Batman: HUSH Animated Film

RadicalLogic
Teen Titan

Batman: HUSH Animated Film

Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:00 pm

Anyone else seen this? It's RADICALLY different from the comic and not in a good way, IMO. I'm not sure why they even kept it in the New 52 verse, considering both Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill expressed interest in doing it.

Oh yeah and Bruce/Selina overload. I'm not sure how DC consistently makes this pairing boring in the animated films but they are absolutely succeeding.
0 x
"Garlic deodorant. Jason says it wards off vampires up to ten feet away." - Black Canary

"I suspect it can ward off humans up to a hundred." - Batman

ISAK
Titan

Re: Batman: HUSH Animated Film

Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:53 pm

Every little changes they made to the original story-line was for the worse. Pretty much everyone, specially the ones that serve to remind the audience that this movie takes place in their shared universe that started with Justice League: War.
Honestly, i don't know why they're keep this shared universe. I really don't. I hope the upcoming Wonder Woman animated movie isn't a part of it, because dear God... i'm dreading it if that is the case.
1 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Tim Drake [Red Robin]

Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:55 pm

That sounds dissapointing.

Can you spoil the changes for me? I'm kind of on the fence about watching it at all now.
0 x

ISAK
Titan

Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:18 pm

MTVCCVC wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:55 pm
That sounds dissapointing.

Can you spoil the changes for me? I'm kind of on the fence about watching it at all now.
Spoiler: Show
Half of it is dedicated to Batman and Catwoman making out.
Dr. Thomas Elliot is just there as a red hearing to bait the viewers that know the story, He's not even Hush.
Joker's first appearance in the DCAMU is wasted. Joker could've been replaced by anyone else.
Batman almost breaks his code because Joker "killed" Thomas.
Hush here is actually the Riddler, and that's the big TWEEST of the animated movie. Riddler is introduced too late and has far too little screen-time for the reveal to work. He literally shows up moments before the big reveal.
The Riddler eventually kills off Thomas, but it doesn't work emotionally because Thomas is introduced in a very poor manner. You're unable to feel the friendship between Bruce and Thomas or care about Thomas. Batman's absolute rage over Thomas's death doesn't work, since we only see the two exchange a couple of sentences with each other on screen at the beginning.
As it is, both Thomas and the Riddler feel pointless, and they could have cut either one of them to give the screen time for the other. Thomas doesn't work as a red-hearing for those that don't know the story nor as an emotional punch because he has so few little screen-time. Riddler doesn't work as a big tweest because he's introduced moments prior the big reveal and have almost no screen time other his kung-fu time. Yes, the Riddler fights Batman physically with martial arts.
Riddler's treated as a C-list villain who gets no respect by others. Pretty much mocked as a shitty villain by the writers.
Riddler have an awful, awful design with the question mark scarred on his forehead.
Riddler's entire Lazarus pit quest is an off-screen accomplishment. Hell, the entire League of Assassins subplot is literally done off-screen.
Barbara, with the Burnside Batgirl costume, takes Huntress place. Damian, as Robin as usual, take Tim place. None of them do anything of useful.
Dick, as Nightwing, keeps on getting shit on as usual in these DCAMU animated movies.
Superman scene is awful. Superman is back to his douche self from Justice League: War and they make a point of remembering you that Superman and Batman aren't friends because of their fight in Justice League: War.
Catwoman in the end kills the Riddler after everything he tried to pull, and Batman dumps her because of his code, which is hilarious due to the earlier scene with the Joker and the fact that the Bat-Family killed tons of people in Batman: Bad Blood.
0 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Tim Drake [Red Robin]

Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:59 pm

Well, that settles it. Avoiding that one. Maybe 6 months down the line I might watch it for the trainwreck appeal.
Christ, what bullshit.
1 x

The_GD_Patman
Titan

Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:26 pm

MTVCCVC wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:59 pm

Well, that settles it. Avoiding that one. Maybe 6 months down the line I might watch it for the trainwreck appeal.
Christ, what bullshit.
Same. Thanks for saving me some time everyone! Haha.
0 x
“These characters were like twelve-bar blues or other chord progressions. Given the basic parameters of Batman, different creators could play very different music.”
― Grant Morrison

ARB
Justice League

Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:37 pm

Man, we're still in the dark timeline, huh ?
ISAK wrote:
Catwoman in the end kills the Riddler after everything he tried to pull, and Batman dumps her because of his code, which is hilarious due to the earlier scene with the Joker and the fact that the Bat-Family killed tons of people in Batman: Bad Blood.
LOL that's definitely what Batman does to killers XD I'm sure they'll be back together in no time. Since when did corpses stand in the way of true love ? Not to Batman, at least.

I can't believe that there are some clowns out there who claim that DCAU's Batman was "out of character", and that this garbage is what Batman should be.
2 x

RadicalLogic
Teen Titan

Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:28 am

ARB wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:37 pm
Man, we're still in the dark timeline, huh ?
ISAK wrote:
LOL that's definitely what Batman does to killers XD I'm sure they'll be back together in no time. Since when did corpses stand in the way of true love ? Not to Batman, at least.

I can't believe that there are some clowns out there who claim that DCAU's Batman was "out of character", and that this garbage is what Batman should be.
Yeah, that particular scene was almost as tone-deaf as Nolan's Batman, where Bruce kills people by the dozen and then moralizes about how every life is sacred five minutes later. I kind of liked the
"Hush is actually Riddler"
twist if only because
Hush is a godawful character and seeing him get knocked down a peg and make Hush fans mad
was hilarious. Which probably isn't a good reason, now that I think about it.
0 x
"Garlic deodorant. Jason says it wards off vampires up to ten feet away." - Black Canary

"I suspect it can ward off humans up to a hundred." - Batman

ARB
Justice League

Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:20 pm

RadicalLogic wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:28 am
Yeah, that particular scene was almost as tone-deaf as Nolan's Batman, where Bruce kills people by the dozen and then moralizes about how every life is sacred five minutes later. I kind of liked the
"Hush is actually Riddler"
twist if only because
Hush is a godawful character and seeing him get knocked down a peg and make Hush fans mad
was hilarious. Which probably isn't a good reason, now that I think about it.
The thing is that nothing Catwoman will ever do will matter. She will always be pushed as Batman's one and only, no matter how absurd her actions are. Batman would never tolerate Talia murdering people, but that's fine because DC isn't trying to push their relationship down our throats. Catwoman on the other hand is a criminal and will always be a criminal, so the only solution is to neuter Batman's character to allow for the relationship to continue being pushed.

This is not even the first time something like this happens. She also murdered Black Mask in the comics, and that went without any repercussions either. Nothing about Catwoman matters outside BatCat, and so nothing she could ever do will matter.
0 x

Apolaki
Titan

Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:23 pm

Damn, was looking forward to this one too.
0 x
"All men have limits. They learn what they are and learn not to exceed them. I ignore mine." - Batman