Wonder Woman...from DeviantArt

Moderators: Chaosmob, Isis, DaisyJane
User avatar
ARB
Justice League
Posts: 1773
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:13 pm
x 483

Wonder Woman...from DeviantArt

Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:27 pm

Oh god all the WonderBat FEELZ.....I like the way Diana looks, but I think Bruce needs some work. His proportions seem a little bit off.
0 x
Image

User avatar
ThatOneGuy
Justice League
Posts: 1210
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:45 pm
x 270

Wonder Woman...from DeviantArt

Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:11 pm

Image
By; Kenneth Rocafort

Its suppose to be Wonder woman but it kinda looks like what a Wonderbat kid might look like, the black uniform more in line with batman plus the magic weapon evoking her amazon heritage which is different from the sword Wonder woman uses and the magic lasso bound to her skin it looks cool, great design I could imagine an else-world where BM and WW are king and queen and this is their daughter a more rebellious princess.
0 x

User avatar
ARB
Justice League
Posts: 1773
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:13 pm
x 483

Wonder Woman...from DeviantArt

Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:08 pm

ThatOneGuy wrote:QR_BBPOST Its suppose to be Wonder woman but it kinda looks like what a Wonderbat kid might look like, the black uniform more in line with batman plus the magic weapon evoking her amazon heritage which is different from the sword Wonder woman uses and the magic lasso bound to her skin it looks cool, great design I could imagine an else-world where BM and WW are king and queen and this is their daughter a more rebellious princess.
Yeah she really doesn't look like Diana at all. The boyish short hair does suggest this could be Di's daughter, and military-style pouches are quite similar to the Utility Belt in function and look, so I could totally see her being a BMWW kid. Oh god why do you have to put this into my head, now I'm thinking of a backstory for this WonderBat kid, and how she takes after Bruce in being hard headed and stubborn XC Although I don't see Bruce being a King (unless you're talking about a complete re-imagination). I honestly think the most realistic approach is something like the original pitch for the the JL Beyond 2.0 comic. Diana and Bruce having a kid, but then having to be separated due to Diana having to go back to rule Themyscira, and Bruce of course staying behind in Gotham, with the distance and responsibility slowly causing the two to drift apart.

Maybe later the young WonderBat kid will seek her daddy out, or a crisis happens that causes the family to reunite, and bring them closer again after Bruce sees his daughter all grown up, who decides to stay with him to act as the ambassador and new champion of Themyscira. So essentially the same story that was supposed to take place in the Beyond comics, just without the little detail about Diana having the kid in secret. I feel that's unnecessary. And now I'm pissed off again that we were so close to getting a great BMWW story, before DC went full DC and torpedoed the whole thing. We still got a decent story, but thinking about what could've been is just tough -__- This reminds me that Lord Superman is set to appear in the current "Multiplicity" arc of the Superman book, so the DCAU Universe might end up making a return after all.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Ddlo18
Titan
Posts: 833
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:37 pm
x 90

Wonder Woman...from DeviantArt

Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:59 pm

Image
Found this very amusing
1 x
"You're Strong"

"Really Boy Scout, you call that flirting"

"He's the New 52 Version,Princess, ignore him"

User avatar
ThatOneGuy
Justice League
Posts: 1210
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:45 pm
x 270

Wonder Woman...from DeviantArt

Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:42 am

Image
Image
Image

Literally the same scene depicted by 3 different artist always amazing seeing BMWW but I always appreciate the fact that it always comes of as classy and tasteful while being passionate at the same time. Sensuality is probably one thing that I think even BMWW detractors have to admit because they keep on attacking it on that basic I have even seen people claim BMWW is for women to self insert as WW which makes no sense.
0 x

User avatar
Dick Grayson(Age 12)
Titan
Posts: 503
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:18 pm
Location: Antarctica
x 59
Contact:

Wonder Woman...from DeviantArt

Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:26 am

Image
Cause I'm desperate for a team-up book.
0 x
GL:So, what's going on between you and Diana?

Bats:Nothing. She's a respected colleague.

GL: Uh-huh.

- BMWW in a nutshell

User avatar
Darkknightsvengence
Justice League
Posts: 6008
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:45 pm
Location: The Frozen Throne, Icecrown Citadel, Northrend
x 137

Wonder Woman...from DeviantArt

Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:47 am

Dick Grayson(Age 12) wrote:QR_BBPOST Image
Cause I'm desperate for a team-up book.
Stealth Fists.
0 x
Hail to the King Baby

User avatar
Adelaine
Justice League
Posts: 1223
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:42 am
Justice League Membership: Oracle
x 140

Wonder Woman...from DeviantArt

Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:24 am

ThatOneGuy wrote:QR_BBPOST Sensuality is probably one thing that I think even BMWW detractors have to admit because they keep on attacking it on that basic I have even seen people claim BMWW is for women to self insert as WW which makes no sense.
Occam's Razor: the simplest explanation is likely the true one. Personally I'd attribute it to Rule 34 and that a lot of people, talented artists included, regardless of gender, are ...pardon the terminology... horny bastards. It's human nature, plain and simple.

Oh, as a woman, WW self-insertion makes perfect sense. And I don't mean in just BMWW scenes either. This picture illustrates it best:
Image

ThatOneGuy, if you are confused why women would want to self-insert as WW in a BMWW context, remember the discussion we had about slash? If straight females can self-insert into characters who aren't even their own gender in explicit smut scenes, you can imagine how much easier it is to self-insert as WW.
1 x
There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit. — Ronald Reagan

User avatar
ThatOneGuy
Justice League
Posts: 1210
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:45 pm
x 270

Wonder Woman...from DeviantArt

Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:48 am

Adelaine wrote:QR_BBPOST ThatOneGuy, if you are confused why women would want to self-insert as WW in a BMWW context, remember the discussion we had about slash? If straight females can self-insert into characters who aren't even their own gender in explicit smut scenes, you can imagine how much easier it is to self-insert as WW.
Oh don't get me wrong I wasn't implying that it was a bad thing its just that others see it as a bad thing and a way to discredit BMWW as something merit less and base less in the process and the only reason BMWW is popular and BTW thanks for reminding me about that slash fic thing now I'm depressed again.
Image
Image
Image
3 x

User avatar
Adelaine
Justice League
Posts: 1223
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:42 am
Justice League Membership: Oracle
x 140

Wonder Woman...from DeviantArt

Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:39 pm

ThatOneGuy wrote:QR_BBPOST BTW thanks for reminding me about that slash fic thing now I'm depressed again.
Lol, sorry sir, didn't mean to. Those pictures are lovely, btw.

Ahaha, I drew the same pic as the first one, and I never saw that before today. Well, there you go, different artists drawing the same BMWW pose over and over.

https://adelainev.tumblr.com/post/15346 ... l-the-cute
0 x
There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit. — Ronald Reagan

User avatar
Chaosmob
Site Admin
Posts: 10102
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:15 pm
Justice League Membership: Plastic Man
Location: Thunder Bay Ontario Canada
x 50

Wonder Woman...from DeviantArt

Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:54 pm

I love it. Nice work Adelaine. :)
0 x
Can I have one more day? Every one I have left. My life is yours.
League membership: Plastic Man

User avatar
ARB
Justice League
Posts: 1773
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:13 pm
x 483

Wonder Woman...from DeviantArt

Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:51 pm

ThatOneGuy wrote:QR_BBPOST Literally the same scene depicted by 3 different artist always amazing seeing BMWW but I always appreciate the fact that it always comes of as classy and tasteful while being passionate at the same time. Sensuality is probably one thing that I think even BMWW detractors have to admit because they keep on attacking it on that basic I have even seen people claim BMWW is for women to self insert as WW which makes no sense.
You know what, I'm the kind of guy who puts the relationship dynamic and the value it brings to the characters above all else, and any fanservice should be earned before I could care for it......I do have to admit that Bruce and Diana do make a great looking couple. I agree that there's something classy about the two together. This is something that I always loved about BMWW compared to any other ship. I guess two people who're essentially royalty will have to look classy together, although I do prefer seeing Bruce out of costume, especially when Diana is concerned. I never really liked the whole "let's have sex in-costume" thing. Way too.....ghetto for my taste.

What's exactly the problem with female readers self-inserting themselves as WW ? I'm actually surprised some people have a problem with BMWW because it's for the female readers. I've never heard that complaint before. Also, what's stopping female readers from using Catwoman as a self-insert ? She's quite popular, maybe even more than WW at times (and I have a very good theory on why is that the case), so if all female readers want is a female character to identify with, there are plenty other than WW. Also, there's nothing wrong with BMWW catering to female readers, that's pretty awesome actually.

Beside, can people agree on why BMWW is so bad ? So it's for the female fans to use as a self-insert, but it's also for those slimy Batfanboys who want WW as a trophy/notch/hood ornament for Batman, and it's for those idiots who grew up watching the DCAU, AND it's also for Clois fans to use against SMWW.......seems to me like BMWW just pleases a lot of people that's all. Nothing wrong with that :/
Man I really love this art. It's so adorable :3
0 x
Image

User avatar
ThatOneGuy
Justice League
Posts: 1210
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:45 pm
x 270

Wonder Woman...from DeviantArt

Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:04 am

1 x

User avatar
ThatOneGuy
Justice League
Posts: 1210
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:45 pm
x 270

Wonder Woman...from DeviantArt

Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:15 am

ARB wrote:QR_BBPOST You know what, I'm the kind of guy who puts the relationship dynamic and the value it brings to the characters above all else, and any fanservice should be earned before I could care for it......I do have to admit that Bruce and Diana do make a great looking couple. I agree that there's something classy about the two together. This is something that I always loved about BMWW compared to any other ship. I guess two people who're essentially royalty will have to look classy together, although I do prefer seeing Bruce out of costume, especially when Diana is concerned. I never really liked the whole "let's have sex in-costume" thing. Way too.....ghetto for my taste.

What's exactly the problem with female readers self-inserting themselves as WW ? I'm actually surprised some people have a problem with BMWW because it's for the female readers. I've never heard that complaint before. Also, what's stopping female readers from using Catwoman as a self-insert ? She's quite popular, maybe even more than WW at times (and I have a very good theory on why is that the case), so if all female readers want is a female character to identify with, there are plenty other than WW. Also, there's nothing wrong with BMWW catering to female readers, that's pretty awesome actually.

Beside, can people agree on why BMWW is so bad ? So it's for the female fans to use as a self-insert, but it's also for those slimy Batfanboys who want WW as a trophy/notch/hood ornament for Batman, and it's for those idiots who grew up watching the DCAU, AND it's also for Clois fans to use against SMWW.......seems to me like BMWW just pleases a lot of people that's all. Nothing wrong with that :/
Agree with you 100% I always kinda like the fact that women tend to like BMWW because I think it shows that it can be enjoyed by everyone and not just the stereotypical "Fanboy" crowd that SMWW tends to attract I always saw BMWW as the patricians Ship classy and elegant and respected by most especially writers and artist

I don't like the costume sex thing either it just strike me as impersonal and devoid of emotion which ironically is how i view Batman and Catwoman's relationship. What is your theory as to why Catwoman is more popular than Wonder woman? BMWW is just the perfect it upsets the right people and comfort the right ones....lol....jk.
0 x

User avatar
Adelaine
Justice League
Posts: 1223
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:42 am
Justice League Membership: Oracle
x 140

Wonder Woman...from DeviantArt

Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:50 am

ThatOneGuy wrote:QR_BBPOST What is your theory as to why Catwoman is more popular than Wonder woman?
Understood this isn't directed at me, but it's an open forum.

Imo it's because by far Batman is the most popular superhero, and catwoman is his traditional love interest? How many movie incarnations has catwoman had over our beloved WW? Catwoman has graced the silver screen with no less than four incarnations since 1966, while Wondy only has Gal Gadot. Eh, CW got her own movie a full decade before WW did (nevermind that it was a horrible movie, the point is she got one).
0 x
There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit. — Ronald Reagan

User avatar
Ddlo18
Titan
Posts: 833
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:37 pm
x 90

Wonder Woman...from DeviantArt

Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:57 am

Adelaine wrote:
ThatOneGuy wrote:QR_BBPOST What is your theory as to why Catwoman is more popular than Wonder woman?
Understood this isn't directed at me, but it's an open forum.

Imo it's because by far Batman is the most popular superhero, and catwoman is his traditional love interest? How many movie incarnations has catwoman had over our beloved WW? Catwoman has graced the silver screen with no less than four incarnations since 1966, while Wondy only has Gal Gadot. Eh, CW got her own movie a full decade before WW did (nevermind that it was a horrible movie, the point is she got one).
This. And I also believe this generation of readers prefer characters who don't have powers, who are in the gray zone when it comes to their morals, and who are dark and mysterious. Plus CW is a much more seductive character then WW is, which I think contributes a ton.

This is my theory on why Supes has lost popularity as well. People now are starting to move away from that "Golden Boy" idealistic hero. They don't find those qualities appealing anymore. They like the anti-hero/ grey zone superhero.
0 x
"You're Strong"

"Really Boy Scout, you call that flirting"

"He's the New 52 Version,Princess, ignore him"

User avatar
ThatOneGuy
Justice League
Posts: 1210
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:45 pm
x 270

Wonder Woman...from DeviantArt

Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:26 pm

OK I hear what you guys are saying its just a matter of seeing her more than WW(I think it was ARB who said that fans will get accustomed to anything if they see it enough and all we need to get BMWW more popular is for DC to do it at-least once) and her more seductive and sexy nature which I agree with to a point but this is as it relates to batman and his relationship with her but why is she more popular than WW overall as a character?
Image
0 x

User avatar
ThatOneGuy
Justice League
Posts: 1210
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:45 pm
x 270

Wonder Woman...from DeviantArt

Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:44 pm

Ddlo18 wrote:QR_BBPOST This. And I also believe this generation of readers prefer characters who don't have powers, who are in the gray zone when it comes to their morals, and who are dark and mysterious. Plus CW is a much more seductive character then WW is, which I think contributes a ton.

This is my theory on why Supes has lost popularity as well. People now are starting to move away from that "Golden Boy" idealistic hero. They don't find those qualities appealing anymore. They like the anti-hero/ grey zone superhero.
IDK if I agree with this I don't think people overall have decided that "Perfect Characters" are lame and Dark and gritty is automatically better I just think people want good stories to read, Superman have lost popularity because he haven't been written in a manner that appeals to a lot of people its not because people hate "Hope" as if Superman has a monopoly on such a abstract concept. What about Capt.America people seem to love him especially Chris Evans Cap and he is as perfect as it gets, The man is even a Virgin Geez you cant get more pure than Cap. I always see Superman fans blame Superman's decline in popularity on people and them not wanting "HOPE" and it always strikes me as projecting, even Wonder Woman represents hope especially to me as I am a big fan of her and she is a idealistic character, Batman too. What I will admit though is that people tend to think that making something Dark and Gritty automatically makes it good that is the problem we have Batman is a dark character but it isn't what makes him a good character many factors go into making a good character not just the tone.
Image
0 x

User avatar
Adelaine
Justice League
Posts: 1223
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:42 am
Justice League Membership: Oracle
x 140

Wonder Woman...from DeviantArt

Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:27 pm

Ddlo18 wrote:QR_BBPOST This is my theory on why Supes has lost popularity as well. People now are starting to move away from that "Golden Boy" idealistic hero. They don't find those qualities appealing anymore. They like the anti-hero/ grey zone superhero.
I think I disagree a little bit about this. My thoughts are basically what ThatOneGuy said.

The MCU Captain America is very popular. I have seen backlash when he is briefly portrayed to go into the gray area of morality. Dark and gritty doesn't always make something good.

I think Supes has lost his popularity simply because he hasn't been written well recently.
0 x
There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit. — Ronald Reagan

User avatar
Ddlo18
Titan
Posts: 833
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:37 pm
x 90

Wonder Woman...from DeviantArt

Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:35 pm

Ok I can get down with those thoughts, but you could make the argument that the BM series is currently the worst written character out of the trinity at the moment but yet still blows WW and SM in terms of sales, why is that the case?
0 x
"You're Strong"

"Really Boy Scout, you call that flirting"

"He's the New 52 Version,Princess, ignore him"

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests