Group fan comic

Moderators: Chaosmob, Isis, DaisyJane
no avatar
jlapj
Young Justice
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:49 pm

Group fan comic

Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:21 pm

Okay so remember when I said I was going to make a bmww fan comic...well I realized there was no way I could do that alone since I'm a horrible writer..and I am terrible at coming up with ideas for long stories...

And also, am I wrong in saying that almost everyone here is slightly put out by the new dc reboot...they're pAiring superman with wonder woman right?

Well I had an idea, for anyone that is interested, to make an actual comic....something that basically looks like one of the true comic books with a cover and a complete story and all that. And I was thinking that we can all contribute...most of you guys are writers right? So I was thinking that maybe we could work together and go page by page...I know this probably only sounds good in theory...but it will be sort of like a large collaboration....i was thinking we could start from a sort of beginning...not necessarily an origin story but not just a complete bmww ship comic. Something that has plot like any other comic would but obviously the main focus is bmww....I hope I am not out of place in suggesting this sort of thing...I'm still very young so I don't know how these sort of things work but if anyone is interested in being part of this project please let me know!! But note that if you are interested...it's beginning to end...although it won't be stressfull at all just a fun project for all us bmww fans:)


So basically I'll sketch out the comic as we come up with ideas ( page by page) and I'll post the sketches here...then at the end I'll probably color them and compile it into a comic complete with a cover..... Of course credit everyone who helps me out enormously because its obviously not just going to be my comic...ill just do the art....and then send it to everyone...:)

The main goal of this is basically just create a comic that all bmww fans will like because we can all be a part of it...since dc will probably never do such a comic we can make our own little series....:D

Let me know if you are interested and we can start with some ideas...this is going to be as fair as possible


P.s. I hope I'm not in over my head on this....I only intend for it to be a fun collaboration with as many people as possible:)
0 x

User avatar
DaisyJane
Justice League
Posts: 6383
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:52 pm
Justice League Membership: Donna Troy
Location: Los Angeles
x 244
Contact:

Re: Group fan comic

Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:40 pm

We were already talking about creating a the DC 3.14159265 or DC Pi universe in response to our disappointment over the DCnU. I am working on a WW origin and Aries is working on a BM origin and Grendle has already written the first chapter of a GL origin (with I have to beta). I would love to have you illustrate a comic for us. Also I have an idea for a short funny comic (Inspired by some dialogue by MTVCCVC) if you want me to PM it to you?
0 x
FU DC

User avatar
Lordfrieza
Justice League
Posts: 6025
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:34 am
Justice League Membership: The Question
Location: Oklahoma
x 10

Re: Group fan comic

Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:40 pm

I'll do it. Part of my final in Literature in the Graphic World is transforming either an original piece of fiction or a published short story, song, or poem into a comic book. So in that time I've been learning scripting for comics (actually kind of fun) and I would be happy to help. i suppose what we should ask ourselves is do we want to come up with an original story or do we want to intemperate an existing fan story into a fan based comic? Either way we go would be fine, and having more than one writer (if anyone else is interested) would be a benefit. But yeah... I would seriously like to give it a go.
0 x
"The tips at the end of shoelaces are called 'aglets'. Their true purpose is sinister." The Question

League member 'Question'

User avatar
Lordfrieza
Justice League
Posts: 6025
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:34 am
Justice League Membership: The Question
Location: Oklahoma
x 10

Re: Group fan comic

Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:42 pm

DaisyJane wrote:We were already talking about creating a the DC 3.14159265 or DC Pi universe in response to our disappointment over the DCnU. I am working on a WW origin and Aries is working on a BM origin and Grendle has already written the first chapter of a GL origin (with I have to beta). I would love to have you illustrate a comic for us. Also I have an idea for a short funny comic (Inspired by some dialogue by MTVCCVC) if you want me to PM it to you?


Woah... that sounds like a much better idea. (Personally I love anything that Daisy writes. Fantastically gifted author. :D)
0 x
"The tips at the end of shoelaces are called 'aglets'. Their true purpose is sinister." The Question

League member 'Question'

no avatar
jlapj
Young Justice
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Group fan comic

Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:21 pm

DaisyJane wrote:We were already talking about creating a the DC 3.14159265 or DC Pi universe in response to our disappointment over the DCnU. I am working on a WW origin and Aries is working on a BM origin and Grendle has already written the first chapter of a GL origin (with I have to beta). I would love to have you illustrate a comic for us. Also I have an idea for a short funny comic (Inspired by some dialogue by MTVCCVC) if you want me to PM it to you?
Really?? Wow that's awesome! I don't think I'll have the will to illustrate all the origin comics(along with the fact that I'm happy with the known ones) If i'm being honest..I'll see what I can do but I was more going for a bmww centered series of comics with the known origins...but I'm excited to see what you guys come up with!...I'll also be more than happy to illustrate some of your shorts:) let me know:D
0 x

no avatar
jlapj
Young Justice
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Group fan comic

Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:30 pm

DaisyJane wrote:We were already talking about creating a the DC 3.14159265 or DC Pi universe in response to our disappointment over the DCnU. I am working on a WW origin and Aries is working on a BM origin and Grendle has already written the first chapter of a GL origin (with I have to beta). I would love to have you illustrate a comic for us. Also I have an idea for a short funny comic (Inspired by some dialogue by MTVCCVC) if you want me to PM it to you?
Well actually I would like to see what you have for the ww origin...:) I will definitely think about that one....but batman is practically ingrained in my head a specific way although I'll check it out too:D
0 x

User avatar
DaisyJane
Justice League
Posts: 6383
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:52 pm
Justice League Membership: Donna Troy
Location: Los Angeles
x 244
Contact:

Re: Group fan comic

Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:41 pm

Well my WW origin will be two stories actually and probably too long for a comic. One will be a history of the Amazons based partly on mythology but continuing until the present. Second will be Diana's first story. I have only started the first chapter of the history but I have most of my ideas for it written out. I will PM you my short humorous story later this week.
0 x
FU DC

no avatar
jlapj
Young Justice
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Group fan comic

Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:55 pm

Lordfrieza wrote:I'll do it. Part of my final in Literature in the Graphic World is transforming either an original piece of fiction or a published short story, song, or poem into a comic book. So in that time I've been learning scripting for comics (actually kind of fun) and I would be happy to help. i suppose what we should ask ourselves is do we want to come up with an original story or do we want to intemperate an existing fan story into a fan based comic? Either way we go would be fine, and having more than one writer (if anyone else is interested) would be a benefit. But yeah... I would seriously like to give it a go.
Awesome thank you so much! I'll see about checking out some stories and asking permission but if not we'll see if we get more writers and come up with something epic...hopefully:D I'll let you know as soon as possible....
0 x

no avatar
jlapj
Young Justice
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Group fan comic

Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:59 pm

DaisyJane wrote:Well my WW origin will be two stories actually and probably too long for a comic. One will be a history of the Amazons based partly on mythology but continuing until the present. Second will be Diana's first story. I have only started the first chapter of the history but I have most of my ideas for it written out. I will PM you my short humorous story later this week.
All right awesome:D and no rush...:)
0 x

User avatar
Aries
Site Admin
Posts: 5852
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 4:47 pm
Justice League Membership: Nightwing
Location: Canada
x 10
Contact:

Re: Group fan comic

Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:02 pm

If you want a quick story to do, I'd recommend DJ's Broken Green Robot or Isis' Chess. Both are short and fun stories.

Whatever you decide to do, we'll all be looking forward to seeing your work!
0 x

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest