Cohabitation

Moderators: Chaosmob, Isis, DaisyJane
Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Cohabitation

Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:39 am

Bruce Wayne lay on his bed and looked down at his broken leg in its comfortable space age carbine fiber cast with annoyance. Most people would be happy that they survived a building explosion with only a broken leg. For Batman though all he saw was something that would keep him grounded for a few weeks. He briefly considered sawing the limb off and replacing it with a high tech synthetic leg as that would get him back out in the field again much quicker. Only briefly because not only was that idea insane, but he was sure to catch hell from Alfred about it when he got back. He had promised the old man not to do anything stupid while his faithful butler visited family back in England. Sighing in defeat, the Dark Knight simply grabbed his crutches and got out of bed, with his kitchen as his destination.
Leaving his room and entering the hallway he sees a vaguely familiar orange and red form that catches his eye and then immediately makes him turn away. "Koriand'r, are you floating through my house naked?" he asks, his head comically turned the other direction.
"Oh, B...Bruce. Well...um...Dick and I didn't expect you to be...leaving the...your room during...you know, the day time..." the alien princess stammers out.
"Koriand'r. Don't float through my house naked," he tells her in his well used BatDad voice.
"Yes, of course, I'm sorry," the Tamaranian apologizes before zipping off at super speed back to Dick and her's room.
Shaking his head and the antics of his adoptive ward and his girlfriend, the injured superhero continues his journey to sustenance. Right before he passes the manor's front door, the bell sounds, so he diverges his course to answer it. After a quick look through the peephole later, he opens it up to find and civilian dressed Wonder Woman on the other side.
"Oh, Bruce," she greets him in mild surprise.
"Diana," he answers.
"Its just that I usually expect Alfred to answer your door," she tells him, seeming unusually awkward.
Noticing the two large suitcases near her and the large pair of sunglasses she's wearing to obscure her face, Bruce decides to try and ease her into the conversation. "He's visiting England at the moment, but if you need to speak with him I could give you his number," he tells her.
"No, no, I need to speak with you actually," the Amazon says.
"Go on, Princess," Bruce nudges her, earning a small smile in response.
"Well, the thing is that Steve and I just broke up," she finally gets out. "And since I had been staying with him, I find myself temporarily homeless, and I was hoping you'd let me stay at your place for awhile."
Bruce knew Diana, she was like him in a lot of ways that most people probably didn't realize. Just like him, she didn't like having to ask for help. She also didn't need him to give her a room, not really. Not only could she had stopped on the doorstep of just about anyone anywhere and be taken in, but she was also not insignificantly wealthy herself and could easily afford a new home. So the reason why she's here must be because she wanted to be with a friend right now. Why on Earth he'd be the friend she'd choose right now, Bruce had no idea.
"The Manor has plenty of guest rooms. My house is your house," he tells her, shuffling out of the way and making a grand sweeping jester with one crutch.
"Thank you," Diana says, stepping inside while carrying the two massive suitcases with superhuman ease. "What happened to your leg?"
"Building exploded on me," he tells her.
Wonder Woman nods at that, as if its a typical mundane answer. "Anyone else here, besides us?" she asks.
"Dick is visiting to patrol while I'm out of action," Bruce answers, as he turns to resume his journey for food. "Starfire is with him. With any luck they'll be wearing clothes," he tells her just as he leaves the room.
Diana smiles at her friends retreating form. "Never a dull moment around you, is there?" she asks in a quiet voice she is almost certain he can't hear. Then she floats up stairs and starts looking for a guest room that strikes her fancy.
Last edited by Grendle1853 on Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

Lordfrieza
Justice League
Justice League Membership: The Question

Re: Cohabitation

Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:35 pm

Nicely done. I like it so far.
0 x
"The tips at the end of shoelaces are called 'aglets'. Their true purpose is sinister." The Question

League member 'Question'

Grendle1853
Justice League

Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:55 am

Don't know if/when I'll do more. I just had that scene stuck in my head and had to exercise it.
0 x

Grendle1853
Justice League

Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:32 pm

Despite believing that she wanted to be left alone, for some reason Diana chose the room right next to Bruce's master bedroom. Her super hearing tells her that the master of the house is in the den, so feeling the privacy she needs, Diana finally lets go of her emotional armor. The Amazon warrior throws herself on the bed, grabs the pillow, and begins to sob into it, her whole body shaking with the force of it. A part of her knew that this was coming. As much as she loved him, and Diana did deeply love Steve, she could feel the distance and unease. When ever she could feel him about to broach the subject she would try to distract him, with a mission or love making. Eventually though, he managed to get it out.
"A 'normal life'," she whispers ruefully into the pillow.
She knew everything he was gonna say before he said it. He wasn't getting any younger. He wanted to settle down, get married, and start a family. Was that really something that Wonder Woman could do? Is that what Diana wanted?
Right in the middle of her isolated anguish she heard a knock at her door. "Diana?" a soft Tamaranean voice asks.
Diana sighs. "Starfire," she says quietly.
Then she stands, wipes her face, and fixes herself before calling out, "Come in."
The door opens and the red head steps inside. Kory takes one look at the older woman's face, then darts forward and grabs the Amazon in a giant hug. "Oh Diana! My heart aches at your sorrow!" the alien tells her.
Diana smiles through her tears. "Thank you Kory," she says, hugging the younger woman back.
"If there is anything I can do to help you, you let me know," Starfire tells her.
"Actually this is helping a lot," Diana tells her, enjoying the hug.
Eventually Kory pulls back and looks at her. "Diana you are beautiful, intelligent, and amazing. Any man or woman would be blessed to have you as a romantic partner," the other princess tells her.
"Thank you, Kory," she says.
"Okay," Koriand'r says, about to leave. Then she stops, turns around and asks, "I am curious, have you come here hoping to 'rebound' with Batman?"
"What?" Diana asks.
"Well I have observed that humans often do something called 'rebounding' after they get out of a long term relationship," Starfire explains. "While 'rebounding', they will have a short term mostly sexual relationship with a new partner as a way to get over their long term ex and to become more used to being single again."
"Kory, thats not why..." Diana pauses. Is that why I'm here , she thinks to herself. "Thats not why I'm here," she says more confidently.
"Thats probably a good idea," Kory admits. "Though you and Bruce seem very compatible, I believe it would be a good idea for the two of you to try and have sex at some point. I really feel that it would be an amazing experience for the both of you."
Then the alien princess departs, leaving a bewildered Wonder Woman behind.
1 x

Grendle1853
Justice League

Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:35 am

The great and terrible Batman lounged back on one of his chairs around his pool, enjoying the early afternoon sun. An alien experience for the crimefighter. He was just beginning to enjoy the experience when a large shadow fell over him. Bruce opened up his eyes and saw a familiar massive man standing over him. "Hello, Batman," said massive man says in a thick but not unpleasant Latino accent.
"Hello, Bane," Batman answers back, seemingly untroubled by his enemy's sudden appearance at his home.
"I've heard about your recent injury," the larger man says, waving at the broken leg. "Whenever word gets out that one of the gods from on high has bled, those of us who wish them harm keep an eye out for...opportunities. The fact that I know who you pretend to be when unmasked, gave me an advantage in this case. Usually, when on the mend, you keep out of sight. You're smart like that," the supervillain says, walking around to stand in front of his fallen enemy. "This time though, you've finally made a mistake of leaving yourself vulnerable. A mistake I plan to exploit," Bane finishes, cracking his knuckles.
Bruce looked up at this huge super strong human death machine, and began to laugh. A deep, powerful, laugh that shook his entire body, the likes of which few have ever heard from the Dark Knight. The gleam of murder disappeared from Bane's eyes and was replaced with utter confusion. "What?" Bane asks. "What?! What is it?! Why do you laugh?!!!"
"Bane!" Bruce finally chokes out. "Bane, you have terrible timing."
The stumped criminal looks at his enemy sideways for a moment before he feels a tap on his shoulder. Bane turns to see Wonder Woman herself, in full armor, standing behind him with an unhappy look on her face. "Uhhh..." Bane mouths, flabbergasted. Then Diana slugs him one with a right cross. Then the upset Amazon grabs a hold of Bane, picks him up off his feet, turns him sideways, then slams him back first down on her knee. There is an audible crack heard through the air when spine meets knee, and then Wonder Woman drops the villain to the ground like a lumpy sack of potatoes. A sack that is moaning in pain.
"Yeah, sucks don't it?" Batman asks his fallen enemy.
"I have to head over to the UN, I'll drop off venom boy here at Arkham on the way," Diana says.
"Thank you, Princess," Bruce tells her, with a smile. She returns the smile, before taking hold of the fallen criminal and flying into the air with him.
The master of the house then turns to see Dick and Kory walking out to the pool. Dick is wearing a pair of bright blue swim trunks and Starfire is dressed in a pink bikini, both of them holding drinks. "Was Diana flying off with Bane?" Bruce's ward asks.
"Yes," Bruce answers, the smile still on his face. "He had decided to advantage of my current condition."
"Wow, he's got some bad timing," Dick says, laughing.
"I made you a smouthy," Kory says, holding a second drink up to him.
"Thank you, Koriand'r," Bruce says, accepting the fruity drink offered to him.
1 x

GreeKnight
Young Justice

Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:36 pm

Grendle1853 wrote:
The great and terrible Batman lounged back on one of his chairs around his pool, enjoying the early afternoon sun. An alien experience for the crimefighter. He was just beginning to enjoy the experience when a large shadow fell over him. Bruce opened up his eyes and saw a familiar massive man standing over him. "Hello, Batman," said massive man says in a thick but not unpleasant Latino accent.
"Hello, Bane," Batman answers back, seemingly untroubled by his enemy's sudden appearance at his home.
"I've heard about your recent injury," the larger man says, waving at the broken leg. "Whenever word gets out that one of the gods from on high has bled, those of us who wish them harm keep an eye out for...opportunities. The fact that I know who you pretend to be when unmasked, gave me an advantage in this case. Usually, when on the mend, you keep out of sight. You're smart like that," the supervillain says, walking around to stand in front of his fallen enemy. "This time though, you've finally made a mistake of leaving yourself vulnerable. A mistake I plan to exploit," Bane finishes, cracking his knuckles.
Bruce looked up at this huge super strong human death machine, and began to laugh. A deep, powerful, laugh that shook his entire body, the likes of which few have ever heard from the Dark Knight. The gleam of murder disappeared from Bane's eyes and was replaced with utter confusion. "What?" Bane asks. "What?! What is it?! Why do you laugh?!!!"
The stumped criminal looks at his enemy sideways for a moment before he feels a tap on his shoulder. Bane turns to see Wonder Woman herself, in full armor, standing behind him with an unhappy look on her face. "Uhhh..." Bane mouths, flabbergasted. Then Diana slugs him one with a right cross. Then the upset Amazon grabs a hold of Bane, picks him up off his feet, turns him sideways, then slams him back first down on her knee. There is an audible crack heard through the air when spine meets knee, and then Wonder Woman drops the villain to the ground like a lumpy sack of potatoes. A sack that is moaning in pain.
"I have to head over to the UN, I'll drop off venom boy here at Arkham on the way," Diana says.
"Thank you, Princess," Bruce tells her, with a smile. She returns the smile, before taking hold of the fallen criminal and flying into the air with him.
The master of the house then turns to see Dick and Kory walking out to the pool. Dick is wearing a pair of bright blue swim trunks and Starfire is dressed in a pink bikini, both of them holding drinks. "Was Diana flying off with Bane?" Bruce's ward asks.
"Yes," Bruce answers, the smile still on his face. "He had decided to advantage of my current condition."
Loving this so far, any plans to continue it?
0 x

Grendle1853
Justice League

Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:34 am

GreeKnight wrote:
Grendle1853 wrote:
I don't know. I'm kind in the middle of a bunch of things at the moment. If more comes to me I'll write, but I really don't have a "plan" for this.
0 x

Chaosmob
Site Admin
Justice League Membership: Plastic Man

Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:51 pm

I would write more if I could get over this writers block thing. I've got a few stories in my head but none that feel good enough to write down.
0 x
Can I have one more day? Every one I have left. My life is yours.
League membership: Plastic Man

GreeKnight
Young Justice

Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:39 pm

Grendle1853 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:34 am
GreeKnight wrote:
Grendle1853 wrote:
I don't know. I'm kind in the middle of a bunch of things at the moment. If more comes to me I'll write, but I really don't have a "plan" for this.
Gotcha. Just wanted to say I enjoyed your stories over at FF.net and I'd love to see more from you!
0 x

GreeKnight
Young Justice

Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:40 pm

Chaosmob wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:51 pm
I would write more if I could get over this writers block thing. I've got a few stories in my head but none that feel good enough to write down.
I have some ideas as well, maybe we could bounce some around? Do you have discord?
0 x

Grendle1853
Justice League

Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:44 am

A super villain attack made Wonder Woman a few hours late to the UN, but thankfully Diana's good friend Etta had everything she needed ready and waiting for her to look over when she got there.
"Who was it this time?" Etta asks, as her heroine buddy floated into their office.
"Angleman," Diana answered, picking up a folder and quickly going through it before signing on the dotted line.
"Three hours for Angleman?" Etta asks.
"He makes up for his lack of being dangerous by being extra annoying to deal with," the Princess answers, before vetoing a different document.
"Did you get settled somewhere?" Ms. Candy asks, trying to sound as nonchalant as possible.
"Yes Etta, I'm fine," Diana tells her.
"Okay, where are you staying?" Etta asks.
"With a friend," she answers, turning away from her as she does.
Ms. Candy raises an eyebrow, intrigued. "Which friend?" she asks.
"A 'super' friend," Diana answers, still not looking directly at her friend.
"Which one?" Candy asks.
"Well, Etta, he has a secret identity, so it probably wouldn't be a good idea to tell you who he is," the Amazon tells her.
Both of Etta's eyes raise. "HE?!" she asks.
Diana sighs and rolls her eyes. "Yes, he. I have many male friends, most of them are superheroes," she tells her nosy friend.
"Is it Superman?" she asks.
"Etta, if I was staying with Kal, I would have just told you that," Diana tells her.
"Oh yeah, you said he had a secret identity," Etta says, thinking.
Diana bites back a retort, as people not thinking that Superman had a secret identity is one of the best protections for his secret identity. "Why is this so fascinating to you anyway?" she asks.
"Well one, you know I love gossip," her friend tells her, to which Diana can only nod to. "Then two, you have just gotten out of a long term relationship with a someone, and from personal experience I know one of the best ways to get over a man is to get under a new one."
"Look, I've been friends with this man...forever. I'm about as close to him as I am to anyone, and he has a REALLY nice place with plenty of room to put me up, and I...just want to be around someone I'm close to right now. You know?" Diana tells her friend.
"So there isn't anything steamy between the two of you?" Etta asks.
"Well okay, there has always been some fun sexual tension between the two of us, but I don't really think anything is gonna to happen just because I'm staying at his place right now," the Princess explains.
Etta Candy is silent in thought for a few seconds before her face brightens up and she says, "You're living with Batman?!"
Diana looks at her with complete shock. "I didn't...how did...YOU SUCK!" she shouts, before grabbing the rest of the folders and abruptly leaving the room, as her good friend almost falls over laughing.
1 x

Chaosmob
Site Admin
Justice League Membership: Plastic Man

Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:16 am

Hehehe good one Grendle!!! :)
1 x
Can I have one more day? Every one I have left. My life is yours.
League membership: Plastic Man

GreeKnight
Young Justice

Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:43 pm

Grendle1853 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:44 am
A super villain attack made Wonder Woman a few hours late to the UN, but thankfully Diana's good friend Etta had everything she needed ready and waiting for her to look over when she got there.
"Who was it this time?" Etta asks, as her heroine buddy floated into their office.
"Angleman," Diana answered, picking up a folder and quickly going through it before signing on the dotted line.
"Three hours for Angleman?" Etta asks.
"He makes up for his lack of being dangerous by being extra annoying to deal with," the Princess answers, before vetoing a different document.
"Did you get settled somewhere?" Ms. Candy asks, trying to sound as nonchalant as possible.
"Yes Etta, I'm fine," Diana tells her.
"Okay, where are you staying?" Etta asks.
"With a friend," she answers, turning away from her as she does.
Ms. Candy raises an eyebrow, intrigued. "Which friend?" she asks.
"A 'super' friend," Diana answers, still not looking directly at her friend.
"Which one?" Candy asks.
"Well, Etta, he has a secret identity, so it probably wouldn't be a good idea to tell you who he is," the Amazon tells her.
Both of Etta's eyes raise. "HE?!" she asks.
Diana sighs and rolls her eyes. "Yes, he. I have many male friends, most of them are superheroes," she tells her nosy friend.
"Is it Superman?" she asks.
"Etta, if I was staying with Kal, I would have just told you that," Diana tells her.
"Oh yeah, you said he had a secret identity," Etta says, thinking.
Diana bites back a retort, as people not thinking that Superman had a secret identity is one of the best protections for his secret identity. "Why is this so fascinating to you anyway?" she asks.
"Well one, you know I love gossip," her friend tells her, to which Diana can only nod to. "Then two, you have just gotten out of a long term relationship with a someone, and from personal experience I know one of the best ways to get over a man is to get under a new one."
"Look, I've been friends with this man...forever. I'm about as close to him as I am to anyone, and he has a REALLY nice place with plenty of room to put me up, and I...just want to be around someone I'm close to right now. You know?" Diana tells her friend.
"So there isn't anything steamy between the two of you?" Etta asks.
"Well okay, there has always been some fun sexual tension between the two of us, but I don't really think anything is gonna to happen just because I'm staying at his place right now," the Princess explains.
Etta Candy is silent in thought for a few seconds before her face brightens up and she says, "You're living with Batman?!"
Diana looks at her with complete shock. "I didn't...how did...YOU SUCK!" she shouts, before grabbing the rest of the folders and abruptly leaving the room, as her good friend almost falls over laughing.
This is too good, I always loved the friendly dynamic between Diana and Etta. I love how it's seemingly common knowledge that there was/is sexual tension between Batman and Wonder Woman. Thank you for the update!
1 x

Lordfrieza
Justice League

Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:54 pm

Grendle, my friend, this seriously needs to continue. It's just so damn much fun to read.
0 x
"The tips at the end of shoelaces are called 'aglets'. Their true purpose is sinister." The Question

League member 'Question'

Grendle1853
Justice League

Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:58 pm

After a bit of relaxing by the pool, Bruce did some light exercise (for him) and then after a quick shower he decides to sit in front his massive entertainment center to watch some movies. He has just pressed play when his new house guest (now changed out of her armor into a more casual T-shirt and sweatpants) walks into the room. "What are you watching?" Diana asks.
"Gray Ghost," Batman answer, taking a bite of popcorn.
The Princess takes a seat next to him on the couch and snatches a handful of popcorn. After taking a bite she looks at him and says, "You know this is supposed to have butter on it?"
"We're not all blessed by the gods, Princess," Batman answers, taking a swig of bottled water as he does.
Diana shakes her head and settles in and begins to enjoy the movie with her friend. Midway through the battle with the Scarlet Giant, Diana looks over at him and asks, "Bruce, can I ask you something?"
"Sure," he answers, most of his attention still on the screen.
"Have you ever wanted...a 'normal life'?" she asks.
Her close friend turns, takes one look at her, and then bursts out laughing. "What?!" Diana asks, indignantly.
"I'm sorry," he says, "but you do realize how silly of a question that is to ask me? I've spent the majority of my existence working towards a decidedly unnormal life."
"I know that, but that doesn't mean that you don't, like, secretly desire a more normal life," she says. "You ever want to settle down, get married, and have children?"
"I don't think I could ever willingly 'settle down', I've tried and failed to get married, and I already have kids," Batman answers. "In fact I'm pretty sure, save Alfred, all my family and friends I have today are people I wouldn't have ever met if I actually did live a 'normal' life." He then looks back at Diana, "I wouldn't give that up for anything."
Tears start to freely roll down her face, then Wonder Woman hugs Bruce and begins to sob into his shoulder.
"...though, there really isn't anything wrong with wanting..."
"Shut up," Diana interrupts him. "You already said the right thing," she tells him, continuing to cry her eyes out.
Bruce just holds her and pats her back for a bit until she dries out and pulls away, wiping her face as she does. "So I'm guessing..."
"Yes, that's why Steve and I aren't together anymore," Diana confirms.
"Idiot," Batman says.
"Don't, please," Wonder Woman tells him.
The two are silent for a bit before Bruce says, "You know, I don't really think such a thing as a 'normal life' really exists."
"What do you mean?" Diana asks.
"In my work I've had to look into the lives of countless people, and just about all of them contain something that stands out. Something bizarre, tragic, inspirational...just look at Clark. Even if he didn't have his powers, few people would consider and investigative journalist was 'normal'," he attempts to explain.
"Maybe that doesn't mean that there is no normal, maybe that just means that normal is different depending on who you are," Diana says.
"Maybe, Princess," Bruce agrees.
Diana moves closer to him and wraps his arm around her shoulder, as the two settle in to watch the rest of the movie.
2 x

Lordfrieza
Justice League

Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:11 am

And, this is amazing. Here's to hoping that more will eventually be added.
2 x

League member 'Question'

Grendle1853
Justice League

Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:10 am

Damn you LordF :grin:

It had been a few days, and slowly Diana has started to recover. She is even thinking of looking to get a place of her own and get out of Bruce's hair for a bit. She floats to the ground and steps through the front door to Wayne Manor and sees the master of the house sitting on the main staircase, looking down at the phone in his hands with a look the Amazon Princess can not place. "Bruce?" Diana asks.
Her voice seems to surprise him out of whatever state he's in as he looks up at her, back to his senses, and asks, "Yes?"
"Are you alright?" Diana asks, concern written all over her face.
"Yeah," Bruce answers, looking down again at his phone. "I've just got some news...a man I know has died."
Curious about the vagueness of that answer, she asks, "Were you close?"
"In a way..." Bruce just trails off there.
"Are you sure...?" Diana begins to ask.
"His funeral is tomorrow. If you're free, I'd like you to accompany me to it," he tells her.
The Princess mentally cancels any and every meeting or diplomatic responsibility she's probably supposed to do the next day, as her worry for her friend and utter curiosity need to be serviced. "Of course, Bruce," she tells him.
"Thank you, Princess," Bruce says to her, before getting back to his feet and crutch and making his way back upstairs without any further word.

The next day, properly dressed, Diana and Alfred accompany Bruce Wayne to the funeral of a man that neither expected him to attend, let alone pay for and arrange. The only other people there are the priest and other essential workers needed to properly bury a man in a legal cemetery. The coffin is wooden and plain...and far more than the man inside it deserves, as far as Diana is concerned.
"Here today we lay to rest Joseph Childs, son of William and Josephine Childs, known best in life as Joe Chill," the Priest recites. "We pray that the Lord forgives Joseph for his sins on Earth, and allows him entrée into eternal paradise."
I doubt it, Diana thinks to herself, trying to keep the disgust off her face. She looks over and sees Alfred calmly waiting behind Bruce, as his master just stares down at the lowering casket.
His job done, the priest excuses himself. "I'd like a moment alone with him," Bruce says aloud. The workmen nod and respectfully step away as Alfred leads Diana back to the car.
"Why is he doing this, Alfred?" Diana whispers as they walk away.
"I'm not certain," the British gentleman answers. "Maybe he just needs the closure."
When they reach the car, Alfred opens the door for her, but Diana shakes her head. "I think I'll just stand out here and wait for Bruce to come back," she tells him. The butler nods his head, shuts the door, and takes his seat behind the wheel.
People often forget that among her more famous powers, Wonder Woman is also gifted with superhuman hearing. While it's more than a little intrusive to her friend's privacy, Diana needs to listen in on what he has to say.
"Hey there, Joe. Remember me?" Bruce asks. "With two pulls of a trigger, you turned me into the man I am today. Oh, how I've hated you for it. It feels like I've hated you for my entire life, and...I really wish I could hate you forever...but I don't think I can. I just...I just don't have it in me. So I only have one choice: I forgive you, Joe Chill. For every way you've wronged me, and I hope you find peace." With that, he turns and makes his way back to the car.
When he gets there, Diana asks, "How did he die?"
"Heart disease," Bruce answers, opening the car door for her. "They found him in bed in his cell. He never asked for a doctor or complained of pain."
On the way home Diana turns to him and asks, "How do you feel?"
"A bit sad and a bit...relieved, maybe?" he answers.
"Does this change anything...with Batman?" she asks, oddly worried about it.
"No," the Dark Knight answers. "Chill's crime merely put me on my path, Batman is who I am."
1 x