Political thoughts, views, and standpoints here...

DaisyJane
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Donna Troy

Re: Political thoughts, views, and standpoints here...

Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:25 am

Please make "1984" fiction again. This is modern day book burning.
0 x
FU DC

MTVCCVC
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Tim Drake [Red Robin]

Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:05 pm

I realize it's a bit weird for me, a non-american, to be commenting on this, but:

Berkeley elementary schools, Washington and Jefferson, to be renamed in response to Black Lives Matter push
https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/06/17/ ... %20schools.

Thomas Jefferson statue in front of Portland high school is downed by protesters as several monuments linked to slavery are defaced and removed during demonstrations
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... sters.html

Back a year or so ago when the whole mess with banning the confederate flag and removing statues of confederate generals was going on, I said it was a major mistake to do so and to allow it. Some young and green behind the ears people told me I had no idea what I was talking about, that I shouldn't be defending racists and that the statue was not being destroyed, just moved to a museum.

Back then, I said before anyone, including Orange Man Bad himself that it wouldn't stop there. Eventually, the exact same people who started that shit would inevitably come after the founding fathers for being slave owners and want to remove and rewrite history, not to make it more accurate, but to sanitize it or rewrite it the way they want.

Despite what it might seem at times, I am not historically illiterate. I am fairly well versed when it comes to how moral authoritarians operate. They always hide behind a noble or at least perceived noble goal, while in reality trying to re-engineer the world in their image.

Back when my former president removed the bust of Tito, the communist leader, from the hallways of the presidential office, I was against it and still am. Furthermore, if it was up to me, i'd return that and put in the bust of Pavelić, the fascist leader, because history needs to be remembered, the good and the bad. Maybe if we had the faces of our sins staring us directly in the face, we wouldn't fall into the comfortable delusion that we are so much better, righteous and correct.

If this isn't stopped right now, what follows is going to be even worse. With every concession, these kind of people are emboldened more and more.
Blue checkmarks have already openly twated about conservatives needing to be rehabilitated and not allowed to be politicians, cops, teachers or bosses.

Reasonable people need to start taking a step back, telling the lunatics to shut up and get off the stage and start having a conversation somewhere in the middle. If people keep going further and further to the extremes and designating their opposition as more and more evil, deranged and irrevocable, the end result will be very, very bloody.

Not to long ago, the go to insult and insinuation of moral failing was calling someone or their opinion "right-wing". This is but the inevitable evolution of that very sentiment, which I also predicted back then, but didn't think it would escalate this far, this quickly.

To be clear, I'm not saying that ANTIFA should be ostracized and prevented from speaking, same as for whatever supposed far-right group is their opposite. They should be alowed to speak, but society needs to tell them in no uncertain terms: We hear you. You are wrong!" and they should be arrested when they instigate and commit violence and riots.
One cannot have a civil and productive conversation without order.
0 x

DaisyJane
Justice League

Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:18 pm

I couldn't agree more. But the left wants to burn it all down and replace it with whatever crazy vision they have. They have been waiting for an incident like George Floyd to start their campaign. The radicals are very well organized and now everyone is bending the knee to prove they are good people who are against racism. As history has shown any appeasement will only strengthen them and will never be enough. But then again, American children and students are no longer taught history so they really have no idea.
0 x
FU DC

Ghost13
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Captain Marvel (Shazam)

Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:32 pm

Back when my former president removed the bust of Tito, the communist leader, from the hallways of the presidential office, I was against it and still am. Furthermore, if it was up to me, i'd return that and put in the bust of Pavelić, the fascist leader, because history needs to be remembered, the good and the bad. Maybe if we had the faces of our sins staring us directly in the face, we wouldn't fall into the comfortable delusion that we are so much better, righteous and correct.
Isn´t that what memorials to the victims are for?

I wonder how many slavery victims memorials America has in comparison to Confederate General memorials. To me it always seems America is better at celebrating itself than looking its sins in the face.
0 x
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

― H.P. Lovecraft

DaisyJane
Justice League

Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:43 pm

Ghost have you ever been to America? Because if all your information about America comes from media and CNN then there is a lot you don't know. I don't want to forget the sins of the past because if you do you don't know how far you have come. I would never claim America is a perfect place but it is a good place to live and I believe in the ideas that our the core of our republic. The past is there as a reminder that we always need to be striving to be better.
0 x
FU DC

Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:46 pm

Why does it feel like these assholes are on a mission to ruin everything I love?

https://www.thegamer.com/dungeon-dragon ... s-twitter/

How dare there be whole races (species really) of evil monsters in a FANTASY setting?! Fuck these people.
0 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

Ghost13
Justice League

Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:58 am

Ghost have you ever been to America? Because if all your information about America comes from media and CNN then there is a lot you don't know.
No, I´ve never been to America, sadly. I don´t watch CNN.

So Female-Thor didn´t suck that badly after all?
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:58 am

Judging from the Croatian media outlets and some European news media I've watched on occasion, you might as well have watched CNN. They all tow and parrot each others lines.
FFS, a lot of their reports are reports of what CNN or whatever alphabet news corp is reporting.
0 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:07 am

Ghost13 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:58 am

So Female-Thor didn´t suck that badly after all?
Maybe, but those numbers are pretty weak Only thing that saves face for it is that the industry in a horrible state and most comics are barely selling.
They used to cancel books that sold under 50000 issues. Now you've got books that don't even crack the 10k mark.

As for quality, who knows. I haven't read it and have no desire to.
0 x

Ghost13
Justice League

Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:15 pm

MTVCCVC wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:58 am
Judging from the Croatian media outlets and some European news media I've watched on occasion, you might as well have watched CNN. They all tow and parrot each others lines.
FFS, a lot of their reports are reports of what CNN or whatever alphabet news corp is reporting.
If the German media is that bad, what should I be watching?
Maybe, but those numbers are pretty weak Only thing that saves face for it is that the industry in a horrible state and most comics are barely selling.
They used to cancel books that sold under 50000 issues. Now you've got books that don't even crack the 10k mark.
Well, compared to how comics are selling these days the numbers aren´t that weak. And if you believe a certain group of people it was a complete failure.
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:57 pm

Ghost13 wrote:
If the German media is that bad, what should I be watching?
You should watch the media, but you should take everything they say with a grain of salt the size of a house. If for no other reason to see how they are bullshitting you so you can point it out to people who need to realize it.

As for other sources, you should try to have watch as many independent sources as you can. A good place to start would be people the media tell you you should never watch under any circumstance. That said, I don't have the time to do so, I don't imagine you have much more of it.

Try Joe Rogan's podcasts. I think they are pretty good and Joe is a pretty good mirror into the mind of the average person.

However, more than that, you have one of the best things you could have right here. Why not ask DJ, Grendle, TA and other americans on the forum on their opinions on any story that you find interesting enough in the regular media or you hear on the anti-social media.
Ghost13 wrote:
Well, compared to how comics are selling these days the numbers aren´t that weak. And if you believe a certain group of people it was a complete failure.
A person who gets a 50% grade technically did better than a person who got a 40% grade. They still failed, though.
0 x

Ghost13
Justice League

Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:34 am

Try Joe Rogan's podcasts. I think they are pretty good and Joe is a pretty good mirror into the mind of the average person.
You mean "The Joe Rogan Experience"?
A person who gets a 50% grade technically did better than a person who got a 40% grade. They still failed, though.
Maybe, but the way it was presented was still wrong. Espacially because it allegedly sold badly because "womenz".
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

Ghost13
Justice League

Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:48 pm

Lol He makes a good point...
0 x

― H.P. Lovecraft

no avatar
Morgan banefort
Teen Titan

Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:35 am

What's every one's opinion on the black lives matter movement
0 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:49 am

At this point in time, BLM has either become or been taken over by cynical political operatives that are using the movement to push the inter-sectional political ideology/cult under the guise of more noble causes and are funneling funds into organizations that send that money to a particular political party.

They are also, willingly and wittingly or not, providing cover for the rioters, vandals and insurgent LARP-ers, at which point i no longer care about their peaceful protest.

I've been saying it for a long time now. You have to police your own, before you you can police others.
0 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:57 pm

Well, this didn't take very fucking long.

Young mom, Jessica Doty Whitaker , 24, shot dead ‘after telling Black Lives Matter protesters “all lives matter” during argument about movement’

https://www.the-sun.com/news/1125847/mo ... -argument/

So, yeah... Fuck BLM. Fuck the retards that charged up the conversation about "all lives mater" as being hate speech.

If this happened to my wife, i would kill every single motherfucker flying the blm or antifa flag i come across.

If this story ends up being retracted, then i will also retract my statement of disapprorval. Until then, they can all go to hell.
Peaceful protesters do not kill people.
0 x

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:07 pm

Oh this is delicious! :grin:

Hollywood's identity crisis: Actors, writers and producers warn of 'reverse racism' in the film industry which has created a 'toxic' climate for anyone who is a white, middle-age man

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ustry.html
A revolution is under way. White actors are being fired. Edicts from studio bosses make it clear that only minorities – racial and sexual – can be given jobs.

A new wave of what has been termed by some as anti-white prejudice is causing writers, directors and producers to fear they will never work again. One described the current atmosphere as 'more toxic than Chernobyl', with leading actors afraid to speak out amid concern they will be labelled racist.
:scared:
Peele is more vocal than most about his hiring policy, but his outlook is increasingly widespread. Dozens of producers, writers and actors have spoken to The Mail on Sunday about the wave of 'reverse racism' pulsing through the industry.

speaking on condition of anonymity, the executive confirmed that the climate is now toxic for any 'white, middle-aged man in showbusiness'. Their careers, 'are pretty much over'.

They continued: 'We're only hiring people of colour, women or LGBT to write, star, produce, operate the cameras, work in craft services. If you are white, you can't speak out because you will instantly be branded 'racist' or condemned for 'white privilege'.
Oh no! Who could have possibly seen this coming?! :scared:
An actor in his 50s who has worked on some of the biggest shows of the past 20 years described how, during a recent audition, the casting director told him he was 'perfect for the part' but that they had been instructed to hire 'a person of colour' for the role. 'I get it, I really do,' the actor said.

'I understand Hollywood still has a long way to go before people of colour are properly represented on screen but how am I supposed to pay my mortgage, put food on the table? Everyone is terrified. And you can't say anything because then you set yourself up for public crucifixion.'
Well, tough tities. You just agreed to their moral values right there. You have no right to complain about anything. Guess you'll just have to learn to code or something.
Dismissing such complaints, however quietly expressed, Selma director Ava DuVernay, now one of the most powerful black women in Hollywood, wrote on Twitter: 'Everyone has a right to their opinion. And we – black producers with hiring power – have the right not to hire those who diminish us.

'So, to the white men in this thread… if you don't get that job you were up for, kindly remember… bias can go both ways. This is 2020 speaking.'
That sounds perfectly noble and not at all vengeful.
It might seem an irony, then, that Hollywood has long been seen as the heart of liberal America. Leading figures from the industry have a reputation for lecturing the world on issues of human rights, diversity and the environment, from George Clooney's campaign to end the genocide in Darfur to Leonardo DiCaprio's missives on global warming.

But 'wokeness' is not only increasingly pervasive, it seems impossible to navigate. Killing Eve's Jodie Comer – celebrated for playing a bisexual assassin – last week faced intense criticism on social media for dating US sportsman James Burke, said to be a card-carrying Trump supporter, solely on the basis that he supported the President.

And Halle Berry had to apologise for 'considering' taking on the role of a transgender man in a forthcoming film project (instead of leaving it to a real transgender man).

Such is the culture shift that one studio is now preparing to shoot a film with an all-black cast and crew – a project which should normally give cause for celebration.
But when a white woman, a highly respected executive, was tasked to 'oversee' the production on location, she was told she would receive no on-screen credit.
Imagine that, now that it's finally biting them in the ass, now it's problematic. Back when normal people were suffering the same and worse, it was just treatment for bigots.
'We're sending this woman, who is brilliant, to run things on the ground. But she won't get any title credit. People won't admit it, they can't admit it, but reverse racism is definitely going on. You could argue that it's a good thing, that this swinging of the pendulum so far the other way is only fair after years of white privilege. But at what cost? Surely it is best for everyone if people are hired on the basis of talent and ability? I can tell you, we are hiring people based purely on their ethnicity, gender and social-media profiles.
Oh, now meritocracy is a good thing? Now it's not just a code word for alt-right capitalism?

... And so on and so on. This became a dead horse beating multiple paragraphs ago, but I just can help it. The Schadenfreude is just to sweet.

To be clear, on matter of personal principle, I do not agree with what's happening, but I do revel in these people getting hoisted by their own petard, which is justice of its own kind, in a way.

I'm only truly sorry for people like DJ's husband who are going to be caught in the crossfire, through no fault of their own.
0 x

DaisyJane
Justice League

Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:15 pm

Thanks MTV. But we’ve seen this coming for a while now and have been planning for the eventuality. It helps that we don’t buy into the Hollywood bullshit.
0 x
FU DC

Grendle1853
Justice League
Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:02 pm

I've heard of one idea that states that this might lead to Hollywood losing its death grip on media a bit, and other spots such as Philadelphia rising to fill the void as far as shows and movies are concerned. I have no idea if that is at all realistic or even possible, but it would be interesting.
0 x
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.

MTVCCVC
Justice League

Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:56 pm

I really did not want to necro this thread. I even ignored fair number of noteworthy stories, but this has to be put here, for the benefit of all, but especially for those that get their knickers is a twist over the term "fake news".

In this video, Tim Pool goes through the origin of a recent highly charged and dangerous talking point.

He traces how the factual reporting of two instances of federal police officers in camo gear with police marking, unit patches and badge numbers detain two black clad rioters suspected of being involved with attempts to set the court house they protect and reside in on fire as well as an incident of attacking one of the federal officers with a hammer to the head by hauling them off in an unmarked van for questioning in the courthouse morphed into fake news of Trumps unmarked and unidentified Gestapo snatching people off the streets, never to be heard from again.

This is not some minor mistake. This shit causes (more) unrest and violence.
The news outlets that run this story are at the very least dangerously incompetent and realistically, imo, malicious actors trying to make money off of sensationalism and trying to hurt their political opponents, completely disregarding how much violence and death their misreporting could cause.
0 x