Lost Moments

Moderators: Chaosmob, Isis, DaisyJane
Lordfrieza
Justice League
Justice League Membership: The Question

Lost Moments

Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:49 pm

The city stretched out for what seemed an eternity. Of course that was a drastic oversimplification. In truth Gotham was huge, but it wasn't all expanding. The city stretched several miles in each direction, and those either fortunate, or unfortunate, enough to call it home understood that everything a person could want resided within the city. If it could be bought and sold there was a place for it. Human lives were no different, and it was for that reason that a dark figure watched over a building of interest. The building had been one of the low income apartment complexes. It had originally been designed to house the less fortunate and allow them the chance to work and live with dignity. Instead it had become hell on earth. Daily wars raged out between rival gangs, drug traffic and manufacturing, and of course human trafficking had all seemed to center around these buildings.

The owner of the eyes that watched the building touched a golden lasso that was coiled and held in a small pouch at her side. The armor she wore was not that connected to where she had come. Instead it was connected to who she had slowly became. The enhanced sensors in the lenses of the cowl allowed her to see in enhanced vision regardless of the situation. She could switch it to see heat signatures, easily focus in on a person that couldn't be seen with the naked eye, and that was just on the cowl itself. The micro computer that worked with the entire suit of armor could relay images from six civilian satellites and over a dozen military ones. She truly could see everywhere at once.

"Princess," a voice came over the comm, "What are you doing?"

She chuckled as she watched the building, "I am waiting for Matthews to make his move."

She thought about her prey. Taylor Matthews, the current leader of the West Gotham Kings. He was wanted for various crimes, but the one she was focusing on was his connection to the human trafficking that was happening. Evidence had been gathered which pointed to the fact that he was responsible for over sixteen disappearances. The evidence itself had been collected by the greatest detective in the modern age, and she had no doubts about its authenticity.

"That's something we agreed for you to have someone there with you."

She breathed out, "Bruce," she said, her voice little more than a whisper, "I will not separate his head from his shoulders."

There was silence, "I swear to you I won't, but I will not be gentle in bringing him in."

The chuckle was from other end this time, "I wouldn't expect you to use kid gloves, but remember Diana, Taylor Matthews is just a normal man. One with connections to various underworld empires thanks to his business, but a man all the same. What someone like Bane or Waylon Jones could withstand would kill him."

She nodded, catching herself, "I know, I'll try to limit it to a few ribs, perhaps his arm, maybe both knees."

She expected him to make her promise not to, but she was happy to not hear that, "Just make sure that he can understand that he's being arrested, and that he can stand trial."

She breathed out with that, "I can do that," she said before her eyes focused on a van that was pulling up. Her lenses switched into heat vision and she saw six adults, males from the look, and a young female. Her arms behind her, likely tied, and she prepared, "They're here."

Moving silently she neared the top of the building, and then she moved down. The microcomputer connected to the cellphones on them, and each one began transferring the audio conversation that was going on, "Boss, this seems like a bad idea."

"Shut it Nick," a raspy voice said, "Fucker didn't pay, so little Gracie can pay his tab."

Gracy, Diana thought, Gracie Ancelotti? She's the daughter of Augustine Ancelotti a major caporegime of the Ancelotti family. I know that they work mostly in Metropolis. This would be more on Kal's radar.

Moving toward the area her vision switched back to that of exceptionally high definition. She could see the girl, and she zoomed in on her. She was wearing a catholic school uniform. Her top was ripped, exposing ample cleavage. Her skirt was torn, and her stockings looked to be stained. Anger surged through Diana as she watched. Without a moment's notice, and without a bit of remorse, she moved behind the first of the men. Normally her strikes were pronounced. She attacked in a warrior's fashion. It wasn't designed to be showy, but it was designed to be honorable and give the opponent the chance to fight back. Bruce had worked with her to attack from the shadows. He helped her to see the benefit of never being seen, and she used that now. The first went down, knocked cold, followed by the next. That left Matthews and his right hand. She went for his right hand, moving and pulling him into the air.

Bruce needed a grappler, she simply flew. She used the nylon cord to tie him to an aging gargoyle. He screamed, and Taylor turned to see her floating in the air. The gun in his hand pointed to the temple of Gracie Ancelotti, Come near me and I swear that I'll splatter her brains on the wall!

The response was simple. Another figure moved, grabbing his hand, moving it out, allowing a shot to be fired, which she blocked on reflex, and then she watched as his arm broke. He screamed as he was forced to the ground. The girl cried and she moved toward her. Pulling her to a comforting hug she watched as her adoptive son finished taking down the known human trafficker, "Vυχτερίδα," he said as he finished tying her up, "Everything good?"

She stood there, holding the girl, and feeling her cry against her. She shook her head, memories of things that had happened, and the desire to ensure that it would never happen again flooded through her. She held the girl, ensuring she was safe, "No, but it will be."

He nodded, "I've contacted Gordon, he's sending out several men to deal with this."

She nodded, "I will stay and ensure that she is in safe hands."

There was no room for negotiations in her voice. He knew better than to argue with her. Instead he turned. Without a word he moved gracefully toward the ceiling and then toward the windows that were high in the hall. She watched as he left, assured that he would be fine. And she simply waited with the girl until she heard the sounds of sirens. Moments later she heard the voice of another man she trusted.

"I just got a complete pile of evidence dropped off about these four," Jim Gordon said as he neared her, "They're not going to be able to get right back out."

She nodded, "And she will be seen home, correct?"

There was hesitation, "After she is seen by medical professionals, absolutely."

She looked toward him, "I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't ensure that she was okay physically."

She accepted the answer, "It is safe young one," she said as she felt the teenager cling to her, "He will not let anything happen to you."

The girl finally looked toward him, "Promise?"

She saw the seriousness in his eyes, "I swear, that you will be safe."

With that she finally let go and went with Jim Gordon. Diana watched as they left, and she felt a mixture of emotions. She of course felt proud that she had helped, but ultimately she felt less than satisfied. A very primal part of her wanted to pay them back far more for what they had done. Her amazonian heritage screamed in rage at the impotence of the situation. It screamed for her to take them from the police, to fly them into the air, and then to drop them. It screamed for her to end them, but she pushed that part back. Ever since she had been returned, ever since Bruce had saved her, the warrior part of her was more pronounced. It accepted her sons, Bruce, and the men that she trusted, but all others were held at a respectful distance. Those that hurt others were deemed unfit, and she wished deeply to remove them.

Dr. Leslie Thompson had helped her realize that it was multiple things at work, and one of the biggest things was that she had triggers she didn't have before. Her trauma had shaped her into something else. It was a major part of the reason she could no longer wear her armor. It was why she worked from the shadows, and why she worked as Princess Diana at the embassy, but not as Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman had to be left behind. She couldn't be her any longer. That part of her was fractured and damaged beyond repair. She lifted into the air. The suit itself had small thrusters, tiny ones that allowed flight for someone that couldn't fly, and they activated, for sound mostly, when she lifted into the air. The sound was slight, barely there, but enough to throw people off. No one would purposefully guess that it was Wonder Woman working as part of the Batfamily. She flew high into the night sky, and then she moved into the cloud cover before flying toward the manor. When she neared the cliff face she dropped and flew toward the entrance that Bruce left opened for her.

Flying in she landed and pressed a small button on the side of her cowl. The lenses both pulled back and then moved into the cowl itself. Then the back of it began to move upward allowing her to take it off without damaging it. She removed it and saw Bruce at the computer. The exoskeleton was currently on him, and she knew that he was a single step from coming to her aid. She felt a pang of guilt. What Bane had done to him, it had happened because she had been busy. If she would have been there, if she would have waited, if she hadn't tried to push herself back into the role of Wonder Woman it wouldn't have happened.

"Diana..."

The rest of whatever he was going to say was stopped. She moved, effortlessly, toward him. Her lips finding his own, and she kissed him deeply. She was careful not to push his back, to re-injure his spine, but she did drink deeply from the well of love he had from her. It was something she needed. She felt his hands, strong, made stronger by the exoskeleton, holding her. She could easily escape his grasp. She could destroy the exoskeleton with minimum effort. It would be like ripping apart aluminum foil, but she knew that he could counter most of what she could do. Still, there was one reason about all others that would keep that from happening. He was her love, her light, her one true safe place, "I'm okay," she lied, "It was just difficult to see it."
0 x
"The tips at the end of shoelaces are called 'aglets'. Their true purpose is sinister." The Question

League member 'Question'

"You just couldn't let me go, could you? This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object." - The Joker

Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Re: Lost Moments

Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:12 pm

Interesting.
0 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

Lordfrieza
Justice League
Justice League Membership: The Question

Re: Lost Moments

Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:01 pm

Lordfrieza wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:49 pm
The city stretched out for what seemed an eternity. Of course that was a drastic oversimplification. In truth Gotham was huge, but it wasn't all expanding. The city stretched several miles in each direction, and those either fortunate, or unfortunate, enough to call it home understood that everything a person could want resided within the city. If it could be bought and sold there was a place for it. Human lives were no different, and it was for that reason that a dark figure watched over a building of interest. The building had been one of the low income apartment complexes. It had originally been designed to house the less fortunate and allow them the chance to work and live with dignity. Instead it had become hell on earth. Daily wars raged out between rival gangs, drug traffic and manufacturing, and of course human trafficking had all seemed to center around these buildings.

The owner of the eyes that watched the building touched a golden lasso that was coiled and held in a small pouch at her side. The armor she wore was not that connected to where she had come. Instead it was connected to who she had slowly became. The enhanced sensors in the lenses of the cowl allowed her to see in enhanced vision regardless of the situation. She could switch it to see heat signatures, easily focus in on a person that couldn't be seen with the naked eye, and that was just on the cowl itself. The micro computer that worked with the entire suit of armor could relay images from six civilian satellites and over a dozen military ones. She truly could see everywhere at once.

She chuckled as she watched the building, "I am waiting for Matthews to make his move."

She thought about her prey. Taylor Matthews, the current leader of the West Gotham Kings. He was wanted for various crimes, but the one she was focusing on was his connection to the human trafficking that was happening. Evidence had been gathered which pointed to the fact that he was responsible for over sixteen disappearances. The evidence itself had been collected by the greatest detective in the modern age, and she had no doubts about its authenticity.

She breathed out, "Bruce," she said, her voice little more than a whisper, "I will not separate his head from his shoulders."

There was silence, "I swear to you I won't, but I will not be gentle in bringing him in."

The chuckle was from other end this time, "I wouldn't expect you to use kid gloves, but remember Diana, Taylor Matthews is just a normal man. One with connections to various underworld empires thanks to his business, but a man all the same. What someone like Bane or Waylon Jones could withstand would kill him."

She nodded, catching herself, "I know, I'll try to limit it to a few ribs, perhaps his arm, maybe both knees."

She expected him to make her promise not to, but she was happy to not hear that, "Just make sure that he can understand that he's being arrested, and that he can stand trial."

She breathed out with that, "I can do that," she said before her eyes focused on a van that was pulling up. Her lenses switched into heat vision and she saw six adults, males from the look, and a young female. Her arms behind her, likely tied, and she prepared, "They're here."

Moving silently she neared the top of the building, and then she moved down. The microcomputer connected to the cellphones on them, and each one began transferring the audio conversation that was going on, "Boss, this seems like a bad idea."

"Shut it Nick," a raspy voice said, "Fucker didn't pay, so little Gracie can pay his tab."

Gracy, Diana thought, Gracie Ancelotti? She's the daughter of Augustine Ancelotti a major caporegime of the Ancelotti family. I know that they work mostly in Metropolis. This would be more on Kal's radar.

Moving toward the area her vision switched back to that of exceptionally high definition. She could see the girl, and she zoomed in on her. She was wearing a catholic school uniform. Her top was ripped, exposing ample cleavage. Her skirt was torn, and her stockings looked to be stained. Anger surged through Diana as she watched. Without a moment's notice, and without a bit of remorse, she moved behind the first of the men. Normally her strikes were pronounced. She attacked in a warrior's fashion. It wasn't designed to be showy, but it was designed to be honorable and give the opponent the chance to fight back. Bruce had worked with her to attack from the shadows. He helped her to see the benefit of never being seen, and she used that now. The first went down, knocked cold, followed by the next. That left Matthews and his right hand. She went for his right hand, moving and pulling him into the air.

Bruce needed a grappler, she simply flew. She used the nylon cord to tie him to an aging gargoyle. He screamed, and Taylor turned to see her floating in the air. The gun in his hand pointed to the temple of Gracie Ancelotti, Come near me and I swear that I'll splatter her brains on the wall!

The response was simple. Another figure moved, grabbing his hand, moving it out, allowing a shot to be fired, which she blocked on reflex, and then she watched as his arm broke. He screamed as he was forced to the ground. The girl cried and she moved toward her. Pulling her to a comforting hug she watched as her adoptive son finished taking down the known human trafficker, "Vυχτερίδα," he said as he finished tying her up, "Everything good?"

She stood there, holding the girl, and feeling her cry against her. She shook her head, memories of things that had happened, and the desire to ensure that it would never happen again flooded through her. She held the girl, ensuring she was safe, "No, but it will be."

He nodded, "I've contacted Gordon, he's sending out several men to deal with this."

There was no room for negotiations in her voice. He knew better than to argue with her. Instead he turned. Without a word he moved gracefully toward the ceiling and then toward the windows that were high in the hall. She watched as he left, assured that he would be fine. And she simply waited with the girl until she heard the sounds of sirens. Moments later she heard the voice of another man she trusted.

"I just got a complete pile of evidence dropped off about these four," Jim Gordon said as he neared her, "They're not going to be able to get right back out."

She looked toward him, "I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't ensure that she was okay physically."

She accepted the answer, "It is safe young one," she said as she felt the teenager cling to her, "He will not let anything happen to you."

With that she finally let go and went with Jim Gordon. Diana watched as they left, and she felt a mixture of emotions. She of course felt proud that she had helped, but ultimately she felt less than satisfied. A very primal part of her wanted to pay them back far more for what they had done. Her amazonian heritage screamed in rage at the impotence of the situation. It screamed for her to take them from the police, to fly them into the air, and then to drop them. It screamed for her to end them, but she pushed that part back. Ever since she had been returned, ever since Bruce had saved her, the warrior part of her was more pronounced. It accepted her sons, Bruce, and the men that she trusted, but all others were held at a respectful distance. Those that hurt others were deemed unfit, and she wished deeply to remove them.

Dr. Leslie Thompson had helped her realize that it was multiple things at work, and one of the biggest things was that she had triggers she didn't have before. Her trauma had shaped her into something else. It was a major part of the reason she could no longer wear her armor. It was why she worked from the shadows, and why she worked as Princess Diana at the embassy, but not as Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman had to be left behind. She couldn't be her any longer. That part of her was fractured and damaged beyond repair. She lifted into the air. The suit itself had small thrusters, tiny ones that allowed flight for someone that couldn't fly, and they activated, for sound mostly, when she lifted into the air. The sound was slight, barely there, but enough to throw people off. No one would purposefully guess that it was Wonder Woman working as part of the Batfamily. She flew high into the night sky, and then she moved into the cloud cover before flying toward the manor. When she neared the cliff face she dropped and flew toward the entrance that Bruce left opened for her.

Flying in she landed and pressed a small button on the side of her cowl. The lenses both pulled back and then moved into the cowl itself. Then the back of it began to move upward allowing her to take it off without damaging it. She removed it and saw Bruce at the computer. The exoskeleton was currently on him, and she knew that he was a single step from coming to her aid. She felt a pang of guilt. What Bane had done to him, it had happened because she had been busy. If she would have been there, if she would have waited, if she hadn't tried to push herself back into the role of Wonder Woman it wouldn't have happened.

"Diana..."

The rest of whatever he was going to say was stopped. She moved, effortlessly, toward him. Her lips finding his own, and she kissed him deeply. She was careful not to push his back, to re-injure his spine, but she did drink deeply from the well of love he had from her. It was something she needed. She felt his hands, strong, made stronger by the exoskeleton, holding her. She could easily escape his grasp. She could destroy the exoskeleton with minimum effort. It would be like ripping apart aluminum foil, but she knew that he could counter most of what she could do. Still, there was one reason about all others that would keep that from happening. He was her love, her light, her one true safe place, "I'm okay," she lied, "It was just difficult to see it."

Lost Moments

Chapter 1

"Diana..."

Both of them knew that there was more conversation to be had. Bruce understood what had happened to her had effectively changed who she was. It was a little known fact that darkness was much like an infection. If left alone it spread, and the darkness that Luthor had caused had certainly spread inside of Diana. Both her and Clark had been a light to the world, or more appropriately to the known Universe. Even when she attempted to step back into the role of Wonder Woman those closest to her had seen the change. Wonder Woman had always been a warrior, but she had become more obsessed. She was determined to ensure that no other suffered as she had suffered.

The fact that she would occasionally wake up in the middle of the night screaming was another issue. Grod had done so much to take away her power when they captured her. More to the point he'd practically taken everything from her. Before he finished, before he'd implanted those false memories Luthor had violated her. If he had the chance he would have attacked him all over again. Still, he understood that Diana didn't want to talk about it. More o the point she didn't want to deal with it. Right now she needed to be comforted, and she needed time to be just them. Although after what Bane had done even that was limited. Which, that reminded him that Bane's medical evaluation was coming up.

The last time confirmed that Diana had severed his spine in three places. He had access to his left bicep, and that was it. From what he was told Bane had sworn vengeance against Wonder Woman. Most would consider those threats as meaningless, but Bruce had long since learned how dangerous those threats from one of his enemies really were.
0 x
"The tips at the end of shoelaces are called 'aglets'. Their true purpose is sinister." The Question

League member 'Question'

"You just couldn't let me go, could you? This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object." - The Joker