Some fun FanArt part 2

Moderators: Chaosmob, Isis, DaisyJane
ARB
Justice League

Some fun FanArt part 2

Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:13 pm

ThatOneGuy wrote:QR_BBPOST Image

Just saw this fan art and the subject of it really stood out to me because while I never like the whole fish out of water aspect of Wonder woman's origin especially how the Perez Era handled it(mostly because it felt more like infantilization to me), It is necessary I mean she has to leave the island and some things will be jarring to her at least at first but what I hate is when it is played up too much, like I get it she isn't from around these part, however I like to have subtle reminders(subtlety isn't DC's strong-suit) that she isn't your average Gal(she what I did there) and this Art is the perfect way to do that by having her experience small things that we take for granted(like Ice Cream) and have it be special to her imagine her delight when she finds out she can just call Bruce anytime she wants, of course I am not saying she should act like a Teenage girl but I can see her getting her own personal phone after using the one at the embassy for a long time and after a long day of doing whatever ambassadors do she just lays in bed and calls him and he talks to her through his cowl while having a slow night patrolling in Gotham. See this stuff writes itself....
That's a really cute drawing indeed......although I think that framed pic of Batman behind Diana is a little bit too much. Maybe if it was just Bruce outside of the costume I would've like it a lot more. Anyhow.

I agree. Diana should've never be portrayed as a fish out of water, at least not in the sense of "boohoo I'm sad and lonely and nobody could possibly get me". That kind of attitude is beneath Diana I believe. She's one of the most focused, dedicated and most importantly responsible people in the DC universe, and she's on a mission representing her Amazon people, there's noway she'd be wasting time wallowing in sadness because she's all alone. When Diana came to Man's world, she came to fulfill a mission, and until that mission is completed she shouldn't have time to worry about how different she is. However, if by "fish out of water" you mean that she feels out of place and out of her depth when dealing with how different Man's World is compared to Themyscira ? Then I don't have a problem with that. Diana is definitely pure, and there's naivety to her, so it makes sense she'd be surprised by what she faces in the human world, even by the mundane stuff. I think that gives her an innocent, adorable side that contrasts her more stoic attitude when she's on missions or being WW.

That's why BMWW works so well in my opinion. Diana didn't come to Man's World looking for someone to love, or to find someone who shares her loneliness. She came on a mission. That's why the idea of her and Batman getting closer as brothers in arms makes a lot of sense. It starts as curiosity, and then develops into respects, and finally could become something more. That's helped by the fact that there are many chances for the two to interact, both in their Superhero lives and their civilian lives. BMWW never worked by having Diana and Bruce seeking each other out or looking for someone to share their woos with, since they both have much more important stuff to do than looking for someone to sleep with (unlike some other thing that I won't mention). It always starts with the two meeting, possibly be wary of each other, then slowly becoming curious, and then developing the respect that bonds them. As I'm typing this, I realized that this is exactly how the DCAU did it, and that's how the DCEU is also shaping up to be, and unlike the DCAU they actually covered the first two steps in a single movie. Who said there are no people who understand BMWW ?
0 x

Ddlo18
Titan

Some fun FanArt part 2

Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:27 pm

I could see Diana having these sudden mood swings and begin missing Themyscira in certain situations. For example, when she's experiences the horrors mans world contains, you could imagine she would look back at home and think of simpler times in her life. I think it was in the WW sensation comics where Diana was having a tough stretch and Bruce lent her a penthouse or cottage, that actually meant a lot to him when he was younger, so that she could take a break. Really sweet moments between the two and at that dreadful time in comics, it was the best WW out in the market.
0 x
"You're Strong"

"Really Boy Scout, you call that flirting"

"He's the New 52 Version,Princess, ignore him"

Ddlo18
Titan

Some fun FanArt part 2

Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:31 pm

Why are they so good together ?
2 x
"You're Strong"

"Really Boy Scout, you call that flirting"

"He's the New 52 Version,Princess, ignore him"

Dick Grayson(Age 12)
Titan

Some fun FanArt part 2

Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:02 am

Ddlo18 wrote:QR_BBPOST Image

Headcanon: Bruce never took that cowl off. :lol:
0 x
GL:So, what's going on between you and Diana?

Bats:Nothing. She's a respected colleague.

GL: Uh-huh.

- BMWW in a nutshell

ARB
Justice League

Some fun FanArt part 2

Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:20 am

Ddlo18 wrote:QR_BBPOST I could see Diana having these sudden mood swings and begin missing Themyscira in certain situations. For example, when she's experiences the horrors mans world contains, you could imagine she would look back at home and think of simpler times in her life. I think it was in the WW sensation comics where Diana was having a tough stretch and Bruce lent her a penthouse or cottage, that actually meant a lot to him when he was younger, so that she could take a break. Really sweet moments between the two and at that dreadful time in comics, it was the best WW out in the market.
Oh I see Diana feeling homesick, I don't have a problem with that. However, I don't see her looking to hook up with someone "who's lonely too and gets her", as if she came to the human world looking for someone to hook up with. That's one of the more annoying points that people use to defend SMWW, as it seems to make sense on paper, until you actually think of Diana's character and her history, and realize that her hooking up with the a guy because he gets how lonely she is doesn't sound like Diana at all. It sounds more like a teenage millennial version of Diana, which is pretty much what the New 52 turned her into.
QR_BBPOST Image

Yeah this scene is definitely in-line with their pre-Flashpoint interactions. This shows how Bruce, despite being a jerk to most people, has always been sensitive when it came to Diana and understands her better than most. I'm amazed at how well BMWW works no matter how you slice it. It's a treasure trove of possibilities that DC refuses to use.
1 x

annaoi
Titan

Some fun FanArt part 2

Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:48 am

Made something quick and simple again. I just couldn't get the quote out of my head.

Quote from http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/7247732 ... -the-sound
3 x
Spoiler: Show
Not yet back into the DC fandom, but slowly resurrecting.

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Some fun FanArt part 2

Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:47 am

Bruce's face at the end was like;"I will bottle that sound".....And use it as a weapon... lol
0 x

ARB
Justice League

Some fun FanArt part 2

Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:56 am

ThatOneGuy wrote:QR_BBPOST Bruce's face at the end was like;"I will bottle that sound".....And use it as a weapon... lol
OK that was hilarious XD You really can see the cogs moving inside his head to come up with a way to weaponize it. Tower of Babel 2 is gonna be really interesting.
1 x

annaoi
Titan

Some fun FanArt part 2

Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:46 am

ARB wrote:QR_BBPOST
ThatOneGuy wrote:QR_BBPOST Bruce's face at the end was like;"I will bottle that sound".....And use it as a weapon... lol
OK that was hilarious XD You really can see the cogs moving inside his head to come up with a way to weaponize it. Tower of Babel 2 is gonna be really interesting.
Lol!! Now that I'd like to see xD "Wonder Laugh". All of a sudden it reminds me of that Monster's Inc. concept of harnessing laughter as energy. lol.
0 x
Spoiler: Show
Not yet back into the DC fandom, but slowly resurrecting.

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Some fun FanArt part 2

Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:45 pm

Cute Wonderbat moment inspired by The Brave and the Bold issue #158. I love this so much it just seem so in character and mature at the same time I like that Diana said; "We'll See". It just add that extra layer to their interaction. This is really all I want, even if DC leave Wonder woman with Steve for the foreseeable future I just want these interaction between BM/WW it isn't explicitly sexual it could just be an interaction between teammates and close friend and that why I love it.
Art By:Dee-Linquent
Now for reading all that a shameless Panty shot...LMAO...This picture reminds me of the Gal Godot picture of her waking up in that Batman shirt. I can actually picture that happening a lot if they actually got together in the comics.I like the Idea that Diana is a bit of an exhibitionist, I remember Phil Jimenez writing and issue(I think it was WW #170) where she was talking with Lois and she said she Prays naked in the morning and she does sleep naked which makes sense given her background and believes. I can see her Waking up in Wayne Manor Naked and then taking a shirt or something.
1 x

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Some fun FanArt part 2

Mon May 08, 2017 11:36 am

ImageImage
0 x

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Some fun FanArt part 2

Mon May 08, 2017 4:53 pm

Just say this and I just can't help but laugh
0 x

ARB
Justice League

Some fun FanArt part 2

Mon May 08, 2017 10:28 pm

That.......looks painful :/
0 x

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Some fun FanArt part 2

Mon May 08, 2017 11:27 pm

ARB wrote:QR_BBPOST That.......looks painful :/
LMAO....it would be to any mere mortal but Diana can take it( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ....well actually she can't because she is particularity vulnerable to piercing objects( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)..... but you get the point ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

LOL alright I will stop. here is a cute Wonderbat pic to make it all right again:

...And after looking carefully at this pic I realize Batman is in handcuff and its definitely a sex think oh well I guess if you have too of the most sex-up character some sexing is bound to take place, This one is pretty cute too;

0 x

ARB
Justice League

Some fun FanArt part 2

Tue May 09, 2017 2:25 am

Well it seems Rucka's version of Diana is pretty susceptible to rifle bullets, so I'm not sure if the current Diana can hold a magical sword forged to kill gods between her buttocks. To be honest, I kinda prefer her that way. I hate it when Diana is just a gender bent Superman. She doesn't need to be a flying brick, or have a constant dick measuring contest with Clark. She already has many other skills to compensate.

That's the same reason why I like the fact that in the DCEU Diana can't fly (like her Millerverse counterpart). That to me serves to differentiate her from Superman, who's main shtick is being a flying brick. It also makes her skills more comparable to Bruce, which makes their sparring and mutual respect make more sense.
0 x

maelstron
Titan

Some fun FanArt part 2

Tue May 09, 2017 9:14 am

ARB wrote:QR_BBPOST Well it seems Rucka's version of Diana is pretty susceptible to rifle bullets, so I'm not sure if the current Diana can hold a magical sword forged to kill gods between her buttocks. To be honest, I kinda prefer her that way. I hate it when Diana is just a gender bent Superman. She doesn't need to be a flying brick, or have a constant dick measuring contest with Clark. She already has many other skills to compensate.

That's the same reason why I like the fact that in the DCEU Diana can't fly (like her Millerverse counterpart). That to me serves to differentiate her from Superman, who's main shtick is being a flying brick. It also makes her skills more comparable to Bruce, which makes their sparring and mutual respect make more sense.
I like Wonder Woman flying. on Whedon script for WW movie she ftakes a bullet for the first time and fall down. steve thinks she is dead but then she just show up, like she has quick heal. She can also block bullets easily, so not a problem
0 x
Batman/Wonder Woman thread on CBR
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... preciation!
New Rules on CBR, no tolerance of trolls and creeps in our thread

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Some fun FanArt part 2

Tue May 09, 2017 10:11 am

Yeah, I am also of this opinion I think it is best if people see the deference between Diana and the stereotypical Superhero skill set of Superman I like that she can be shot, stabbed and so on because her powers are magic base which some people tend to forget that Diana her self doesn't have any powers they were gifts from her god. I love that in the Year One story Rucka when't out of his way to show that she won the contest of champions before getting her powers from the gods which not only lends more credibility to her as a fighter and the best of her people but it should put to rest the idea that Superman and Wonder woman are the same and isolated because of their powers which makes no sense if you think about it from Wonder woman's point of view.

One of the reason I personally like the fact that wonder woman is different from all other superhero as far as how her powers work is that I like seeing her fight and get scratches and cuts it just makes her fight sequence more weightful and unique and you get the feeling she is relying on her skill as much as her might when fighting and not just winning by default cause she can't get hurt I like to think that Diana would still do her job if she didn't have powers and she doesn't naturally relies on them and only use them when necessary IDK I like seeing her just be normal until she is forced to use her powers and I like the idea that she enjoy using them to a degree like flying is more of a joy rather than a method of transportation(I would like her to get the invisible jet again preferably from Bruce) and when she is facing a strong foe she can even get really banged up and keep going it just makes her look unique to me;

0 x

Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Some fun FanArt part 2

Tue May 09, 2017 4:20 pm

ThatOneGuy wrote:QR_BBPOST Yeah, I am also of this opinion I think it is best if people see the deference between Diana and the stereotypical Superhero skill set of Superman I like that she can be shot, stabbed and so on because her powers are magic base which some people tend to forget that Diana her self doesn't have any powers they were gifts from her god. I love that in the Year One story Rucka when't out of his way to show that she won the contest of champions before getting her powers from the gods which not only lends more credibility to her as a fighter and the best of her people but it should put to rest the idea that Superman and Wonder woman are the same and isolated because of their powers which makes no sense if you think about it from Wonder woman's point of view.

One of the reason I personally like the fact that wonder woman is different from all other superhero as far as how her powers work is that I like seeing her fight and get scratches and cuts it just makes her fight sequence more weightful and unique and you get the feeling she is relying on her skill as much as her might when fighting and not just winning by default cause she can't get hurt I like to think that Diana would still do her job if she didn't have powers and she doesn't naturally relies on them and only use them when necessary IDK I like seeing her just be normal until she is forced to use her powers and I like the idea that she enjoy using them to a degree like flying is more of a joy rather than a method of transportation(I would like her to get the invisible jet again preferably from Bruce) and when she is facing a strong foe she can even get really banged up and keep going it just makes her look unique to me;

turning the Wonder Woman armour into Scalemail that's new at least.
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Some fun FanArt part 2

Tue May 09, 2017 6:44 pm

Yeah the scale armor looks cool as hell. A lot of people freak out about what Diana wears and many people have strong opinions on the topic regardless of the fact that most of them seem to not be fans of the characters or know much about her especially those people who keep on screaming that she should where pants but I have a different opinion I think Diana should have multiple Costumes for different occasions and she changes her look as necessary;

First her regular look for everyday appearances we have her Pre-New 52 look which I think is perfect the W shaped belt and the star spangled panties are perfect. One thing people tend to forget about WW is that she was made to be a sort of propaganda for a certain type of woman the type that was OK with wearing something like this; I like to think she enjoys what she wears and don't want to intimidate people with a more armored look so I think this is perfect I remember Phil Jimenez saying Diana is a sort of Drama queen you know the type of woman who loves to put on a show and I agree she should be flamboyant and larger than life and I feel this costume is perfect for that:

Then we have her armored look I think the battle skirt is perfect not only for historic accuracy but for move-ability and well it looks cool particular this design by Wonderbat fan jasric, she looks regal while still looking imposing and feminine. The shoulder guards are a nice touch and the under armor on her sleeves look cool the only think I would add are some protection for her legs(and maybe a cape Diana looks cool in a cape) but other than that I think this is the best looking wonder woman armor design:

Finally we have quite a odd entry but a necessary one that people don't talk about a lot I would like for Diana to have a Space armor/ Flight suit something she wears when on space missions with the Justice League for additional support because unlike Superman she can't breath is space and she needs air plus it could be use for communication plus it just look amazing.

Oh yeah and she should have special garments for ambassadoring and official stuff but you know that is a given:

0 x

ARB
Justice League

Some fun FanArt part 2

Sun May 14, 2017 7:38 pm

Art courtesy of Dan Moonstar (Dee_Stroyer).

What interests me the most about this picture (aside of how much truth is in it), is how appearantly the artist has been shipping WonderBat since 1989. There was barely any BMWW back then. Maybe the team up between Diana and Bruce during Brave and the Bold was what sold they idea to her...
2 x