Some fun FanArt

Moderators: Chaosmob, Isis, DaisyJane
Chaosmob
Site Admin
Justice League Membership: Plastic Man

Re: Some fun FanArt

Mon May 17, 2010 6:56 am

The current Justice League somewhat reminds me of the Detroit era run, which is why I haven't read it since before Bruce died.
0 x
Can I have one more day? Every one I have left. My life is yours.
League membership: Plastic Man

Gothamazon
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Batgirl [Stephanie Brown]

Mon May 17, 2010 8:39 am

Which one was the Detroit line?
0 x
'Sometimes finding yourself isn't as hard as you think. Sometimes you just need a nudge in the right direction.' ~ Barbara Gordon, the Oracle.

League membership: Stephanie Brown Batgirl

Chaosmob
Site Admin

Mon May 17, 2010 8:57 am

0 x

Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Mon May 17, 2010 1:12 pm

Heh, Vibe.
0 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

Aries
Site Admin
Justice League Membership: Nightwing

Mon May 17, 2010 6:11 pm

I don't know. Even the Detroit days seem better then the current run. I mean, Congorila and a blue alien Starman? And as much as I love Dick and Donna's characters (I grew up on their run of as Titans) they're just being used as Batman Lite and Wonder Woman Lite.

Hopefully after the war of the supermen and the RoBW, the big three will get back to the Justice League.
0 x

DaisyJane
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Donna Troy

Mon May 17, 2010 6:34 pm

Yeah, they are not being the Dick and Donna we know and love. James Robinson's dialogue is terrible and he has no idea how to write Donna's character. I don't want her ruined by his incompetence and ignorance of her basic character traits.
0 x
FU DC

Aries
Site Admin

Mon May 17, 2010 7:01 pm

Yeah poor Donna's character seems to be taking a beating over the last while. They don't seem to have any writers that understand her. They should probably hire you Daisy!

Dick I'm worried about because they're really making him too much like Bruce, and I'm just not sure his character can survive once Bruce is back.
0 x

Isis
Justice League

Mon May 17, 2010 7:24 pm

I think he'll probably have to go on a journey of self-discovery...which is going to be tedious as hell...
0 x
Batman—Having the word "Wonder" in your name might seem egotistical to some. Having watched Wonder Woman in action...I'd call it modesty.

Chaosmob
Site Admin

Mon May 17, 2010 7:40 pm

Your probably right about Dick finding himself again Isis, the Nightwing name has been taken and when Bruce returns we know he will be retaking the Batman title. Hmm maybe he and Donna should run off and find themselves again. ;)

Oh Isis your getting closer to joining us in the Watchtower. Only 4 more messages to go!!! :)
0 x

DaisyJane
Justice League

Mon May 17, 2010 8:30 pm

Well I get the strange feeling that Dick may stay Batman awhile with Bruce also being Batman because the Batman & Robin book is really doing well. I miss Dick's sense of fun and the light-hearted banter that he and Donna have from being friends forever. Robinson has them being too much like Bruce and Diana and while they share some characteristics they are rather different characters.
0 x
FU DC

Aries
Site Admin

Mon May 17, 2010 8:44 pm

Even though I'm not a Dick/Donna shipper, I agree with you. Though personally I don't care for the Batman & Robin book, Dick's character is too dark for him now and I can't stand Damian.

Personally I'd love to see a return of the Titans from the 80s.
0 x

DaisyJane
Justice League

Mon May 17, 2010 8:59 pm

While I do like Dick and Donna as a couple it is the friendship that they have that I am referring to and not any potential they have as a couple. I miss the old Dick that saw the humor in things and didn't try to be Bruce. And Donna, who despite the tragedy in her life was still strong and optimistic. And kind and a bit of a mother hen but knew how to have fun. And dressed with style and not in hooker outfits.
0 x
FU DC

Gothamazon
Justice League

Mon May 17, 2010 11:58 pm

Aries wrote:Even though I'm not a Dick/Donna shipper, I agree with you. Though personally I don't care for the Batman & Robin book, Dick's character is too dark for him now and I can't stand Damian.

Personally I'd love to see a return of the Titans from the 80s.
Sigh... I LOVE the 80s Titans! And yes DJ, we want Donna's classical sense of fashion back! That girl is the best dressed girl in DCU, even her sister has a lot to learn from her! And look what she's been wearing these days! Shake head...
0 x
'Sometimes finding yourself isn't as hard as you think. Sometimes you just need a nudge in the right direction.' ~ Barbara Gordon, the Oracle.

DaisyJane
Justice League

Tue May 18, 2010 12:52 am

Here is a page from JLA 0 which kind of illustrates how Dick is different from Bruce and how being Batman is kind of dragging him down.

http://bmww.no-ip.org//uploads/Justice$ ... 000-09.jpg

BTW Kory is fairing much better in REBELS. She seems to be more her old self and less whiny. She took a beating in Titans.
0 x
FU DC

Gothamazon
Justice League

Tue May 18, 2010 12:57 am

Thanks DJ. I haven't been following Kory lately. I like her in Marv Wolfman's New Teen Titans... how is she lately? I have read where WW was treated badly by the writers, but at least she pulls out of it fine. With Kory, she was rather underrated really, IMO.

Btw DJ, I sent you a PM just now, a very girlie stuff with a lot of excuses...
0 x

Gothamazon
Justice League

Tue May 18, 2010 12:59 am

DaisyJane wrote:Here is a page from JLA 0 which kind of illustrates how Dick is different from Bruce and how being Batman is kind of dragging him down.

http://bmww.no-ip.org//uploads/Justice$ ... 000-09.jpg

BTW Kory is fairing much better in REBELS. She seems to be more her old self and less whiny. She took a beating in Titans.
Btw, I love how Diana and Bruce talked here. Whatever the DC writers try to tell us, that they're brother and sister :roll: I still see more than honest camaraderie there between them. You can't mute their innate chemistry, DC!
0 x

Ocean-Eyed
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Huntress

Tue May 18, 2010 1:13 am

Gothamazon wrote:Thanks DJ. I haven't been following Kory lately. I like her in Marv Wolfman's New Teen Titans... how is she lately? I have read where WW was treated badly by the writers, but at least she pulls out of it fine. With Kory, she was rather underrated really, IMO.
Well, Kory and Diana duked it out in the first trade of Geoff Johns' Teen Titans run. Which, in all honestly, I thought was hilarious. After they started, then everyone was fighting and I was rolling. Call me weird, but watching two of my favorite characters just seriously duking it out--not to mention who they were-- it was damn funny, I'll tell you.
0 x
Image Image

You're not matin' with me, sunshine! ~ Donna Noble

League membership: Huntress

Gothamazon
Justice League

Tue May 18, 2010 1:58 am

GJ's Diana was SO out of character! Instead of TALKING to Cassie who was smooching Conner, Diana kicked him out and glared at her. What was that?!?!
0 x

Ocean-Eyed
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Huntress

Tue May 18, 2010 2:03 am

....It made me laugh. -Kicks dirt with shoe-
0 x
Image Image

You're not matin' with me, sunshine! ~ Donna Noble

League membership: Huntress

DaisyJane
Justice League

Tue May 18, 2010 2:10 am

Geoff Johns doesn't seem to understand Diana as all. BTW what volume and issues of the TT are these. I need a good laugh. Of course hearing that James Robinson is getting kicked off JL would really cheer me up but I don't see that happening. And honestly the writer for Titans Vol. 2 (well from issues #16 and on) isn't making me happy either.
0 x
FU DC