with him I could give you his number," he tells her.
"No, no, I need to speak with you actually," the Amazon says.
"Go on, Princess," Bruce nudges her, earning a small smile in response.
"Well, the thing is that Steve and I just broke up," she finally gets out. "And since I had been staying with him, I find myself temporarily homeless, and I was hoping you'd let me stay at your place for awhile."
Bruce knew Diana, she was like him in a lot of ways that most people probably didn't realize. Just like him, she didn't like having to ask for help. She also didn't need him to give her a room, not really. Not only could she had stopped on the doorstep of just about anyone anywhere and be taken in, but she was also not insignificantly wealthy herself and could easily afford a new home. So the reason why she's here must be because she wanted to be with a friend right now. Why on Earth he'd be the friend she'd choose right now, Bruce had no idea.
"The Manor has plenty of guest rooms. My house is your house," he tells her, shuffling out of the way and making a grand sweeping jester with one crutch.
"Thank you," Diana says, stepping inside while carrying the two massive suitcases with superhuman ease. "What happened to your leg?"
"Building exploded on me," he tells her.
Wonder Woman nods at that, as if its a typical mundane answer. "Anyone else here, besides us?" she asks.
"Dick is visiting to patrol while I'm out of action," Bruce answers, as he turns to resume his journey for food. "Starfire is with him. With any luck they'll be wearing clothes," he tells her just as he leaves the room.
Diana smiles at her friends retreating form. "Never a dull moment around you, is there?" she asks in a quiet voice she is almost certain he can't hear. Then she floats up stairs and starts looking for a guest room that strikes her fancy.
Last edited by Grendle1853 on Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

Lordfrieza
Justice League
Justice League Membership: The Question

Re: Cohabitation

Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:35 pm

Nicely done. I like it so far.
0 x
"The tips at the end of shoelaces are called 'aglets'. Their true purpose is sinister." The Question

League member 'Question'

Grendle1853
Justice League

Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:55 am

Don't know if/when I'll do more. I just had that scene stuck in my head and had to exercise it.
0 x

Grendle1853
Justice League

Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:32 pm

Despite believing that she wanted to be left alone, for some reason Diana chose the room right next to Bruce's master bedroom. Her super hearing tells her that the master of the house is in the den, so feeling the privacy she needs, Diana finally lets go of her emotional armor. The Amazon warrior throws herself on the bed, grabs the pillow, and begins to sob into it, her whole body shaking with the force of it. A part of her knew that this was coming. As much as she loved him, and Diana did deeply love Steve, she could feel the distance and unease. When ever she could feel him about to broach the subject she would try to distract him, with a mission or love making. Eventually though, he managed to get it out.
"A 'normal life'," she whispers ruefully into the pillow.
She knew everything he was gonna say before he said it. He wasn't getting any younger. He wanted to settle down, get married, and start a family. Was that really something that Wonder Woman could do? Is that what Diana wanted?
Right in the middle of her isolated anguish she heard a knock at her door. "Diana?" a soft Tamaranean voice asks.
Diana sighs. "Starfire," she says quietly.
Then she stands, wipes her face, and fixes herself before calling out, "Come in."
The door opens and the red head steps inside. Kory takes one look at the older woman's face, then darts forward and grabs the Amazon in a giant hug. "Oh Diana! My heart aches at your sorrow!" the alien tells her.
Diana smiles through her tears. "Thank you Kory," she says, hugging the younger woman back.
"If there is anything I can do to help you, you let me know," Starfire tells her.
"Actually this is helping a lot," Diana tells her, enjoying the hug.
Eventually Kory pulls back and looks at her. "Diana you are beautiful, intelligent, and amazing. Any man or woman would be blessed to have you as a romantic partner," the other princess tells her.
"Thank you, Kory," she says.
"Okay," Koriand'r says, about to leave. Then she stops, turns around and asks, "I am curious, have you come here hoping to 'rebound' with Batman?"
"What?" Diana asks.
"Well I have observed that humans often do something called 'rebounding' after they get out of a long term relationship," Starfire explains. "While 'rebounding', they will have a short term mostly sexual relationship with a new partner as a way to get over their long term ex and to become more used to being single again."
"Kory, thats not why..." Diana pauses. Is that why I'm here , she thinks to herself. "Thats not why I'm here," she says more confidently.
"Thats probably a good idea," Kory admits. "Though you and Bruce seem very compatible, I believe it would be a good idea for the two of you to try and have sex at some point. I really feel that it would be an amazing experience for the both of you."
Then the alien princess departs, leaving a bewildered Wonder Woman behind.
0 x