‘DARK KNIGHTS OF STEEL’, a new DC medieval fantasy world inspired by ‘Game of Thrones’

no avatar
Niloc
Young Justice
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:09 pm
x 132

Re: ‘DARK KNIGHTS OF STEEL’, a new DC medieval fantasy world inspired by ‘Game of Thrones’

Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:02 am

Huntsman44 wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:46 am
At this point, I can't really see where the next opportunity for Wonderbat could be. It's unlikely to be in Justice League Infinity and the DCEU is in a lot of trouble (and there's no time to explore a deep and meaningful relationship even if they wanted too). The Black and Gold WW series has had some really nice moments between Diana and Bruce but I can't see them pushing the pairing really. So yeah, looks pretty hopeless at the moment and it is a bit heart-breaking.
Yeah, honestly this series was probably my biggest hope for Wonderbat since JL: Infinity since Taylor was writing it, and it seemed from his previous DC works that he was sort of a wonderbat fan. Really, unless they come out with another type of comic series, the only other possible chance I can see Wonderbat having the slimmest possibility of occurring in is the new DCAU, mostly because both Batman and Wonder Woman’s most common love interests seem to be out of the picture. However, that’s even if they do a Justice League series/movie with this new universe. I’m like 90% confident nothing is going to happen between them in this universe, but I would love for hindsight to come back and make me look like a fool.
2 x
My heart belongs to Batman - Susan Eisenburg (the true Wonder Woman)

{I’m Epistol btw, I’m just too lazy to use my other account.}

no avatar
Niloc
Young Justice
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:09 pm
x 132

Re: ‘DARK KNIGHTS OF STEEL’, a new DC medieval fantasy world inspired by ‘Game of Thrones’

Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:04 am

Chaosmob wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:15 am
I'm excited to see where this goes, I'm hoping that they don't do a Superwonder story line. If so. I'm out.
Lmao, this is slightly funny to look back on since this kinda did happen :lol:
1 x
My heart belongs to Batman - Susan Eisenburg (the true Wonder Woman)

{I’m Epistol btw, I’m just too lazy to use my other account.}

no avatar
Huntsman44
Young Justice
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:22 am
x 40

Re: ‘DARK KNIGHTS OF STEEL’, a new DC medieval fantasy world inspired by ‘Game of Thrones’

Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:02 am

Niloc wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:02 am
Huntsman44 wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:46 am
At this point, I can't really see where the next opportunity for Wonderbat could be. It's unlikely to be in Justice League Infinity and the DCEU is in a lot of trouble (and there's no time to explore a deep and meaningful relationship even if they wanted too). The Black and Gold WW series has had some really nice moments between Diana and Bruce but I can't see them pushing the pairing really. So yeah, looks pretty hopeless at the moment and it is a bit heart-breaking.
Yeah, honestly this series was probably my biggest hope for Wonderbat since JL: Infinity since Taylor was writing it, and it seemed from his previous DC works that he was sort of a wonderbat fan. Really, unless they come out with another type of comic series, the only other possible chance I can see Wonderbat having the slimmest possibility of occurring in is the new DCAU, mostly because both Batman and Wonder Woman’s most common love interests seem to be out of the picture. However, that’s even if they do a Justice League series/movie with this new universe. I’m like 90% confident nothing is going to happen between them in this universe, but I would love for hindsight to come back and make me look like a fool.
I feel like that’s happened (Diana and Bruce being in a setting where it is plausible for them to have a romantic relationship) quite a few times before and yet all potential has been quickly nixed. Makes me think that it won’t happen like that (even if at this stage, it’s like one of the few remaining possibilities).

When you say new DCAU, what are you referring to?

12 issues isn’t really enough to explore two romantic relationships with Diana IMO.

Biggest problem is Selina, she’s entrenched in Batman’s and Gotham’s mythos, people love her character and they like her being shipped with Batman. She’s also got a much more sizeable media presence than Steve. Any relationship between Diana and Bruce would have to contend with the fact that Selina is most commonly associated as Batman’s primary love interest. Even when Selina is not present she presents a problem. That’s a big reason why Bruce’s love interests in other continuities never go far IMO, DC doesn’t want to piss off a vocal and important fanbase (Catwoman fans actually pay for her to be represented in comic books and other media, *looking at you Steve Trevor*)

After DC butchered Talia, Diana plays second fiddle to Selina in terms of Bruce’s love interests. So if Selina suddenly became unpopular, I think that Diana could fill that void, but at this stage we’re grasping at straws for just one canonical romantic relationship.

As for that superwonder comment from Chaosmob… lol
0 x

User avatar
Chaosmob
Site Admin
Posts: 10527
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:15 pm
Justice League Membership: Plastic Man
Location: Thunder Bay Ontario Canada
x 176

Re: ‘DARK KNIGHTS OF STEEL’, a new DC medieval fantasy world inspired by ‘Game of Thrones’

Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:54 am

Niloc wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:04 am
Chaosmob wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:15 am
I'm excited to see where this goes, I'm hoping that they don't do a Superwonder story line. If so. I'm out.
Lmao, this is slightly funny to look back on since this kinda did happen :lol:
Damn you DC, stop reading my messages!!!! lol
0 x
Can I have one more day? Every one I have left. My life is yours.
League membership: Plastic Man

no avatar
Niloc
Young Justice
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:09 pm
x 132

Re: ‘DARK KNIGHTS OF STEEL’, a new DC medieval fantasy world inspired by ‘Game of Thrones’

Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:51 pm

Huntsman44 wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:02 am
Niloc wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:02 am
Huntsman44 wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:46 am
At this point, I can't really see where the next opportunity for Wonderbat could be. It's unlikely to be in Justice League Infinity and the DCEU is in a lot of trouble (and there's no time to explore a deep and meaningful relationship even if they wanted too). The Black and Gold WW series has had some really nice moments between Diana and Bruce but I can't see them pushing the pairing really. So yeah, looks pretty hopeless at the moment and it is a bit heart-breaking.
Yeah, honestly this series was probably my biggest hope for Wonderbat since JL: Infinity since Taylor was writing it, and it seemed from his previous DC works that he was sort of a wonderbat fan. Really, unless they come out with another type of comic series, the only other possible chance I can see Wonderbat having the slimmest possibility of occurring in is the new DCAU, mostly because both Batman and Wonder Woman’s most common love interests seem to be out of the picture. However, that’s even if they do a Justice League series/movie with this new universe. I’m like 90% confident nothing is going to happen between them in this universe, but I would love for hindsight to come back and make me look like a fool.
I feel like that’s happened (Diana and Bruce being in a setting where it is plausible for them to have a romantic relationship) quite a few times before and yet all potential has been quickly nixed. Makes me think that it won’t happen like that (even if at this stage, it’s like one of the few remaining possibilities).

When you say new DCAU, what are you referring to?

12 issues isn’t really enough to explore two romantic relationships with Diana IMO.

Biggest problem is Selina, she’s entrenched in Batman’s and Gotham’s mythos, people love her character and they like her being shipped with Batman. She’s also got a much more sizeable media presence than Steve. Any relationship between Diana and Bruce would have to contend with the fact that Selina is most commonly associated as Batman’s primary love interest. Even when Selina is not present she presents a problem. That’s a big reason why Bruce’s love interests in other continuities never go far IMO, DC doesn’t want to piss off a vocal and important fanbase (Catwoman fans actually pay for her to be represented in comic books and other media, *looking at you Steve Trevor*)

After DC butchered Talia, Diana plays second fiddle to Selina in terms of Bruce’s love interests. So if Selina suddenly became unpopular, I think that Diana could fill that void, but at this stage we’re grasping at straws for just one canonical romantic relationship.

As for that superwonder comment from Chaosmob… lol

When I say “new DCAU” im referring to the new animated movies being released by DC, starting with Superman: Man of Tomorrow, Justice Society WWII, and Batman: The Long Halloween. This new animated universe is once again called the DCAU, but it doesn’t have any connections to the OG one. There haven’t been any publicized plans for a JL series in this universe, but it could be a possibility. So far, the only thing we know that is upcoming is a new Batman animated Series headed by Bruce Timm and JJ Abrams that explores a younger Batman, like year one or two. It’s supposed to come out next year (i think)
0 x
My heart belongs to Batman - Susan Eisenburg (the true Wonder Woman)

{I’m Epistol btw, I’m just too lazy to use my other account.}

no avatar
Huntsman44
Young Justice
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:22 am
x 40

Re: ‘DARK KNIGHTS OF STEEL’, a new DC medieval fantasy world inspired by ‘Game of Thrones’

Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:53 am

Niloc wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:51 pm
When I say “new DCAU” im referring to the new animated movies being released by DC, starting with Superman: Man of Tomorrow, Justice Society WWII, and Batman: The Long Halloween. This new animated universe is once again called the DCAU, but it doesn’t have any connections to the OG one. There haven’t been any publicized plans for a JL series in this universe, but it could be a possibility. So far, the only thing we know that is upcoming is a new Batman animated Series headed by Bruce Timm and JJ Abrams that explores a younger Batman, like year one or two. It’s supposed to come out next year (i think)
Thanks. I didn’t know they were in the same continuity. I’m taking it that Catwoman: Hunted is not in that continuity then?

I thought that animated series was in its own universe given Bruce Timm was talking about how he was given a blank slate to do what he wanted with Batman (uh oh here comes more Batman/Batgirl)
1 x

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests