Justice Effect

Moderators: Chaosmob, Isis, DaisyJane
Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Justice Effect

Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:00 pm

At a space dock in Metropolis a Batarian falls to the ground, clutching his head. His green skin pales as he looks up at the human man who attacked him and sees a gun in his hand, pointing down at the poor civilian's head. “Please...whatever you think I've done...I'm sorry,” the injured person pleeds.
“Shut your stinking mouth,” the human tells him with cold hatred.
“Stop!” a voice calls out. The gunman looks up to see a Krogan (with a vibrant red head plate wearing bright blue power armor with red details) using a biotic field to slowly lower himself to the ground, evidently having jumped from the walkway above. A detail on the Krogan's armor gets the gunman's attention.
“What is a Krogan doing wearing N7 armor?” he asks, his gun still pointing at the fallen Batarian's head.
The Krogan laughs softly. “I get some variant of that question a lot. Short answer is that I was raised by humans, on Earth. My name is Clark by the way, Commander Clark Kent of the Alliance, and I just want to talk to you.”
“Sorry, Commander, but I'm a little busy right now,” the gunman says, turning his attention back to his intended murder victim.
“Please, Mr. Lawton, hear me out,” Kent says.
“You know who I am?” the human asks.
“Yes, my partner and I have been tracking you,” the Commander answers.
“Then you know what I've done,” Lawton says.
“Yes, you gave up contract killing to focus on taking out slavers and pirates. But Floyd, right now you have your gun pointed at a dock worker,” Kent explains.
“It's a Batarian...their all the same,” Lawton says. “A blight on the Galaxy. This one will die like the rest.”
“There is a sniper on you right now, Floyd. Please lower your gun,” Clark gently asks.
Mr. Lawton glances back up to the walkway that the Krogan jumped from. “Well lit area, but I can't see him. Tactical cloak?” he asks.
“I assure you my partner is up there, and he has you right in his sights. We don't want to have to kill you Floyd, so please lower your weapon,” Clark says.
“The life I've lead, I probably deserve a bullet...might as well take out one more of these monsters before I go,” Lawton says, turning his full attention back to his victim.
“No!” Commander Kent shouts, glowing brightly with biotic power and thrusting his arm forward. A translucent blue-purple barrier appears around the Batarian just in time to take the blast from the gunman's handcannon.
A loud bang rings across the empty docks and Floyd instantly falls to the ground. The assassin groans in unconscious pain with an ugly red gash across his forehead. From above a dark figure decloaks and lowers himself from the walkway via a grapple line. The sniper is wearing the more tradition black N7 armor, with addition of a recon hood and a long jacket, looking closely one can see a small gold bat shaped detail on the collar of the armor. In his hand he holds a Black Widow Anti-material Sniper Rifle. “How did you manage a nonfatal head shot with that beast?” the Krogan asks.
“Pure talent, Kent,” the Infiltrator answers. “The police should be on their way to collect Mr. Lawton.”
Commander Kent walks over and helps the Batarian to his feet, “Are you okay?” he asks.
“Yes, thank you,” the injured dock worker answers.
“The police will need your statement, they can help you with whatever injuries you might have,” the one in black tells him.
“Of course,” the Batarian answers.
The voice of a seasoned Englishman comes over the two N7's coms. “Captain Wayne, an emergency has come up the requires yours and Commander Kent's immediate attention. Lieutenant Gordon is on her way in the shuttle as we speak.”
“Where are we headed, Mr. Pennyworth?” Captain Wayne asks.
“Mars, sir.”
0 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

Grendle1853
Justice League

Re: Justice Effect

Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:19 am

A few minutes later both the Captain and the Commander sit in their shuttle, which in turn sits in the belly of Captain Wayne's advanced Normandy Class Stealth Frigate the SSR Gotham, the travel time between Earth and Mars making it more convenient to just stay in the shuttle and await another quick departure. “Alright Mr. Pennyworth, brief us,” Captain Wayne orders.
“An unknown hostile force has overwhelmed the security of a Prothean dig site, you are being sent in to assess and contain the citation,” the Yeoman explains.
“There is a full garrison on Mars, you'd think if the site had trouble they'd just flood the place full of grunts to handle it,” Clark says.
“If this was the Prothean Archives, I believe you would be right Commander, but what has been attacked is in actuality a new find discovered by accident while mining near the south pole, apparently whatever was found the Council considers far too precious to risk via standard procedure,” Pennyworth explains.
“Between the First Contact and the Reaper War Mars has been desperately searched over for nearly three hundred years for Prothean technology. What could have taken so long to find?” the Krogan asks his friend.
“...something the Protheans wanted to remain hidden,” Wayne answers. “Barbra, as soon as the Gotham reaches orbit I want you to take us down.”
“Aye, Captain!” she answers, excited to get back in action.

A few minutes later the shuttle begins it's decent to the dig site, the whole ship begins being knocked around by explosions. “Shit!” Flight Lieutenant Gordon shouts out.
“Report,” the Captain calmly orders, hanging onto his safety harness.
“AA Guns, from the site,” Barbra explains. “I'm gonna have to veer off and land some distance away. It's my fault, I should have had the stealth systems on.”
“I'd say it's the fault of whoever decided that this place needed to be so secret that they didn't tell us that the archaeological dig had anti-aircraft guns,” the Captain tells her.
“Yeah, well it looks like we weren't the only ones caught by surprise, scans show a downed shuttle on the other side of the site, looks like an Asari ship...no life signs,” Gordon responds.
“Science team, here to help with the find?” Clark asks.
“Or a commando team sent to do the same job as us, only with a less talented pilot,” Bruce answers.
Clark puts on his helmet as the shuttle lands and the doors open. “Want me to remain here?” Gordon asks.
“No, get back in the air and activate the stealth systems. Remain at a safe distance and be prepared to come in hot in case we find any survivors that need immediate evac., we'll take care of the AA guns,” the Captain answers. As they disembark Wayne calls the Gotham, “Grayson be advised, the attackers ship is probably still in the area, waiting to be called back for pick up. If you catch sight of it, blast it out of the sky.”
“Can do, sir. Also be advised that Alliance reinforcement ships are on their way, ETA forty minutes,” the Gotham's pilot answers.
“So that's our enemies time table, thank you 'Robin',” the Captain answers.
The two N7s make a quick hike down the rocky terrain until they are able to see the entrance to the dig site, and the small regiment of heavily armed aliens in bright purple armor standing guard in front of it. “That, is a LOT of Vorcha,” Commander Kent says.
“Looks like whoever's behind this prepared for the standard grunt flood,” the Captain agrees.
“Slow and quiet?” Clark asks, while readying his N7 Valkyrie Assault rifle.
“No time,” Bruce answers, unfolding his Widdow.
“Fast and loud it is,” Kent says, while powering up his biotic barrier. The N7 Krogan then begins to charge right at the mass of heavily armed mercenaries, while his partner fires a grapple line up into a rock and is immediately pulled into the air at extreme speed.
The 7ft tall Krogan in bright blue armor moving at nearly full speed is somehow able to drop two Vorcha with his assault rifle before they notice him. Then they hit cover and begin pelting the Commander with SMG fire, but his barrier remains up. Four of the mercs near the door aim ML-77 missile launchers at the massive glowing Krogan, when one of their heads explodes in what at first looks like the wrath of an invisible angry god. Then Captain Wayne's Tactical Cloak drops and they see the Captain slowly falling through the air. They try to take him out but are shocked by an overload burst he throws out, and thanks to the weak Martian gravity Captain Wayne is able to reload and fire three more times, ending the heavy weapons team, before he finally hits the ground.
Just as Clark's barrier finally drops, he roars and throws out a biotic shockwave which rips through the Vorcha ranks, killing several and sending many more floating through the air. Captain Wayne switches to his sidearm (M-77 Paladin) and kills five of the floaters before they reach the ground. The heard of Vorcha is soon thinned by the N7s on either side of them, when four of the mercs are violently hurled into a wall via a biotic throw field coming from a completely different direction. Every person on the battlefield turns to see a tall Asari warrior with an oxygen mask and wearing red and gold armor and glowing with biotic power charging forward, firing with her M-15 Vindicator as she does. The Vorcha are quickly dealt with.
“Name and rank,” Captain Wayne orders from the newcomer, though he doesn't point his weapon at her.
“Diona Them'scira, Justizon,” she answers. She is nearly as tall as the Captain (who stood over six feet) and her armor is light and red, slit in the front to show off her ample cleavage and that she is protected more by her biotic powers. Over top of that she has engraved silver bracers on her wrist and a gold tiara like piece that encircles her head just under her swept back head ridges.
“Justizon?” Commander Kent asks.
“We are named in honor of the Order of Justicars that fell during the Reaper war. In practice we are closer in kind to your N7 program, or the Salarian STG,” Diona explains. “I was on route to secure a Prothean artifact from the dig site for safe transport when my ship was shot down and my pilot killed.”
“That means you know what these mercs for probably after,” Bruce asks.
“Yes, though I would prefer to wait until we have secured the area before I explain,” the Asari says.
She locks eyes with the glowing orbs of the Captain recon hood for a few silent second before he says, “Fine. This is an Alliance world so I'm leading this operation, meaning I expect you to follow my orders.”
“Understood...,” she trails off.
“I'm Commander Clark Kent, and this is Captain Bruce Wayne,” the Commander informs her.
“A pleasure to meet you, I wish it was under better circumstances,” Diona tells him.
“Hmm,” Bruce lets out. He turns and leads them to the outer door of the site. His omnitool flashes on for a few seconds as he hacks open the door, then the three proceed into the darkness beyond.
0 x

Grendle1853
Justice League

Re: Justice Effect

Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:09 am

A dozen Vorcha mercenaries chase an Alliance soldier in red armor as he leaps over a crate for cover, SMG fire bouncing off of the metal square a half second later. The soldier in red cautiously looks over the crate to see his advancing enemy. The corridor is narrow and lacks any good cover aside from a crossing hall a good distance back. Despite this the purple armored aliens with their creepy grins still advance, despite being bottle-necked, either over confident in their numbers or not caring about potential casualties.
Knowing his time is short, the young man decides to go on the offensive, his whole body glowing with power. The Vanguard in red streaks through the crate and into the front line with a devastating Biotic Charge that instantly kills the three mercenaries in front while knocking down or off balance the rank directly behind them. He then detonates his barrier with a powerful Nova blast that kills two more Vorcha, then as his amp cool down he finishes off another with his shotgun.
Now however the young man is nearly defenseless with still half a dozen angry Vorcha in front of him. Before he can fire again he's pistol whipped to the ground, and would have been filled with bullet holes, had a sniper round not burst his attacker's head like a balloon filled with gore. Given a new chance to live, the red armored vanguard throws up a quick barrier for protection as the rest of the Vorcha are cut down by assault rifle and sniper fire. Then with his enemies dead he looks up and sees Wayne, Kent, and Diona approach from down the hall.
Seeing the N7 on Captain Wayne and Commander Kent's armor, the young man instantly jumps to his feet and into a stiff salute. “Service Chief West, Vanguard specialty sir!” he announces.
“Captain Wayne, Commander Kent, Justizon Diona,” the Captain greets him. “Report.”
“The site is under attack by an unknown force. Force seems to be composed of Vorcha being lead by a human man...in clown makeup, sir,” the Service Chief explains, still in his stiff salute.
Wayne and Kent sigh in unison while Diona looks confused. “What is a clown?” she asks.
“Something horrible from Earth's history, that we'll have to explain later,” Kent tells her.
“Any other survivors?” Wayne asks.
“Yes sir, Gunnery Chief Stewart was leading the surviving staff into a more secure location when we were attacked, and I lead part of the Vorcha away. They should be holding down in the on site armory now,” West reports.
Wayne looks to his right and sees a security console in the wall. “I'll go see if I can get those AA guns down,” he says, walking over to it and connecting into it with his Omni-tool.
“At ease, soldier,” Clark tells the still saluting officer.
West finally relaxes. “Sorry Krogan, sir. I mean Commander! I'm sorry I've never met a Commander before...er...I mean a Krogan, though I have heard about you before and you're awesome. I mean I heard that you're awesome, and come to think of it so far you have been pretty awesome...and I'm gonna stop talking now,” he rambles.
“You were pretty impressive yourself, alone and outnumbered you took down half the squad,” Diona tells him.
“Well I was also gonna get killed by the remain half of them if you three hadn't of shown up, but thanks ma'am,” West replies.
As Captain Wayne works on the console the screen on it suddenly changes to show the face of a Turian woman. “Hey, you the cavalry?” she asks.
“One moment,” Wayne tells her. “West!”
“Yes sir,” the young man responds, instantly turning and standing at attention again.
“You recognize her?” the Captain asks.
West looks at the screen for a second before answering, “Yeah, thats Shay Erahol, an engineer on lone from the Turian military.”
“Thank you chief, then yes we are the cavalry Shay,” Wayne says.
“Cautious, I like it,” Shay says. “Look our systems got hit by a virus, but I think I finally killed the damn thing and am almost back in control of the whole system. Other than me and Wally there, the only ones left are in the armory with Stewart, but the Vorcha and the mad man leading them are hitting them hard.”
“We're on our way to them, but we need those AA guns taken down,” Wayne tells her.
“On it,” the Turian says.

A dark skinned human man, bald with a sharp goatee, wearing green light armor crouches behind a hastily made barricade, his M-6 Carnifex pistol pointed at the armored door. Beside him, a scientist holding an M-8 Avenger assault rifle that she barely knew how to use, asks, “You sure that door will hold, Chief?”
“I oversaw the installation of this armory myself. That door is rated against small arms fire, personal biotic blast, and explosive bombardment. It will last until help arrives,” Gunnery Chief John Stewart tells her.
As if on cue a sizzling sound fills the room as the armored door begins to corrode and violently melt before their eyes. “Is it rated against molecular acid?” she asks.
“Damn it to Hell,” John says. “As soon as you see an opening, light it up!”
On the other side of the door two dozen murderous Vorcha mercenaries await an opening to swarm through, seemingly uncaring about the scattered gunfire popping through the dying metal. Behind them stands a human man with dark green colored hair and pasty white skin, wearing a much more expensive and fashionable version of the purple hard-suite armor his minions are, with an evil grin on his face. The clown's omni-tool still glows from when it launched the acid blast against the door. “Remember buddy boys,” the mad man shouts, “we need the Salarian! You can paint the room with the blood of the rest, but I need the amphibian alive!”
The heavy BANG of Wayne's black widow echoes down the hall as the bullet instantly takes down the clown's shields. The villain drops to the floor, the second shot going over his head, killing one Vorcha and injuring another. The merc commander jumps back to his feet with amazing agility while turning and launching an acid blast back at the N7 Captain.
The fast moving glob of deadly chemicals gets within a foot of it's target, when Wayne casually moves his hand and throws out a cryo blast from his omni-tool. The acid freezes in mid air and harmlessly falls to the ground, as the Captain's hand easily moves back to his rifle. The clown's face falls in genuine surprise for a moment, but shakes it off and spawns tech armor in time for it to save him from Wayne's third shot.
At that point Diona and Clark get in range and open fire on the mercs, unfortunately that is the same time the door finally gives and the Vorcha and their leader swarm through, the clown dropping smoke grenades as they do.
The Captain reloads and keeps his cross hair on the door while inside the Gunnery Chief summons a singularity to stagger the Vorcha and ushers the scientists back and out of the fray, while the Krogan and Asari mix it up in close combat, all while the whole room is obscured in smoke. Somehow in all that chaos the clown grabs a hold of the Salarian scientist and makes it back through the door with three of his Vorcha, the first of which goes down to a sniper bullet before the merc Commander can drop another smoke grenade and the group books it down the joining corridor. “Damn,” Wayne curses under his breath as he switches to his sidearm, cloaks, and begins chasing them down.

The clown, his Vorcha, and the poor kidnapped scientist are heading down the hallway to a back exit, a deep ravine filled with uncovered artifacts to their side, when out of nowhere West charges in and knocks one of the aliens over the railing. “Put her there!” the mad human shouts, grabbing the young Vanguard's arm and electrifying his body with a neural shock.
“Put her here, asshole!” Shay Erahol shouts, flying up from the bottom of the ravine via a suite of winged jet propelled armor, the Reegar Carbine in her hands throwing out a deadly stream of electricity that, while missing the Clown, absolutely fries his remaining minion.
The villain hits one of Shay's wing's with an acid blast, causing her to drop out of the sky, forcing her to let go of her weapon and grab the railing for dear life. He then grabs the Salarian with arm, pulling the scientist against his chest as a living shield, while his other pulls out a massive red Executioner Pistol and points it at his hostage's head. “I see you,” the clown says into the apparently empty hallway.
“Good eyes,” Wayne admits as his cloak drops, his Paladin pointed at the remaining invader.
“Oh, I'm sure yours are too sweetums,” the maniac says. “Here's what's gonna happen. I'm gonna drag this big brain frogman out of here, and since you know I need him alive, you are gonna let me. That way you will have a chance to save him later!”
“What's your name?” Captain Wayne asks.
“You can call me, Joker!” the evil clown answers.
“Not talking to you,” the infiltrator corrects him.
“Oh, you mean me,” the Salarian scientist says. “My name is Dr. Erd Elsaul.”
“Dr. Elsaul, are you in good health?” the Captain asks.
“I believe that I am in excellent health for my age and...oh,” Erd says in sudden realization.
The Captain adjusts his aim and fires a disrupter shot that grazes the scientist's arm, sending it's electrical payload arcing through the scientist and right into the evil bastard holding him. The Joker drops the poor convulsing Salarian as his shields drop from another shot. He manages to drop his last smoke grenade while turning tail and running as Captain Wayne fires another two shots in his general direction.
Wayne reloads and holsters his sidearm before grabbing Shay's arms and pulling her up over the railing. “You help West, I'll help Dr. Elsaul,” he tells her, the both of them running to their charge and applying medi-gel from their omni-tools.
As Dr. Elsaul stabilizes Captain Wayne contacts the Gotham. “A shuttle is leaving the site, I want you to grab it Robin,” he orders.
“Sorry, sir, but we've got problems up here. That bigger ship the bad guys were waiting for, it's a damn Dreadnought!” the pilot shouts back.
“What?!” Wayne asks.
“You heard me, Captain. We're dancing out of it's firing range right now, but there is nothing we can do to stop it from grabbing the shuttle and bugging out,” Grayson reports.
The Captain sighs. “Stay safe, but track it's movements for as long as possible,” he orders.
“Aye aye,” Grayson answers.
Wayne looks behind him and sees Shay helping Wally back to his feet, the young man giving his superior a thumbs up as he does. “What the hell do you find that warranted this level of...” he begins.
The Captain is interrupted when Dr. Elsaul, now breathing normally again, grabs him and says, “A Prothean! Still in stasis, but a real LIVE Prothean!”
0 x