Some fun FanArt part 2

Moderators: Chaosmob, Isis, DaisyJane
ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Some fun FanArt part 2

Sun May 14, 2017 10:50 pm

OMG...this is so pretty I think I have seen something similar to this before with people trying to divide BM and WW using these type of arguments cant find it though, I wonder how she feel knowing that Wonderbat might be close for the first time in years.
Couldn't find the image so here is a ripped Diana doing push ups.
0 x

ARB
Justice League

Some fun FanArt part 2

Mon May 15, 2017 12:56 am

This one ?

I've only seen this pic when I was searching the Internet for Phil Jimenez's comments on BMWW, and I managed to find both Phil's comment and the pic in the blog of our very own Gothamazon. That's how I managed to find it quickly.

Dee_Stroyer is pretty much in the same boat as the rest of us, slightly optimistic because of the ray of hope that the DCEU represents, but still pretty jaded after all these years of DC neglecting BMWW, especially with how prominent both Steve and Selina are right now in the comics. Shipping BMWW since 1989 has to be quite painful -___-
0 x

no avatar
ObiWanTran
Titan

Some fun FanArt part 2

Mon May 15, 2017 8:20 am

ARB wrote:QR_BBPOST This one ?

I've only seen this pic when I was searching the Internet for Phil Jimenez's comments on BMWW, and I managed to find both Phil's comment and the pic in the blog of our very own Gothamazon. That's how I managed to find it quickly.

Dee_Stroyer is pretty much in the same boat as the rest of us, slightly optimistic because of the ray of hope that the DCEU represents, but still pretty jaded after all these years of DC neglecting BMWW, especially with how prominent both Steve and Selina are right now in the comics. Shipping BMWW since 1989 has to be quite painful -___-
What did Phil say?
0 x

ARB
Justice League

Some fun FanArt part 2

Wed May 17, 2017 1:24 am

ObiWanTran wrote:QR_BBPOST What did Phil say?
While I am far more intrigued by a Batman/Wonder Woman pairing than a Superman/Batman pairing (and boy, have female readers gone after me for that over the years, citing Batman’s near insanity and misogyny over the years as totally incongruous with Wonder Woman’s romantic ideals), it must be said that while she doesn’t have to be “super good,” she IS good, and that good is okay.

Good doesn’t mean “not flawed.” It simply means that Wonder Woman, like Superman, is relatively incorruptible. We’ve seen her quick to anger, jealous, sad, make mistakes, be naïve, etc. – all very human mistakes. But she works far less well, as both character and as icon, when one tries to bring her humanity into sociopathic territory. She is good, she represents good, and that’s okay. I think the tendency to rail against “good heroes” says much more about the inherent distrust and resentment readers have toward such behavior than the characters themselves. Many of my fellow creators are in agreement that one of the things that makes Wonder Woman terrific is that when she walks into a room, her very spirit makes you want to be better; makes you want to be good, and do good, for yourself and for those around you. Her innate goodness matters because, in play, it inspires others to greater goodness. And if you’ve ever been with someone who does that (and I have), you know how potent a power that truly is.
0 x

Ddlo18
Titan

Some fun FanArt part 2

Wed May 17, 2017 10:41 pm

ARB wrote:QR_BBPOST
ObiWanTran wrote:QR_BBPOST What did Phil say?
While I am far more intrigued by a Batman/Wonder Woman pairing than a Superman/Batman pairing (and boy, have female readers gone after me for that over the years, citing Batman’s near insanity and misogyny over the years as totally incongruous with Wonder Woman’s romantic ideals), it must be said that while she doesn’t have to be “super good,” she IS good, and that good is okay.

Good doesn’t mean “not flawed.” It simply means that Wonder Woman, like Superman, is relatively incorruptible. We’ve seen her quick to anger, jealous, sad, make mistakes, be naïve, etc. – all very human mistakes. But she works far less well, as both character and as icon, when one tries to bring her humanity into sociopathic territory. She is good, she represents good, and that’s okay. I think the tendency to rail against “good heroes” says much more about the inherent distrust and resentment readers have toward such behavior than the characters themselves. Many of my fellow creators are in agreement that one of the things that makes Wonder Woman terrific is that when she walks into a room, her very spirit makes you want to be better; makes you want to be good, and do good, for yourself and for those around you. Her innate goodness matters because, in play, it inspires others to greater goodness. And if you’ve ever been with someone who does that (and I have), you know how potent a power that truly is.
Incredible analysis by Phil. Get this man writing WW please and thank you. I mean the guy just gets it. Though I'd love to see those other writers he claims hold the same belief.
0 x
"You're Strong"

"Really Boy Scout, you call that flirting"

"He's the New 52 Version,Princess, ignore him"

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Some fun FanArt part 2

Sat May 20, 2017 10:25 pm

Too rough for Batman?

1 x

ARB
Justice League

Some fun FanArt part 2

Sun May 21, 2017 3:51 am

Yeah that's a new one. Good to see new BMWW art still being made. We haven't been forgotten yet. That's one of the major aspects of why I love WonderBat. To me the relationship has always been about Diana and Bruce stating alongside each other, AND standing up against each other. Neither Diana nor Bruce pull their punches when dealing with each other, and that's why Diana is probably the only character who Bruce seems to be transparent with.

That equality extends to the way they treat each other, where Bruce never gets to act macho around Diana. That's not only shows how uncharacteristically comfortable Bruce is around Diana, but is also a great aspect of their relationship that balances out Bruce's usual Uber masculine image that writers like to use.

So I see this piece of art as an exaggeration of that same idea. I don't think Diana would ever take the lead in that fashion with Bruce, but it shows that the kind of equality that exist between Diana and Bruce is a huge point of appeal for other people as well, and not just me. I'm glad to see that, and it's a cute piece of art as well.
0 x

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Some fun FanArt part 2

Sun May 21, 2017 3:52 pm

Yep I love the equality aspect of Wonderbat its not a faux equivalents that others try to assign t the word, Batman may not be her physical equal and that OK people don't need to be the same to be considered equals and I think you get that with Wonderbat. I always think of Batman as the ultimate MAN so to speech at least in the landscape of the DC Universe he represents very masculine traits and his whole existence is very masculine in the purest form(tragedy, getting better throw trial and pain and of course his association with the warrior class with words like: Knight and Crusader its quite obvious) of the word not over done or "toxic" but his relationship with stereotypical masculinity cannot be ignored and Wonder woman is the Ultimate Woman because she was created to represent feminine ideals and embody them herself the whole love and submitting to love and so on are basic Wonder woman traits so Batman connecting with Wonder woman on a philosophical level always makes sense to me they are literally the embodiment of the two sexes in a way, at least to me, all this is oversimplifying quite a bit of coarse because they both have common traits too but I feel the point still stands.

I remember us having a convo about Diana being bigger than other woman and I think one of the reason I like her being big is just pure visual storytelling, I think it solidify the idea that she is the WOMAN just as Batman is the MAN Diana just the best when it comes to women. Diana is the champion of he Amazons a right she earned not because of power or birthright but by being the best just as batman trained to be the perfect man to be Batman so did Diana to be Wonder woman.

Think of a scenario where Diana is in Gotham at night the golden eagle on her chest stands out in the dark so does her star spangled panties and out of no where she is attacked by the Sirens, Ivy wrap her vines around her and cat woman and Harley stand before her and then she does nothing more than flexes her arms to rest on her hips and the vines are on the floor and then she shift her weight on one leg and her athletic(THICC) thighs contact and she does nothing more than look at the smaller women not with disgust but with a look that says I am disappointed in you sisters.

I most add I don't think this is necessary to do Diana justice as a character, I am not one of those people who hated Gal's casting just because she wasn't built like what I just describe the most important part of Wonder woman as a character is what she stand for and the old adage that any woman can be wonder woman(which is something people say about Batman too hmm...makes you think) is true wonder woman is an idea and what she stand for is the most important but with that being said I think one of the reasons I like her big is because I think of Bruce and Diana as more in line with Barbarianism and just raw animalism and physicality, remember Batman fighting ra's shirtless with a sword or that scene in DKR when we went to find himself naked in the cave? That is how I view Wonder woman also just a purely physical being if you put both character in the wild naked they will be fine because what makes them strong starts from the core they are warriors in the purest sense of the word. I have rambled on for too long Oh well.

0 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Tim Drake [Red Robin]

Some fun FanArt part 2

Mon May 22, 2017 4:55 pm

There's something really odd about the version of that pic you posted:

1 x

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Some fun FanArt part 2

Mon May 22, 2017 9:26 pm

MTVCCVC wrote:QR_BBPOST There's something really odd about the version of that pic you posted:

Yeah i think its the coloring or the inking to be exact, I knew Adam Hughes did the original but I wanted to keep in line with the "fan-art" topic but whatever I guess....
0 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Tim Drake [Red Robin]

Some fun FanArt part 2

Tue May 23, 2017 12:58 pm

It's the faces, too. They've been redone and, honestly, some are odd, even ugly.
0 x

no avatar
ObiWanTran
Titan

Some fun FanArt part 2

Tue May 23, 2017 1:32 pm

this one is pretty nice as well, really makes you wonder what batman and wonder woman's child could look like.
1 x

Aries
Site Admin
Justice League Membership: Nightwing

Re: Some fun FanArt part 2

Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:27 pm

2 x

Dick Grayson(Age 12)
Titan

Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:00 am

To the Invisible Jet!!
0 x
GL:So, what's going on between you and Diana?

Bats:Nothing. She's a respected colleague.

GL: Uh-huh.

- BMWW in a nutshell

Aries
Site Admin
Justice League Membership: Nightwing

Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:12 pm

2 x

ARB
Justice League

Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:03 pm

Aries wrote:
This is just awesome. I love casual Diana, especially with a Bat themed sweat jacket :heart:
0 x

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:45 pm

ARB wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:03 pm
Aries wrote:
This is just awesome. I love casual Diana, especially with a Bat themed sweat jacket :heart:
Yeah me too I like seeing her wear a jacket over her normal Wonder woman armor, maybe because I can actually see her doing it especially if she is wearing an overcoat something like what bruce would wear. I remember seeing her do something like that in the SM/WW book.
0 x

ARB
Justice League

Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:51 am

I want to murder whoever drew Diana's hips in this pic :evil:
Spoiler: Show
0 x

Ghost13
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Captain Marvel (Shazam)

Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:31 am

ARB wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:51 am
I want to murder whoever drew Diana's hips in this pic :evil:
Spoiler: Show
Holy shit, that looks dumb :x
0 x
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

― H.P. Lovecraft

ARB
Justice League

Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:44 pm

Ghost13 wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:31 am
Holy shit, that looks dumb :x
The idea could've been cute if the artstyle was better. Alas, the result is really off putting due to Diana's exaggerated proportions and weird face :T
0 x