BMWW Group on DeviantArt

Moderators: Chaosmob, Isis, DaisyJane
Mira
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Fire

Re: BMWW Group on DeviantArt

Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:54 pm

Chaosmob wrote:We are probably out numbers by the SM/WW shippers Mira, not by much tho. ;)
Well I can only speak of numbers of groups in DA.
We were a little ahead, and with the launch of issue 12, they passed us, but honestly, we have undergone very little ... the two groups grew slightly with the arrival of the magazine, it's as if people do not like them together were saying that too.

Chaosmob wrote:Beats the hell out of me what fire is saying to J'onn.
she's saying:
"but I don't want to do my monitor duty."
:lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x

Chaosmob
Site Admin
Justice League Membership: Plastic Man

Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:58 pm

Oh that little minx, hehehe.

I personally hate the issue. Every time I see them kissing makes me want to throw up. :(
0 x
Can I have one more day? Every one I have left. My life is yours.
League membership: Plastic Man

no avatar
Dark Phenom
Teen Titan

Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:36 pm

Bickerton wrote:
Very lovely pic.
Last edited by Dark Phenom on Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
0 x

Aries
Site Admin
Justice League Membership: Nightwing

Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:19 pm

I don't put much stock in that. The simple fact is that we all know, even those who are in denial because they're SM/WW fans, that Superman's true love is Lois Lane.

The concept of Diana and Clark dating at some point early in their careers isn't a horrible notion. Lots of us date someone when we're young that we realize later is much better suited as a friend. The main reason this current hookup between Clark and Diana is so horrible is because of bad writing and disrespectful character interpretations.
0 x

Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:52 pm

Aries wrote:I don't put much stock in that. The simple fact is that we all know, even those who are in denial because they're SM/WW fans, that Superman's true love is Lois Lane.

The concept of Diana and Clark dating at some point early in their careers isn't a horrible notion. Lots of us date someone when we're young that we realize later is much better suited as a friend. The main reason this current hookup between Clark and Diana is so horrible is because of bad writing and disrespectful character interpretations.
Yep. Like I said before they had to move heaven and earth to get this pairing to even start, both of them had to be written out of character and have their respective supporting casts bamfed out of existence, and that was just for the first kiss. They might as well have used Mephisto, for how much damage the writers did to get this going.
0 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

Phantomstranger
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Phantom Stranger

Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:52 am

Oh yeah .. both of them have literally no supporting cast .. although New52 Jimmy is pretty cool .. and Superman is so OOC he might as well be a new character altogether
0 x
Nothing is harder to understand than a symbolic work. A symbol always transcends the one who makes use of it and makes him say in reality more than he is aware of expressing. - Camus

He’ll still be here long after I’m dead and forgotten; long after all of us have come and gone, there will be Batman. - Grant Morrison

Mira
Justice League

Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:41 am

Aries wrote:The concept of Diana and Clark dating at some point early in their careers isn't a horrible notion. Lots of us date someone when we're young that we realize later is much better suited as a friend. The main reason this current hookup between Clark and Diana is so horrible is because of bad writing and disrespectful character interpretations.
well said!
0 x

Mira
Justice League

Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:05 pm

Frame scores of our "competitors" 8-)
Not that it matters, but I'm not doing anything at the moment ....

BM/WW

SM/WW

Members: 7 points more
Pageviews: More than double
Watchers 25 to less

BM/CW

Members: 6 points more
Pageviews: one third of our
Watchers 79 to less
0 x

Bickerton
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Robin [Damian Wayne]

Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:08 pm

Mira wrote:Frame scores of our "competitors" 8-)
Not that it matters, but I'm not doing anything at the moment ....

BM/WW

SM/WW

Members: 7 points more
Pageviews: More than double
Watchers 25 to less

BM/CW

Members: 6 points more
Pageviews: one third of our
Watchers 79 to less

Well that is depressing. :(
0 x
Grant Morrison’s “bat god” is nothing more than the Adam West Batman modernize
LM: Damian(Robin)Wayne

Chaosmob
Site Admin

Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:13 pm

Not really depressing Bickerton, it shows we are just as popular as the SM/WW. The page views are to be expected since DC is "forcing" oops I mean allowing this relationship and new fans might be looking at the images.
0 x

Bickerton
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Robin [Damian Wayne]

Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:20 pm

Chaosmob wrote:Not really depressing Bickerton, it shows we are just as popular as the SM/WW. The page views are to be expected since DC is "forcing" oops I mean allowing this relationship and new fans might be looking at the images.
Like I said depressing. :(
0 x
Grant Morrison’s “bat god” is nothing more than the Adam West Batman modernize
LM: Damian(Robin)Wayne

DaisyJane
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Donna Troy

Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:23 pm

There could be any number of reasons that there are more page views simply by how their group is set up. I almost never go to the home page because the images are automatically sent to my account. They may have to go to the home page to see updates. You could also have somebody who has a auto refresh set up on the home page.
0 x
FU DC

Aries
Site Admin

Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:27 pm

Agreed. Also we're pretty active on this forum, so we don't tend to carry on a lot of conversations on the DA page. It would probably help to have more links to the page on this site though. I'll have to see if I can find/make an image of the day widget to put on the fanfiction section.
0 x

Aries
Site Admin

Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:37 pm

Looking into this there are no ready made widgets, but DeviantArt has an API that I can use to make one; however I'm a little torn now. The API will let me pull any I want, which means we could use it to populate/supplement our own gallery, keeping traffic here, or drive traffic to the DA page. Any opinions?

For anyone wondering, there's nothing devious or lowbrow about using the content; that's what the API is designed for.
0 x

a1Tnugon
Young Justice

Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:10 am

At least we have 408 members here on this site. The sm/ww site only has 74. Ok, I admit I went behind enemy lines.
0 x
When I die, bury me face down so the world can kiss my a**. -Unknown
What is at the bottom of a bottomless pit? -Awantinagan
Your voice and you conscience, do the sound alike? -Awantinagan

Chaosmob
Site Admin

Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:40 am

That is fine a1tnugon, it's not the amount of members we have it's those that are active that counts. And from what i see we have about 30+ active members that actually post here. :)
0 x

a1Tnugon
Young Justice

Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:13 am

Chaosmob wrote:That is fine a1tnugon, it's not the amount of members we have it's those that are active that counts. And from what i see we have about 30+ active members that actually post here. :)
plus the fact that at least members post here almost if not everyday, the other site's members last post was 10/10/12 and 10/6/12 before that.
0 x
When I die, bury me face down so the world can kiss my a**. -Unknown
What is at the bottom of a bottomless pit? -Awantinagan
Your voice and you conscience, do the sound alike? -Awantinagan

RunWithWolves
Titan

Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:33 am

Aries wrote:Looking into this there are no ready made widgets, but DeviantArt has an API that I can use to make one; however I'm a little torn now. The API will let me pull any I want, which means we could use it to populate/supplement our own gallery, keeping traffic here, or drive traffic to the DA page. Any opinions?

For anyone wondering, there's nothing devious or lowbrow about using the content; that's what the API is designed for.
It makes more sense to me to drive it here, keep everything in one place.
0 x
I have to find another path. Divine my own future. One uniquely mine. Not a page from someone else's book. Not a fate that begins and ends on page one - Oracle

witchiewoo
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Silver Sorceress

Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:36 am

Possibly the SMWW is less active because the can congregate at places like CBR, for example? Just to play devil's advocate...

And I'm more surprised by the relatively low numbers for BatCat since I always thought it was one of the most popular ships. Are there other groups that split the numbers?
0 x
Justice League Member: Silver Sorceress

Mira
Justice League

Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:23 am

Aries wrote:Looking into this there are no ready made widgets, but DeviantArt has an API that I can use to make one; however I'm a little torn now. The API will let me pull any I want, which means we could use it to populate/supplement our own gallery, keeping traffic here, or drive traffic to the DA page. Any opinions?

I think a great idea, Aries.
How much more disclosure and exchange of BMWW's content, better.

a1Tnugon wrote:At least we have 408 members here on this site. The sm/ww site only has 74. Ok, I admit I went behind enemy lines.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I do this kind of thing sometimes.
RunWithWolves wrote:It makes more sense to me to drive it here, keep everything in one place.
I think, if possible, it is best to have the exchange of content between the two places. DA is a highly visited site, and can be an interesting door for here.
witchiewoo wrote:And I'm more surprised by the relatively low numbers for BatCat since I always thought it was one of the most popular ships. Are there other groups that split the numbers?
As BMWW, there are two BMCT groups at DA. I pulled the information from the most popular of them. The other is almost inespressivel.
But BMCT was created in less time and is not working so ... thinking on that side, they have a very high expression without the same effort that we, or SMWW, which is a very active group.
0 x