Justice League Dark: Apokolips War

ISAK
Titan

Justice League Dark: Apokolips War

Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:41 pm

It seems that this one is going to be the last one. If true, finally.
0 x

no avatar
Morgan banefort
Teen Titan

Re: Justice League Dark: Apokolips War

Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:21 pm

I hope not I may hate how they ruined hush but still like the idea of a connected universe
0 x

Ghost13
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Captain Marvel (Shazam)

Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:06 pm

I kinda like the idea of a connected universe as well. Also, it looks like they aged up Damian and have him and Raven be a couple. Which I also find interesting.
0 x
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

― H.P. Lovecraft

ISAK
Titan

Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:36 pm

You can have a connected universe of animated movies that isn't made up of terrible movies, you know.
0 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Tim Drake [Red Robin]

Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:07 am

I loved the connected universe of BTAS, STAS, BB and JLU. Those were fun times, some hiccups aside.
0 x

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:57 pm

I have no idea why they keep on making these movie's for the life of me I can't imagine they're profitable because they're sure as hell not good. I absolutely hate the art style and the animation not to mention the voice acting. Seriously who likes these movie's?
0 x

ISAK
Titan

Tue May 05, 2020 7:51 pm

OH MY FUCKING GOD! WHY? WHY?!
0 x

Ghost13
Justice League

Wed May 06, 2020 1:21 pm

Saw the film. Yeah, it wasn´t really good. Fortunately the ending does confirm that
Spoiler: Show
this was probably the last of these movies unless they make one that takes place before it.
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

ARB
Justice League

Fri May 08, 2020 7:00 pm

Could someone just spoil this movie ? I haven't seen it and I don't have much interest in watching it but I'm interested in knowing what's everyone freakin' about.
0 x

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Fri May 08, 2020 10:34 pm

Everyone dies and Darkseid wins. To be precise everyone dies in grosoom fashion. Barry is forced to reboot the universe in Flashpoint fashion. I was not expecting it, I don't think it was a good movies or anything but at least they went out with a bang.
0 x

RadicalLogic
Teen Titan

Tue May 12, 2020 1:25 am

ARB wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 7:00 pm
Could someone just spoil this movie ? I haven't seen it and I don't have much interest in watching it but I'm interested in knowing what's everyone freakin' about.
Everyone acts like a moron and predictably ends up dying because of it. They tried to make it into some epic ending like Infinity War but it just ended up going out with a whimper. There are moments that especially left a bad taste in my mouth like
Spoiler: Show
Zatanna dying horribly because of a contingency plan by Batman to abandon her for John Constantine to survive. It was incredibly out of character for Bruce.
0 x
"Garlic deodorant. Jason says it wards off vampires up to ten feet away." - Black Canary

"I suspect it can ward off humans up to a hundred." - Batman

ARB
Justice League

Tue May 12, 2020 2:10 am

Goddamn it. Who at DC decided that Constantine has to be the next hot thing ? I've noticed how desperate DC seems to be to push him but for the life of me I don't see why they picked him. I guess with Dr. Strange's success DC is looking to have their own sorcerer character and Dr. Fate just doesn't fit the bill. Introducing Constantine into the mainstream DCU was one of the biggest mistakes the N52 did, and just as I feared they turned Zatanna, one of my favorite DC characters, into an accessory to him despite the fact that she's the much older character.

It amazes me how DC continues to mishandle their characters over and over again, almost in the same exact fashion every time, without ever learning a single thing. At least this is the end of this god forsaken N52 Animated verse. Whatever comes next will hopefully be better, not that it's much of a high bar in the first place.
0 x

DaisyJane
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Donna Troy

Tue May 12, 2020 9:44 am

Do you read Justice League Dark. I really love the WW and Zatanna team up there and Zatanna is bad ass. She literally cut her mouth open when Circe magically sealed it shut. I think putting WW with the magical team works so much better than having Batman (much as I love Batman) as she is a mystical character who isn't necessarily magical but has that aspect to her character that gets explored in the book. Her portrayal in this book is better than anything in the current books (though she is great in JL) and much better than her solo which I just gave up on again.
0 x
FU DC

ARB
Justice League

Tue May 12, 2020 8:10 pm

Nope haven't checked that out. I never thought Batman should be a member of JLD despite the fact that I do believe the occult and supernatural should always be a part of the character. Batman can definitely have a place in JLD-type stories every once in a while, which is why I thought his inclusion in the first JLD animated movie made perfect sense given his familiarity with most of the team members and some of the stuff he deals with. The movie of course proceeded to pretty much waste him but that's beside the point.

Diana too I can easily see taking part in some JLD escapades. However I've always envisioned her as more of a "high fantasy" character rather than the dark fantasy/occult stuff that the JLD typically deals with, but I could certainly see her fitting into the team if a writer had the right idea. In any case, I'd rather see Diana being the main character of JLD rather than Constantine, if that counts for anything. I'll probably check out some of the TPB for Tynion's run to see what he'd done with it.
0 x

BatsGeek
Teen Titan

Tue May 12, 2020 9:30 pm

That bad, huh? Well, I'll be adding this to my list of trash I'll never watch...sitting right beside JL War
0 x

ThatOneGuy
Justice League

Wed May 13, 2020 3:21 pm

I think DC will go the Rebirth route after this or they will go back to more original animated movie and scrap the whole connected universe concept.
0 x

no avatar
Morgan banefort
Teen Titan

Wed May 13, 2020 4:52 pm

ThatOneGuy wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 3:21 pm
I think DC will go the Rebirth route after this or they will go back to more original animated movie and scrap the whole connected universe concept.
I hope that means we get better adaptations of the court of owls and hush
0 x

Ghost13
Justice League

Wed May 13, 2020 5:23 pm

I think I would like a good adaptation of Knightfall. Maybe they can do that with the modern Batfamily instead of the old?
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

ARB
Justice League

Thu May 14, 2020 4:08 am

I am honestly over having straight adaptations of story arcs into animated movies. I didn't actually mind the way they did things with the N52 movies. A connected universe with stories inspired by comic book arcs rather than being 1:1 adaptations was a decent way of going about it, it's just that they sucked at pulling it off.

I'm personally sick of disconnected stories. Some of the worst problems that DC is facing today is due to their awkward realization of the shared continuity concept and their insistence on segregating characters for no good reasons. The DCAU managed to do it flawlessly when it didn't even start that way, so why is it so difficult to do it now both in animated and live action movies ?

I think the solution of segregating the characters that many are calling for is just avoiding the issue rather than addressing the core problems that current DC is having. There's nothing wrong with having a shared universe, it's just that DC's backwards implementation of it is killing the idea despite how easy and natural it is to implement. There is a reason why Marvel never struggled with it.
0 x

DaisyJane
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Donna Troy

Thu May 14, 2020 9:55 am

I think part of it is when you get into the animation and movies now you are also dealing with Warner Bros. and tv and movie executives are kind of terrible themselves. So if no one has a vision what you are going to get is mediocre at best and a pile of shit most likely. DCAU worked because Bruce Timm had a vision and he stuck to it and didn't listen to the powers that be.
0 x
FU DC